Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Tarvaris improves despite not playing

Back in June, when a sense of inevitability was growing regarding the eventual arrival of Brett Favre in Minnesota, plenty of players wanted to Vikings to stand pat with Tarvaris Jackson, the fourth-year quarterback who was benched last year after starting 0-2 and then returned to propel the team into the postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-not-playing/

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Re: Tarvaris improves despite not playing

I think there's still a future for TJ. We've seen glimpses of his maturity and improvement over the years. I know he works hard too.
    Sean Saunders

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"CulpepperViking16" wrote:
    I think there's still a future for TJ. We've seen glimpses of his maturity and improvement over the years. I know he works hard too.
    [img size=100]http://www.purplepride.org/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/water-boy.jpg[/img]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Not a bad read.
    Thanks my friend.

I'm back on the TJ bandwagon (again).
    What has impressed me the most is how he has handled his career to date especially when it comes to the press/media.

Throw in a very good showing at the end of last season with the possible exception of the Iggles game. Hell even Birk gaffed in that Iggles game why wouldn't a young QB with no WR's to throw to and a OL that looked like turnstyles.
    Add to that a good pre-season showing mucking about with the dregs of the team and a damn fine showing against the Rams with the 2's and 3's.

Maybe the maturation process has come full circle, or atleast enough to warrant a contract.
    He is gonna get one.
    Lets hope its a Vikes contract.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Not a bad read.
    Thanks my friend.

What has impressed me the most is how he has handled his career to date especially when it comes to the press/media.

Throw in a very good showing at the end of last season with the possible exception of the Iggles game. Hell even Birk gaffed in that Iggles game why wouldn't a young QB with no WR's to throw to and a OL that looked like turnstyles.
    Add to that a good pre-season showing mucking about with the dregs of the team and a damn fine showing against the Rams with the 2's and 3's.

Maybe the maturation process has come full circle, or atleast enough to warrant a contract.
    He is gonna get one.
    ;D
    Yeah, he is right up there with the great ones. Some day he may even move ahead of Gus ;D

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...c,54180.0.html

16) Gus Frerotte - He was brilliant in two 2003 starts, throwing six touchdown passes with just one interception. When he returned to the Vikings in 2008, he was 8-3 after Tarvaris Jackson was benched, his sketchy numbers (12 TD passes, 15 interceptions) tolerable because of the team's sixth-rated defense and top-rated rushing offense. But an injury toward the end of the season gave Jackson another chance to start, and he fared well enough to keep the job even when Frerotte was able to play again.

Seasons: 2003-04, 2008 Years: 3

Starts: 13 W-L-T: 10-3

Winning percentage: .769

17) Tarvaris Jackson - Benched following a miserable 0-2 start last season, Jackson helped the Vikings secure a home playoff game with a 2-1 finish in 2008. He had the best game of his career against the eventual NFC champion Arizona Cardinals, throwing four touchdown passes in a 35-14 victory at University of Phoenix Stadium. But he struggled in his only playoff start against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Seasons: 2006-08 Years: 3

Starts: 19 W-L-T: 10-9

Winning percentage: .526

18) Bob Berry - A one-time Pro Bowl selection for Atlanta between two stints with Minnesota, he did win a start during the 1974 season, helping the Vikings finish 10-4 and gain home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. That proved significant because the Vikings and Los Angeles Rams finished with the same record, but the Vikings beat the Rams 14-10 at Metropolitan Stadium to advance to the Super Bowl.

Seasons: 1965-67, 73-76 Years: 7

Starts: 2 W-L-T: 1-1

Winning percentage: .500

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not a bad read.
    Thanks My Farvish Friend.

Add to that a good pre-season showing mucking about with the dregs of the team and a gol 'darnit fine showing against the Rams with the 2's and 3's.

He is gonna get one.

;D
    Yeah, he is right up there with the great ones. Some day he may even move ahead of Gus ;D

16) Gus Frerotte - He was brilliant in two 2003 starts, throwing six touchdown passes with just one interception. When he returned to the Vikings in 2008, he was 8-3 after Tarvaris Jackson was benched, his sketchy numbers (12 TD passes, 15 interceptions) tolerable because of the team's sixth-rated defense and top-rated rushing offense. But an injury toward the end of the season gave Jackson another chance to start, and he fared well enough to keep the job even when Frerotte was able to play again.

17) Tarvaris Jackson - Benched following a miserable 0-2 start last season, Jackson helped the Vikings secure a home playoff game with a 2-1 finish in 2008. He had the best game of his career against the eventual NFC champion Arizona Cardinals, throwing four touchdown passes in a 35-14 victory at University of Phoenix Stadium. But he struggled in his only playoff start against the Philadelphia Eagles.

18) Bob Berry - A one-time Pro Bowl selection for Atlanta between two stints with Minnesota, he did win a start during the 1974 season, helping the Vikings finish 10-4 and gain home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. That proved significant because the Vikings and Los Angeles Rams finished with the same record, but the Vikings beat the Rams 14-10 at Metropolitan Stadium to advance to the Super Bowl.

Patience is a virtue my friend.
    Sometimes patience also pays off when it comes to football players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

carta4eva is offline Asst. Coach Space Invaders Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not a bad read.

Add to that a good pre-season showing mucking about with the dregs of the team and a gol 'darnit fine showing against the Rams with the 2's and 3's.

He is gonna get one.

;D

Patience is a virtue My Farvish Friend.

I completely agree.... the kid has improved leaps and bounds from that first cold brisk night at Lambeau his rookie year... now that he's learning from a deity (who better to learn from than the only guy in the league with a stronger arm than him
    ;D) instead of a Brooks Bollinger... he will be ready to take over the reigns... As long as Chilly is around TJack will be as well, he developed him like 'a piece of clay' and Jackson's damn near a finished product. Just think of how T-Jack would look with Percy Harvin as his slot receiver and a dramatically improved sidney rice not to mention solid play from his right tackle
    A wise man once said," Defense Wins Championships!"

"carta4eva" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not a bad read.

He is gonna get one.

;D

Patience is a virtue My Farvish Friend.

I completely agree.... the kid has improved leaps and bounds from that first cold brisk night at Lambeau his rookie year... now that he's learning from a deity (who better to learn from than the only guy in the league with a stronger arm than him
    ;D) instead of a Brooks Bollinger... he will be ready to take over the reigns... As long as Chilly is around TJack will be as well, he developed him like 'a piece of clay' and Jackson's gol 'darnit near a finished product. Just think of how T-Jack would look with Percy Harvin as his slot receiver and a dramatically improved sidney rice not to mention solid play from his right tackle
    LOL, One could almost argue that improved play at OL and WR could almost make any QB look better than they have ever played in thier career.
    Even ole TJ.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Not a bad read.

He is gonna get one.
    ;D

Patience is a virtue my friend.
    Yeah, that 3 year project that turned into a 4 year project that has now moved into the half a decade project just might be a great backup some day. Hoo Rah.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He's had 19 starts be easy on the kid people

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast