Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: Tarvaris Jackson

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    i think we basically agree, but i have little doubt that the qb decision wasn't on him and i think thats been my point.
    he's the offensive guru, he's the former qbs coach, he's the one most intimate with what he has at that position.
    so my speculation once the free agency period went by is that childress felt tjack is his guy.
    and maybe he will be, but "if" he does fail it's on childress cuz to me he was the decision maker on this one.
    and i think the way he is handling him is wrong, and i think he's too flip floppy when it comes to what he wants to do.
    so in summary i'm saying that "this" decision, in my opinion, was made by childress and it may cost us big time.
    But when you really look at it he tried several different options to get a guy in, to include Holcomb.

Was that because he was happy with what he had?

My speculation is that he wasn't happy, but rather hindered or given a mandate by the staff to see what the kid had.

That, my friend, is why alot of us, me included, could take his actions as flip floppy.

He has to stand in front of the press/fans and say the company stuff (lets see what the kid has) vice probably something else like (He isn't showing me enough so I want another guy to start.... get me a vet in here that can go a year or two as we originally paned) or something along that lines.

Now we are both speculating, however, I am not so closed minded as to believe it couldn't have gone on that way.

To put it another way...........

Would you go with TJ this year?
    I know I wouldn't and I don't have as much at stake as the Ole Chiller.
    Why in his right mind would he unless it was decided (by more than him) that they wanted to see what the kid had and then go from there.

I bet the Chiller is cooking the dinner with out the right ingrediants cause someone failed to get everything for the recipe.
    :

It could be because he's an idiot.
    I suppose you could be correct.
    ;D
    yah i think you are giving him too much credit.
    i think he thinks he has it all figured out, but things have not worked out that way.
    and ill go with the logic that he wanted tjack starting than sit here and think we did nothing in free agency cuz we were waiting for kelly friggin holcomb to come save our day.
    holcomb was brought in to back up jackson cuz another over-rated childress guy couldnt cut it in bollinger.
    we had an experienced vet running childress's system last year and looked just as bad.
    it's time to start pointing the finger at the bald guy cuz we are not seeing enough progress if any.
    All right, that convinced me.

Fire the bastard.

JK.
    I give up.
    ;D
    ha ha ha ha.
    that's more like it.
    no, i dont wanna be knee jerk, but it looks like holcomb is starting again this week so it's a home game, with another childress guy, so if we lose what happens?
    the season is probably over and between the personel moves we've made, childress influenced or not, and the lack of progress on the field what do you do besides start questioning the merits of the head coach?
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=38893.msg661169#msg661169 date=1193250382]
    i think we basically agree, but i have little doubt that the qb decision wasn't on him and i think thats been my point.
    he's the offensive guru, he's the former qbs coach, he's the one most intimate with what he has at that position.
    so my speculation once the free agency period went by is that childress felt tjack is his guy.
    and maybe he will be, but "if" he does fail it's on childress cuz to me he was the decision maker on this one.
    and i think the way he is handling him is wrong, and i think he's too flip floppy when it comes to what he wants to do.
    so in summary i'm saying that "this" decision, in my opinion, was made by childress and it may cost us big time.
    But when you really look at it he tried several different options to get a guy in, to include Holcomb.

Was that because he was happy with what he had?

My speculation is that he wasn't happy, but rather hindered or given a mandate by the staff to see what the kid had.

That, my friend, is why alot of us, me included, could take his actions as flip floppy.

He has to stand in front of the press/fans and say the company stuff (lets see what the kid has) vice probably something else like (He isn't showing me enough so I want another guy to start.... get me a vet in here that can go a year or two as we originally paned) or something along that lines.

Now we are both speculating, however, I am not so closed minded as to believe it couldn't have gone on that way.

To put it another way...........

Would you go with TJ this year?
    I know I wouldn't and I don't have as much at stake as the Ole Chiller.
    Why in his right mind would he unless it was decided (by more than him) that they wanted to see what the kid had and then go from there.

I bet the Chiller is cooking the dinner with out the right ingrediants cause someone failed to get everything for the recipe.
    :

It could be because he's an idiot.
    I suppose you could be correct.

;D
    yah i think you are giving him too much credit.
    i think he thinks he has it all figured out, but things have not worked out that way.
    and ill go with the logic that he wanted tjack starting than sit here and think we did nothing in free agency cuz we were waiting for kelly friggin holcomb to come save our day.
    holcomb was brought in to back up jackson cuz another over-rated childress guy couldnt cut it in bollinger.
    we had an experienced vet running childress's system last year and looked just as bad.
    it's time to start pointing the finger at the bald guy cuz we are not seeing enough progress if any.
    All right, that convinced me.

Fire the bastard.

JK.
    I give up.

;D
    ha ha ha ha.
    that's more like it.
    no, i dont wanna be knee jerk, but it looks like holcomb is starting again this week so it's a home game, with another childress guy, so if we lose what happens?
    the season is probably over and between the personel moves we've made, childress influenced or not, and the lack of progress on the field what do you do besides start questioning the merits of the head coach?
    [/quote]
    Another Childress guy.
    Brother.... :

I start to question his merits when he is coaching a group of players that can be relied upon to execute within a resonable amount of consistency.

IMHO that won't be until next year, just based on the age/experience level of the team we currently have on the field.

I do find it kindof interesting that the team has been very competitive to this point considering the experience/time most of these players have had in the NFL (R, 1, 2 year players) or in this systems (Vets 1 and 2 years).

Gotta be something going right with what the coaches are doing and the staff is doing in selecting those players.
    Possibly something of merit IMHO.
    Would you agree or are you just basing it all on the QB and on nothing else?

Your response should/could be very interesting.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

[]
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567