Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,852
    Blog Entries
    1

    Tarvarious jackson!

    I don't think he was given a chance here. Has this been discussed? I used the search function but I can't find any threads or comments about tjack
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105747
    I don't think he was given a chance here. Has this been discussed? I used the search function but I can't find any threads or comments about tjack
    I think Travis jackson is a very underrated QB. I think given time, if he can learn the game a bit better, gain his confidence, he can be a very good QB. You have to remember, he came from a small DIAA school, so the transition to the pros is much more significant than a guy who came from a big school. Just be patient, I think you'll like what you see from him.

  3. #3
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105748
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105747
    I don't think he was given a chance here. Has this been discussed? I used the search function but I can't find any threads or comments about tjack
    I think Travis jackson is a very underrated QB. I think given time, if he can learn the game a bit better, gain his confidence, he can be a very good QB. You have to remember, he came from a small DIAA school, so the transition to the pros is much more significant than a guy who came from a big school. Just be patient, I think you'll like what you see from him.
    +1

    Tajarvis is a total beast. He ran like a 4.3 forty and he does some really cool passes where he actually jumps in the air before he throws it so that he can see over the offensive line. Not very many quarterbacks can pull that off. Sad to see him go.

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  4. #4
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,308

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1105749
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105748
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105747
    I don't think he was given a chance here. Has this been discussed? I used the search function but I can't find any threads or comments about tjack
    I think Travis jackson is a very underrated QB. I think given time, if he can learn the game a bit better, gain his confidence, he can be a very good QB. You have to remember, he came from a small DIAA school, so the transition to the pros is much more significant than a guy who came from a big school. Just be patient, I think you'll like what you see from him.
    +1

    Tajarvis is a total beast. He ran like a 4.3 forty and he does some really cool passes where he actually jumps in the air before he throws it so that he can see over the offensive line. Not very many quarterbacks can pull that off. Sad to see him go.
    Tardarius is raw talent. He needs to take time to develop, but he will certainly be betteer than Brent Favor ever was.

    Sure, he never hits his guys in stride. He rarely throws a deep pass with any touch what-so-ever. He appears to be a good scrambler, but he starts scrambling right after the snap. I imagine that if he is given a starting job unearned four or five times he might be good. I definitely will reserve judgement until he has had at least 100 NFL starts. Otherwise his sample size is too small for a fair assessment.

  5. #5
    Tanner2729 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    T-Jack is an unbelievable athlete... no question about it.

    With Jackson coming from a small school, way too much was expected of him way to soon and thats not his fault. BUT, J-Jackalope has already spent four years in the NFL "developing" under the careful guidance of top tier coaches. AND, in the past four years he has had the opportunity to learn from some seasoned vets... but he just doesn't get it.

    The Vikings drafted him and tried to develop him with much frustration and a zero return on their investment. The Vikings organization know him better than anyone and they didn't want Jackson. Period.

    Sounds like a lot of purple peeps here think Jackson just needs "time to develop"? OK!!!?????

    How much time do you think Tardarius (thanks midgensa) needs? Is he like a 10 year development project?
    None

  6. #6
    vikinggreg's Avatar
    vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    4,771

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1105751
    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1105749
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1105748
    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1105747
    I don't think he was given a chance here. Has this been discussed? I used the search function but I can't find any threads or comments about tjack
    I think Travis jackson is a very underrated QB. I think given time, if he can learn the game a bit better, gain his confidence, he can be a very good QB. You have to remember, he came from a small DIAA school, so the transition to the pros is much more significant than a guy who came from a big school. Just be patient, I think you'll like what you see from him.
    +1

    Tajarvis is a total beast. He ran like a 4.3 forty and he does some really cool passes where he actually jumps in the air before he throws it so that he can see over the offensive line. Not very many quarterbacks can pull that off. Sad to see him go.
    Tardarius is raw talent. He needs to take time to develop, but he will certainly be betteer than Brent Favor ever was.

    Sure, he never hits his guys in stride. He rarely throws a deep pass with any touch what-so-ever. He appears to be a good scrambler, but he starts scrambling right after the snap. I imagine that if he is given a starting job unearned four or five times he might be good. I definitely will reserve judgement until he has had at least 100 NFL starts. Otherwise his sample size is too small for a fair assessment.
    Tarvus Fax Jackson keeps me on the edge of my seat when watching him, I know he's just going to do something that I just won't believe really just happened but as amazing as that can be it will happen again. He is the model of consistency when it come to shock and awe, he is just full of awe that I'm sure fans will be chanting awe full, awe full, awe full as he leads the offense on the field

  7. #7
    MulletMullitia's Avatar
    MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    943
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    Quote Originally Posted by "Tanner2729" #1105758
    T-Jack is an unbelievable athlete... no question about it.

    With Jackson coming from a small school, way too much was expected of him way to soon and thats not his fault. BUT, J-Jackalope has already spent four years in the NFL "developing" under the careful guidance of top tier coaches. AND, in the past four years he has had the opportunity to learn from some seasoned vets... but he just doesn't get it.

    The Vikings drafted him and tried to develop him with much frustration and a zero return on their investment. The Vikings organization know him better than anyone and they didn't want Jackson. Period.

    Sounds like a lot of purple peeps here think Jackson just needs "time to develop"? OK!!!?????

    How much time do you think Tardarius (thanks midgensa) needs? Is he like a 10 year development project?
    [img size=260x260]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/260x260/9301186.jpg[/img]

    Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

  8. #8
    5vikingsrule6 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    37

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    [img size=260x260]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/260x260/9301186.jpg[/img]
    lmao this is exactly what I was thinking when i read the first post.

  9. #9
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,778
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    Quote Originally Posted by "MulletMullitia" #1105749

    Tajarvis is a total beast. He ran like a 4.3 forty and he does some really cool passes where he actually jumps in the air before he throws it so that he can see over the offensive line. Not very many quarterbacks can pull that off. Sad to see him go.
    Indeed takes great talent to do that and I'm sure that such moves will earn him many more fans from the NBA ranks, especially if their lockout continues.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  10. #10
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tarvarious jackson!

    I am not sure what people are expecting from him so soon. This is only like his 6th season in the league and some of the greatest QB's in history only got good until they were in the league much longer. Heck, look at Steve DeBerg. He sucked until he had been in the league for a very long time before his career took off in Kansas City.

    To expect anything more from him in his first decade is just asking too much. Give the guy some time to figure things out and he will be just fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. T-Jackson
    By sotaman300m in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 07:39 PM
  2. Jackson: 'I got a lot better'
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 02:13 PM
  3. Jackson #2
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 08-21-2006, 09:59 AM
  4. Jackson Sig
    By revprodeji in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 09:15 PM
  5. Jackson Maybe Next...
    By MuzikQ in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-13-2006, 06:42 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •