Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    LaBonBon is offline Rookie

Re:Tarkenton Speaks

1hotchev wrote:
    I realize Fran has become old uncle smedly, the old coot says things now and then that are off. way off... But he was the greatest Q.B the Vikings have ever had, before you all praise Farve, and you have, he played 1 year for the vikes, he will go to the hall in green. the season is over.... I wonder what Fran the scram would have done on that play. run or pass?
    With all due respect, 1hotchev, Tarkenton had THREE Super Bowl chances.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" --Ben Franklin

Freya is offline Team Alumni

He thinks we have a "great" offensive line?!?!? LMAO

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Freya wrote:
    He thinks we have a "great" offensive line?!?!? LMAO

No kidding lol

Only one played above average.. And even then Hutch really didn't have his best year.. Arguabley his worst

Mac.. Made the probowl.. But didn't he give up like 8 sacks? Get benched.. Etc..

Others.. Well they are all young and it showed

And he thinks our D-line is great.. Not quite.. Very inconsistant.. And K-will went completely silent the second half of the year

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Meh, everyone is entitled to there opinion. Just because it's different than mine doesn't mean I hate the guy.

If you hate every idiot that puts his foot in his mouth your not going to like many people on PPO.

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Meh, everyone is entitled to there opinion. Just because it's different than mine doesn't mean I hate the guy.

If you hate every idiot that puts his foot in his mouth your not going to like many people on PPO.
    I agree that he has a right to his own opinion ... and I would say that most of us do not "hate" the guy.

But it is hard to argue against this making him look jealous and pathetic.
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

jmcdon00 wrote:

Fran had 3 choices.

1. Melt into the background, like he had, since leaving the Vikings all those years ago, and keeping his mouth shut.

2. Being gracious, supportive, and showing class.

3. Being critical and sounding bitter, jealous, and non supportive.

Chosing number three is not likely to endear him to many Vikings fans.

It's not hate.

It's just sad.

Who tarnished their legacy this year?

Favre or Tarkenton?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

LaBonBon is offline Rookie

jargomcfargo wrote:
    Fran had 3 choices.

1. Melt into the background, like he had, since leaving the Vikings all those years ago, and keeping his mouth shut.

It's not hate.

It's just sad.

Favre or Tarkenton?
    jargomcfargo, you make an excellent point. In the world of politics/government there is an unwritten rule that dictates former presidents do NOT criticize sitting presidents. To do so is considered unprofessional and unseemly. This same code of ethics should apply to NFL elite quarterbacks.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

jargomcfargo wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

Fran had 3 choices.

It's not hate.

It's just sad.

Favre or Tarkenton?
    I don't think his hate of Favre has anything to do with bitterness or jealousy. I think he hated Favre because he was a packer. Unlike most of us he's a stubborn old man who will never change his mind.

6 months ago, and the decade previous, most vikings fans would have said the same things about Favre.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

I really think that a guy who failed 3 times at winning a super bowl has no place to talk about a QB choking. Lest he be reminded that Favre has more rings than he.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

1hotchev wrote:
    I realize Fran has become old uncle smedly, the old coot says things now and then that are off. way off... But he was the greatest Q.B the Vikings have ever had, before you all praise Farve, and you have, he played 1 year for the vikes, he will go to the hall in green. the season is over.... I wonder what Fran the scram would have done on that play. run or pass?
    for the nine hundredth time this isn't baseball. You don't go into the hall as a member of a certain team, you go as a player. Favre will go in as a Packer, Jet, Viking and even a falcon,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast