Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    VIKINAT0R is offline Waterboy

Tarvaris Jackson

WE beat Chicago 34-31. Tarvaris Jackson passed 9-23, 136 yards, and a TD. 9 COMPLETIONS. I don't care if its the bears. Their defence isn't top like it used to be. I'm not saying their bad, but their not THAT good. We won, just because of AP. Can anyone tell me the other QB's we have on the team? I don't think Jackson is doing it for us. Look at his stats.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tarvaris Jackson

"VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    WE beat Chicago 34-31. Tarvaris Jackson passed 9-23, 136 yards, and a TD. 9 COMPLETIONS. I don't care if its the bears. Their defence isn't top like it used to be. I'm not saying their bad, but their not THAT good. We won, just because of AP. Can anyone tell me the other QB's we have on the team? I don't think Jackson is doing it for us. Look at his stats.
    TJack made NO mistakes...I'll take that ANY DAY!
    Give the guy a break...he was starting his SIXTH game.
    Heck, the Lions gave Harrington more time than that, the Bores gave Grossman more time than that...even the Chargers and Bengals gave Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith, respectively, more time than that.
    IF TJack can keep away from turnovers (and gets progressively better), then I am just fine with him at QB.
    Heck, the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer not making mistakes and just letting the defense and running game win games for him (sound like another team that wears purple that you know?).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    You honestly need to ask that question?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    Didn't we already discuss this in two or three other threads?

Sometimes the game goes beyond what is written down on paper.
    TJ made NO mistakes, and kept us in the game.
    He also had WRs that dropped 6 very, very catchable balls.
    In case you are curious, his QB rating was 73.8 for the Chicago game.
    That is definately in the OK range.
    Not amazing mind you, but not bad for a QB making his 5th ever NFL start.

Had even half of the dropped passes been caught, he would have had a 84.7 rating.
    Had they all been caught, his rating would have been 95.6.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    Didn't we already discuss this in two or three other threads?

Sometimes the game goes beyond what is written down on paper.
    TJ made NO mistakes, and kept us in the game.
    He also had WRs that dropped 6 very, very catchable balls.
    In case you are curious, his QB rating was 73.8 for the Chicago game.
    That is definately in the OK range.
    Not amazing mind you, but not bad for a QB making his 5th ever NFL start.

Had even half of the dropped passes been caught, he would have had a 84.7 rating.
    Had they all been caught, his rating would have been 95.6.
    exactly.
    say 4 get caught as they should have he's 13-23 for probably close to 200 yards, maybe a 2nd td with the room rice had to run.
    throw in no picks and whatta yah want.
    i'll take it.
    not to mention he got the big plays rolling by hitting williamson after we gave up the punt return.
    protection is getting better and he is looking better.
    lets just hope better keeps happening.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    Heck, the Lions gave Harrington more time than that, the Bores gave Grossman more time than that...even the Chargers and Bengals gave Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith, respectively, more time than that.
    IF TJack can keep away from turnovers (and gets progressively better), then I am just fine with him at QB.
    Heck, the Ravens won the Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer not making mistakes and just letting the defense and running game win games for him (sound like another team that wears purple that you know?).
    Gezzz, how low have we fallen when we are happy a QB doesn't make a mistake and only completes
    9 of 23 pass attempts and overthrows or underthrows several receivers.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    Gezzz, how low have we fallen when we are happy a QB doesn't make a mistake and only completes
    umm i remember several passes on the money that were dropped, not to mention ferguson slipping at a great timed ball

Thanks josdin00

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    He overthrew Richardson.
    What are the other ones you are talking about?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "VIKINAT0R" wrote:
    He overthrew Richardson.
    What are the other ones you are talking about?
    Let's see, he overthrew Williamson and right off the top I can't remember others. I think missed Rice on a crossing pattern. But the POINT of my thread was not to belittle TJ but to say how sad it is when we as Viking fans are happy with just having a QB that doesn't make a mistake. No reflection on TJ, just that we, as fans, don't want more. I know he's the best we got and of course whether you like Childress or not the fact is we passed on some experienced FA to go with him. I hope he pans out. I don't want to break in a new draft choice next year.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast