Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tarkenton: Unleash Ponder against Texans

great d today
    wow
    None

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Does Fran not want AD to break the record? I seriously think this guy is getting senile. We don't need to unleash Ponder to see what he's capable of.
    Actually, what he said makes a lot of sense.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Does Fran not want AD to break the record? I seriously think this guy is getting senile. We don't need to unleash Ponder to see what he's capable of.

I'm sure Fran does want to see AD break the record, but we aren't playing the Texans just to break a record. First & foremost we are play the game to win it whatever way we can.

If he breaks the record during the last two games that's great, but we shouldn't be making our game plan just so it caters to AD breaking it.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-24-2012 at 07:24 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I'm sure Fran does want to see Ponder break the record, but we aren't playing the Texans just to break a record. First & foremost we are play the game to win it whatever way we can.

If he breaks the record during the last two games that's great, but we shouldn't be making our game plan just so it caters to AD breaking it.
    What record is Ponder chasing?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    What record is Ponder chasing?
    LOL! That was definitely a brain fart. I meant AD of course.

It's hard to talk about Ponder setting records when in the last 9 games, he's averaged 140 passing yards/game & AD averaged 155 rushing yards/game.
    Last edited by singersp; 12-24-2012 at 07:35 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    He's probably right, but I would expect an offensive game plan very similar to St. Louis. Run heavy with a little passing thrown in. The difference in this game most likely will be whether or not Ponder can connect on a few more passes without creating any turnovers.

Houston is a much better team all around, but they have not been playing that strong as of late and Schaub still hasn't proven he can deliver when needed. Keep the pressure on Schaub, limit mistakes, heavy doses of AD, yada yada yada. Nothing real earth shattering with what to expect from the Vikings, mostly just about how much energy and intensity they bring on Sunday.
    Looks like you were spot on with this one my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Did you even listen to what he said?

"I believe in my heart of hearts that AD will break the record".....

He also went into great depth about Houston being 5th against the run and our offense looks like a grade school passing attack.

Has nothing to do with AD not breaking the record and everything to do with our play calling in the passing game.

On a side note, doubt you listened to it, but did you hear him talk about MVP and Wilson being included?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    Actually, what he said makes a lot of sense.
    I agree, If you don't agree with what Fran said, you didn't listen to him is all I can say, orrrrrrr, your skewed from your hate because a VIKINGS HOF QB bashed a PUKER HOF QB.

Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Tark is an idiot. I have no respect for him after his Favre jealousy. The training wheels were off. He threw 2 picks in the red zone and lost the Packers game. Now the wheels are on.
    Figures.....

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Unleash Ponder?

A little late Fran, he just got married.

Also, what are they going to unleash....a salvo of pick six's?

Sorry, feeling very sarcastic.
    LOL, I love sarcasm my friend. Well played.

On a side note: He's only thrown one pick since the GB game. Lets hope that continues this weekend.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast