Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tarvaris Jackson

"VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    WE beat Chicago 34-31. Tarvaris Jackson passed 9-23, 136 yards, and a TD. 9 COMPLETIONS. I don't care if its the bears. Their defence isn't top like it used to be. I'm not saying their bad, but their not THAT good. We won, just because of AP. Can anyone tell me the other QB's we have on the team? I don't think Jackson is doing it for us. Look at his stats.
    Did you forget to put an H after the N in your name?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Im with cojo on this, I cant believe you dont want more from a QB... have any of you ever played? The Qb is the leader and if the leader sux, the rest of the team most overcome. I just think the Vikings are selling themselves short on settling for This QB
    as were the Bears with Grossman, as were the Lions with Harrington, chargers with Leaf...and of those the only one TJ comes close to is Grossman...I just see excuses for this kid, I dont think he will ever play elswhere...when he didnt turn it over and was 9 of 23 Thats his best game....put him out on the waiver wire I gaurantee there is not a bite( I know trade deadline is past) A stronger Pass defense and a good to great QB and this team rolls
    Great idea. We'll just go out and get Brady or Manning, then we'll be set. They don't grow 'em on trees.
    Or maybe you think they should have taken Quinn instead of Peterson. And like you point out. The trade deadline is over. So what's the point. And yes I did play the game.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

davike is offline Team Alumni

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Im with cojo on this, I cant believe you dont want more from a QB... have any of you ever played? The Qb is the leader and if the leader sux, the rest of the team most overcome. I just think the Vikings are selling themselves short on settling for This QB
    as were the Bears with Grossman, as were the Lions with Harrington, chargers with Leaf...and of those the only one TJ comes close to is Grossman...I just see excuses for this kid, I dont think he will ever play elswhere...when he didnt turn it over and was 9 of 23 Thats his best game....put him out on the waiver wire I gaurantee there is not a bite( I know trade deadline is past) A stronger Pass defense and a good to great QB and this team rolls
    Great idea. We'll just go out and get Brady or Manning, then we'll be set. They don't grow 'em on trees.
    Or maybe you think they should have taken Quinn instead of Peterson. And like you point out. The trade deadline is over. So what's the point. And yes I did play the game.
    Exactly, there is just butt loads of good QBs available. We should just go grab one and all our troubles will be over.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Ok stat man here are the stats i calulated if the WR's caught every ball...

13-23 200yds 2 TD's...not bad if you ask me.

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"DaVizzles" wrote:

exactly.
    and hello, he's basically a rookie.
    if i recall correctly i dont remember tom brady throwing for 300 yards and 4 tds when he first started playing.
    i remember manning throwing 3 picks a game when he came into the league.
    roethlisberger basically handed the ball off for 2 years before they let him open it up a bit.
    and these are considered big time qbs.
    so how bout we give tjack a bit of a break since he has started a total of 5 games?
    can we at least let him prove he's not worthy before we make him not worthy.
    geez.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I am starting to think Tarvaris can be good. I do think he tends to panic at the first sign of pressure, which is not good, but that can get better with time. He overthrows, but hey, I would rather have a QB who "throws too hard", than one you throws too soft. He needs to put touch on the ball. He reminds me of young Doug Williams. And we all know what happened there.
    :

I do think T-Jacks is WAY better when we are pounding the rock and then setting up the pass that way (off play action), rather than trying to set up some kind of uber-complex "west coast pass attack" with a rookie QB (for God's sake !).

I would "highly" suggest we just continue to run the ball, say, 35 times a game, and then, when the safeties come up to support the "box", let it fly, like we did against the Bears. That pass to Williamson for the TD was perfect, textbook play action.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"DaVizzles" wrote:

and i bet rice could took one of his drops to the house, so he might have even got 3 TD's

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VIKINAT0R" wrote:

Can anyone tell me the other QB's we have on the team?

Welcome to PP.O, VIKINAT0R!

How long have you been a Vikings fan?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Welcome to PPO Vikingnator, now read some T-Jack threads and give our QB a chance to develope. I like what I'm starting to see, and if we complete a few of those missed chances we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"DaVizzles" wrote:

Actually it would have been more like the mid to high 200s and possibly a 3rd TD.

Everyone forgets last year when he came in during the Jets game didn't he have like 171 yards passing in 1 1/2 quarters?
    I don't remember for sure but the kid has potential.

I want to say one thing to the people that are saying we should have drafted Brady Quinn.
    Two words, Adrian Peterson.
    Does that answer your question?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast