Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 255

Thread: Tarvaris hurt

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    72

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "singersp" wrote:
    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    Just another reason we need to shorten the preseason.
    ???

    That makes no sense.

    Do you think it's any better or less significant if a player gets hurt during a regular season game than a pre-season game?
    At least in the regular season games count for something, not just a glorified scrimmage.

  2. #22
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: tavaris hurt

    He just needs to learn to go out of bounds... don't take on these guys.

    haha the misspelling of the name and the "How bad do you think it is" for some reason made me laugh.

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    Just another reason we need to shorten the preseason.
    ???

    That makes no sense.

    Do you think it's any better or less significant if a player gets hurt during a regular season game than a pre-season game?
    At least in the regular season games count for something, not just a glorified scrimmage.
    The player is still injured is he not?

    Do you think the players actually think, "Damn! I wish I would have got injured in a regular season game instead."?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: tavaris hurt

    ESPN game summary says he "collapsed" near the bench after getting hit in the knee and run those two extra plays afterwards. Was it really a collapse? is it really that bad?

    Sounded like he played well though.
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  5. #25
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "Braddock" wrote:
    ESPN game summary says he "collapsed" near the bench after getting hit in the knee and run those two extra plays afterwards. Was it really a collapse? is it really that bad?

    Sounded like he played well though.
    He didn't collapse he just went down to his knees then laid on his back ... IT really wasn't that bad of a hit... just a bruised knee

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    72

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "singersp" wrote:
    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    Just another reason we need to shorten the preseason.
    ???

    That makes no sense.

    Do you think it's any better or less significant if a player gets hurt during a regular season game than a pre-season game?
    At least in the regular season games count for something, not just a glorified scrimmage.
    The player is still injured is he not?

    Do you think the players actually think, "gol 'darnit! I wish I would have got injured in a regular season game instead."?
    No, but at least they were contributing to something important in a regular season game.
    Obviously you don't want injuries, but a regular season one is easier to swallow than in a glorified practice.

  7. #27
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    Just another reason we need to shorten the preseason.
    lol hahaha to what? one game? teams and players need the preseason to tune up..lets just hope this isnt the beginning of an injury prone career for jackson..he had injuries here and there all last season, and this certainly isnt a good start to this year
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  8. #28
    Texanvike's Avatar
    Texanvike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    135

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "olson_10" wrote:
    "johnnyfrey12" wrote:
    Just another reason we need to shorten the preseason.
    lol hahaha to what? one game? teams and players need the preseason to tune up..lets just hope this isnt the beginning of an injury prone career for jackson..he had injuries here and there all last season, and this certainly isnt a good start to this year
    Not that stupid considering the NFL has considered shortening it several times.
    I love lamp.

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "BBQ" wrote:
    You see...THIS is why you shouldn't work your players too hard in training camp.
    Stuff like this happens.
    ???

    To be honest, I think this is happening because we didn't work them hard enough.
    Childress had a very light training camp this year, and IMHO they are lacking conditioning heading into these games making them more injury prone.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: tavaris hurt

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:
    You see...THIS is why you shouldn't work your players too hard in training camp.
    Stuff like this happens.
    ???

    To be honest, I think this is happening because we didn't work them hard enough.
    Childress had a very light training camp this year, and IMHO they are lacking conditioning heading into these games making them more injury prone.
    Sir you are wrong i don't want to make an argument to support this, but you are wrong.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tahi hurt
    By Sajid28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM
  2. Someone hurt Vernon Fox !!!!!
    By mnjamie in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 01:49 PM
  3. SMOOT HURT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
    By Jordan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 03:07 AM
  4. Bennett hurt......again
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 03:08 PM
  5. What hurt the most?
    By MOSSISBOSS88 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 09:05 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •