Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    LaBonBon is offline Rookie

Re:Tarkenton Speaks

jmcdon00 wrote:

. . . I don't think his hate of Favre has anything to do with bitterness or jealousy . . .
    With all due respect, I do believe it is jealousy--just not the way you are thinking about it. This season I have noticed that most of the retired players/turned broadcasters have been snipey and mean-spirited about Brett. I firmly believe it's because they miss playing and eveything that goes with it. Bradshaw has four rings. No one will probably ever beat that--BUT--he's finished playing. Remember the Vikes-Dallas playoff game. I have a ton of pictures from the game and the mayhem that followed. Can you imagine what it felt like to be Brett Favre at that moment? Can you just imagine the high you get from that sort of achievement and adulation?! It's something most of us mere mortals will never know--BUT the former players--especially the QBs who get most of the attention--know well and, I believe, miss. It's not a jealousy over achievement per se but an envy over not being part of the game. Nothing that ever follows in their lives will replace that sort of high.

P.S. Two weeks ago I heard Bradshaw say he quit because he got hurt. He would have gone longer if his body had held up.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

1hotchev wrote:
    I realize Fran has become old uncle smedly, the old coot says things now and then that are off. way off... But he was the greatest Q.B the Vikings have ever had, before you all praise Farve, and you have, he played 1 year for the vikes, he will go to the hall in green. the season is over.... I wonder what Fran the scram would have done on that play. run or pass?
    Actually Favre will go into the HOF as a Falcon, Packer, Jet, and Viking. You don't go into the HOF for just one team you played on. Who gives a crap what Fran would have done on the last play.

dfosterf is offline Coach

It took all these years for you guys to catch up with me.

I hated that SOB when he played.

If I were a Viking fan, I would at least strongly consider that aspect when you go to grab the pitchfork, tar and feathers.

:P

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I will forever remember the PLAYER, Fran Tarkenton...him I liked.

But his post football record isn't exactly one to be admired. He should just shut up and go away. As a fan, I no longer give a rip about what he has to say about ANYTHING, and consider his opinion less valid than that of VikingsTW.

Caine

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Caine wrote:

But his post football record isn't exactly one to be admired. He should just shut up and go away. As a fan, I no longer give a rip about what he has to say about ANYTHING, and consider his opinion less valid than that of VikingsTW.

Caine
    I saw Tarkenton walking the streets of Atlanta with a pumpkin on his head.....could it be???
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine
    I saw Tarkenton walking the streets of Atlanta with a pumpkin on his head.....could it be???
    LOL. Tark was one of my favorite players as a kid. I do not like the guy that for the last two years opened his mouth and put his foot in it. He needs to just shut up and slither back in his corner. For a guy that bitched his entire career and whined his way out of two cities he is really one to talk about a guy that has started 300+ straight games and played oft while injured.

How about this? Favre is better that Tarkenton. How is that you old geezer?

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

V4L wrote:
    Freya wrote:
    He thinks we have a "great" offensive line?!?!? LMAO

No kidding lol

Only one played above average.. And even then Hutch really didn't have his best year.. Arguabley his worst

Mac.. Made the probowl.. But didn't he give up like 8 sacks? Get benched.. Etc..

Others.. Well they are all young and it showed

And he thinks our D-line is great.. Not quite.. Very inconsistant.. And K-will went completely silent the second half of the year
    Just shows how much he really watches the Vikings. Yeah a real team guy!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234