Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tarkenton to Zygi: "Play Joe Webb"

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1079784
    Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1079778
    AND a hearty confidence in the future of Webb also had to figure into the decision, being that there would be a fairly good chance of Webb getting into action considering the age and many injuries of the battered Favre and the questionable ability of Jackson.
    And this is were I find fault in your perception of Jackson.

You constantly say he's not very good & has questionable ability, ergo blaming the QB, but when Favre's not playing very good & his ability looks questionable, your quick to blame the OL & receivers.

You do realize both QB's play behind the same OL & have the same receivers don't you?

So why is it you think Favre would have better success behind a better OL, but Jackson will not?

We've been thru this discussion many times before prior to you coming aboard.

Any blame placed on the OL when TJ is under center is nothing more than an excuse & the problem is the QB & not the OL.

Any blame placed on the OL when Brett is under center is quite the valid reason & it's not the QB's fault. The problem is the OL & not the QB.

It's a double-standard that's been here 2 years now.

I tend to believe that if the pass protection isn't good enough to protect one QB, then its not good enough to protect the others & it can be blamed, only in part, for the lack of success by the QB's.

I also strongly believe that Jackson would protect the ball better & not turn it over anywhere near the amount of times Favre has.

The turnovers is one of the biggest reasons we are losing games. You can't score if you don't have the ball.

The lack of protection & receivers can only be blamed for some, nowhere near all, of Favre's INT's.

Webb is an unknown at this point. I'd hate to see him tossed to the wolves behind that OL the wat TJ was in 2006.

Also, fans tend to get all agog & prematurely crown young players future stars & "beasts" based on a play or couple of plays. Much like Lewis' first catch last year, the Greg Blue hit a few years back & the Jason Carter catch & TD of 2006.
    The only double standards are the Favre haters. You are insane if you think the OL is playing like they did last year. You are insane if you don't understand Rice has been gone. REALLY?! Favre has worked with Lewis, Camarillo, and Baskett. Bernards pussy has been hurt. Percy is also been hurt but playing. You better believe his ass is getting doubled. I am so sick of the haters ignoring these facts.

Also, TJ was benched for Gus. If he did not get injured, maybe we could have won the playoff game. How soon you forget about his mistakes.

Double standards indeed. Sure we can forget about what TJ did 1 1/2 years ago but not what Favre did last year.

LOL

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tarkenton to Zygi: "Play Joe Webb"

Quote Originally Posted by "Infidel" #1079789
    You constantly say he's not very good & has questionable ability, ergo blaming the QB, but when Favre's not playing very good & his ability looks questionable, your quick to blame the OL & receivers.

You do realize both QB's play behind the same OL & have the same receivers don't you?

So why is it you think Favre would have better success behind a better OL, but Jackson will not?

We've been thru this discussion many times before prior to you coming aboard.
    It's simply an invalid comparison. Same OL?

As I have said before, you can't compare one year's line with another year's line--even if they're the same people......one year they may be playing superbly and the other year they are horrible.

If you've had this discussion many times it was always a waste of time since the comparison is invalid.

Truth is.....even comparing two different GAMES in the SAME season is questionable.

Comparing a line's play in two different seasons?

That's worse than apples and oranges and, clearly.....some of the apples and oranges are not as fresh as they were last year or the year before......in fact, some are rotten.

Oh.....and comparing receivers would be even MORE fruitless (pun intended).
    I wish Favre had Matt Birk! HAHAHAHA

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910