Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer

Tarvaris Jackson:The Checklist

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_6833597

What two small-college quarterbacks Phil Simms (Morehead State) and Ron Jaworski (Youngstown State) think are essentials for Tarvaris Jackson to succeed this season:

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tarvaris Jackson:The Checklist

i hope he throws touchdowns passes
    We're bringing purple back.

audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

GO VIKES!!!!

8)

Peace Out

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Tarvaris just needs to "play within himself". This is not a team or an offense that will require him to make Elway-like drives (as if he could). I am o.k. with Tarvaris "driving the bus", and letting our running game and our defense win games. From everything I have seen, Childress has built this team "from the inside out", i.e. from the line and running backs first, and then the QB and WRs. I think the "plan" is for our QB to develop over a couple years. The Vikings are one of the few teams that do this (develop a QB over multiple seasons). I am not sure if that is good or bad, to be honest. Obviously, if it works this year, everyone will say, "it worked".

"gregair13" wrote:
    There was some article posted the other day where they talked about Tarvaris calling Peyton Manning for advice.
    I'm sure Peyton told him the same thing you did:
    "You're going to want to try and throw about 40-45 TDs this season... Definately don't throw more than 10 INTs.
    Those are bad so don't do that.
    You do that and you'll be okay."

That's great advice right there.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Tarvaris just needs to "play within himself". This is not a team or an offense that will require him to make Elway-like drives (as if he could). I am o.k. with Tarvaris "driving the bus", and letting our running game and our defense win games. From everything I have seen, Childress has built this team "from the inside out", i.e. from the line and running backs first, and then the QB and WRs. I think the "plan" is for our QB to develop over a couple years. The Vikings are one of the few teams that do this (develop a QB over multiple seasons). I am not sure if that is good or bad, to be honest. Obviously, if it works this year, everyone will say, "it worked".
    You are a wise man my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Overlord" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    There was some article posted the other day where they talked about Tarvaris calling Peyton Manning for advice.
    I'm sure Peyton told him the same thing you did:
    "You're going to want to try and throw about 40-45 TDs this season... Definately don't throw more than 10 INTs.
    Those are bad so don't do that.
    You do that and you'll be okay."

That's great advice right there.
    And he also added that TJ should do about 300 commercials a year so people recognize him and get a chance to see the hidden comedian in him

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Don't be surprised if the first play from scrimmage with the box stacked is a pass. Wade or Sidney, or T-Will on a slant. Then we'll settle into Viking football, with a power running game and a scary defense allowing us to win field position, and create some short field oppurtunities with takeaway's. We are gonna pound em, stop the run and get after Harrington.

Tarvaris just has to play within Chilli's offense, and let the talent around him do the work. Stars on the rise today: T-Jack, Wade, CT, AD, T-Will, Shiancoe, and the whole dang defense.

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

protect the football baby! the running game and DEFENSE will take care of the rest
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

DON'T HOLD HIM BACK

Phil Simms: "I saw him this preseason, twice, and I thought he looked good in both. But I was a little disappointed, because it was guarded. I would have liked to have seen him play a game where they threw it 30 or 40 times.

"They didn't let him go during the preseason, so I doubt they'll let him throw it to win during the regular season."

I hope this isn't the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast