Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tarkenton: Unleash Ponder against Texans

Fran Tarkenton to Vikings: Unleash Christian Ponder against Texans

Fran Tarkenton to Vikings: Unleash Christian Ponder against Texans - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Could be a scary proposition. Yes, we need to see more from Ponder, but we don't need the turnovers that may come with it. If AD is running wild, I would be just as happy contronling the clock and running the rock, resting our D and moving the chains.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    If the Vikings play strong defense and get another big game from Peterson, then they have a chance. But I really think that to win this game, the Vikings must take the training wheels off the offense. They must expand the offense -- it's now or never for the passing game. Leslie Frazier and Bill Musgrave must get more out of Christian Ponder than they have asked from for most of the later part of this season. Ponder doesn't have to be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but he must throw the ball effectively to attack the defense. The tools are there; it's time to show them.

Let's not kid ourselves; this is not a great Vikings team. The Vikings are missing a lot of pieces, which is why everyone before the season said they were still at least another year from contention. But it's Week 16, and here we are -- in position to make a run at the playoffs, anyway. It doesn't matter what a team is supposed to do; what matters is what it actually does. The Vikings have a chance if they play with tremendous energy and fight for a full four quarters.
    He's probably right, but I would expect an offensive game plan very similar to St. Louis. Run heavy with a little passing thrown in. The difference in this game most likely will be whether or not Ponder can connect on a few more passes without creating any turnovers.

Houston is a much better team all around, but they have not been playing that strong as of late and Schaub still hasn't proven he can deliver when needed. Keep the pressure on Schaub, limit mistakes, heavy doses of AD, yada yada yada. Nothing real earth shattering with what to expect from the Vikings, mostly just about how much energy and intensity they bring on Sunday.

Unleash Ponder?

A little late Fran, he just got married.

Also, what are they going to unleash....a salvo of pick six's?

Sorry, feeling very sarcastic.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Tarkenton: Unleash Ponder against Texans

Tark is an idiot. I have no respect for him after his Favre jealousy. The training wheels were off. He threw 2 picks in the red zone and lost the Packers game. Now the wheels are on.
    Last edited by marstc09; 12-19-2012 at 08:53 PM.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by marstc09 View Post
    Tark is an idiot. I have no respect for him after his Favre jealousy. The training wheels were off. He threw 2 picks in the red zone and lost the Packers game. Now the wheels are on.
    Ya , the game has passed Fran by. He talks from his experiences in the league which are ancient especially in todays game. We take the leash off Ponder and we get BLOWN OUT. He is being handcuffed for a reason. HE CAN'T PLAY, AND THE COACHES KNOW IT. It's Adrian and hope he can break some long runs and the defense can cause some turnonvers hopefully for scores like they have been doing; It's our ONLY CHANCE. Ponder won't be the one winning this game. He can only lose it if they UNLEASH HIM

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    "Unleash" may be too strong a word. It implies something is being held back.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Fran Tarkenton: Vikings' 'kindergarten-type passing attack' can't continue (w/ video)

Fran Tarkenton: Vikings' 'kindergarten-type passing attack' can't continue (w/ video) - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Does Fran not want AD to break the record? I seriously think this guy is getting senile. We don't need to unleash Ponder to see what he's capable of.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    They did. It worked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast