Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. #11
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    Oh no doubt he is good.. But also losing 6 fumbles is not good

  2. #12
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    Classless douche with a personal agenda.

    I have his jersey. Doubt I will wear it again.

    Fran you are no longer the best QB to ever play for the Vikings.

    Get over it and stop acting like a loser.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  3. #13
    KevinK is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    299

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Classless douche with a personal agenda.

    I have his jersey. Doubt I will wear it again.

    Fran you are no longer the best QB to ever play for the Vikings.

    Get over it and stop acting like a loser.
    Im gonna just say +1. You couldnt have nailed it any better...

  4. #14
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    ...On how it seems that Tarkenton often criticizes Favre's abilities: "No, I think he has been a great, great player. But I'm not a great fan of Brett Favre's because he goes out and all I heard them talk about is Brett Favre and he is tough, he is getting hit. You know, Peyton Manning gets hit. I have played with a torn ACL. Donovan McNabb gets hit. We all get hit, but he is flopping around and jumping around and he is getting hit and he talks in the soft voice.
    I saw every game you played in Fran, and I never saw a game where you had the grit and fortitude that Favre had in the NFCCG this year. I don't recall him whining after the illegal hit. I recall him getting helped off the field, taped up, and coming back onto the field to play. A Warrior. A guy that has started the most consecutive games in the NFL, a pussy does not do that. They play through injuries and lead.

    ..I would rather it be about the team and not Brett Favre. But I get the idea that it is more about Brett Favre than the team. A quarterback is to make his teammates better, but (he is) not about that. Now as a player, he has been a great player. No question about it. Also, great players, my gosh, I have never seen great quarterbacks make that many bad plays in a critical moment in a playoff game."...
    He's not? There were direct quotes this season from Sullivan, Harvin, Rice, Shiancoe, etc. that flat out said that he was mentoring and made them rise to the next level.

    There is a distinct difference between the media licking Favre's taint and how Favre handled himself on the team and as a leader in the locker room and on the field. In a recent interview the players were quoted as saying that Favre earned the respect of the team, it wasn't just presented to him.

    ...On whether Favre will return next season: "He's going to come back and play. He's theater. He's dramatic. He's going to tell this guy, 'I'm not playing.' ... But here's what he won't do. He won't go to any offseason programs. He won't go to training camp. Let's look at the difference. Here's Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning's all about his team. Peyton Manning, he's helping to put in the offense. He's there in the offseason. He's working with those young receivers. Pierre Garcon and the other kid, I can't even think of his name ... (Austin Collie). He loses Marvin Harrison. He loses (Anthony) Gonzalez before the season started. ... Peyton works with these guys in offseason programs in Indianapolis, and he's teaching them how to play offensive receiver because that's what quarterbacks (should do). Brett didn't do that last year. He won't do it this year."...
    Again, the media brings it up all the time. If you break down the actual waffling that he does that isn't blown up by the media it's a different story.

    I wish he would go to camp too and teach the young'uns. Guess what, he did teach them regardless of going to camp. Sometimes when you want one of the best you have to suffer through their idiosyncrasies. That's part of life, you don't have to agree with it.

    ...More on whether Favre will return: "He'll be back there. Keep in mind, how did Minnesota do last year? They won the division championship. They went to the playoffs. (Philadelphia) beat them, but they went to the playoffs. So Brett Favre goes in there. This team, I think they have the best personnel in football. They defend the run better than anybody for three straight years. They rush the passer; they're the leading pass-rush team in football. They've got two of the best running backs in football. They've got one of the great offensive lines in football. And last year with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson, whatever his name is, they won the division and they went to the playoffs. Green Bay went to the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers. Last year Favre played with the Jets. They didn't make the playoffs, did they?"

    On Favre lifting the Jets to playoff contention: "The same squad? The same players go to the championship game with a rookie quarterback that led the league in interceptions."
    Yes, they did go to the playoffs with two hacks at QB, nobody denies that. We'll never know how far the Vikings would have gone with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels at the helm this year. But, I'm willing to bet that the season would not have been one of the most entertaining seasons ever to see the Vikings play. The guy that took Fran Tarkenton back onto the Vikings squad from the Jints said it himself, "to be a good coach you need a darn good QB, an understanding wife, and a good dog." My guess is that Tarvaris Jackson nor Sage Rosenfels fit the bill for a 'darned good QB' and it was readily apparent to everyone, not just you Fran, that the Vikings were a damn good team going into the '09 season, good enough to lure in a darn good QB for a last chance at glory.

    ...On the possibility of the Vikings acquiring Donovan McNabb: "I've heard the same rumor you (have) that if Favre doesn't come back because of (Brad) Childress that he would try to trade for Donovan McNabb. It probably would be a good thing for Childress to do if he could. And Donovan may like to have a change of scenery with a team that good. If you're a quarterback, you just want to be on a team that has a chance. ... Minnesota's in a much easier division than Philadelphia."
    Pour on the hate Fran. Face it, you didn't make a lot of coin when you were the man at MN and you resort to degrading a QB that plays in your old slot. Pour on the love for McNabb, talk about a guy that chokes in the big games, holy shit, what a hypocrite you are Fran. You are one of the reasons I really got hooked on the Vikings and the NFL and now you sound like a bumbling idiot. Lucky for you they are starting to recognize the long-term effects on concussions. Maybe you can get a settlement and rot in Georgia with Ron Mexico.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  5. #15
    LaBonBon's Avatar
    LaBonBon is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    81

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    Prophet wrote:
    ...On how it seems that Tarkenton often criticizes Favre's abilities: "No, I think he has been a great, great player. But I'm not a great fan of Brett Favre's because he goes out and all I heard them talk about is Brett Favre and he is tough, he is getting hit. You know, Peyton Manning gets hit. I have played with a torn ACL. Donovan McNabb gets hit. We all get hit, but he is flopping around and jumping around and he is getting hit and he talks in the soft voice.
    I saw every game you played in Fran, and I never saw a game where you had the grit and fortitude that Favre had in the NFCCG this year. I don't recall him whining after the illegal hit. I recall him getting helped off the field, taped up, and coming back onto the field to play. A Warrior. A guy that has started the most consecutive games in the NFL, a pussy does not do that. They play through injuries and lead.

    ..I would rather it be about the team and not Brett Favre. But I get the idea that it is more about Brett Favre than the team. A quarterback is to make his teammates better, but (he is) not about that. Now as a player, he has been a great player. No question about it. Also, great players, my gosh, I have never seen great quarterbacks make that many bad plays in a critical moment in a playoff game."...
    He's not? There were direct quotes this season from Sullivan, Harvin, Rice, Shiancoe, etc. that flat out said that he was mentoring and made them rise to the next level.

    There is a distinct difference between the media licking Favre's taint and how Favre handled himself on the team and as a leader in the locker room and on the field. In a recent interview the players were quoted as saying that Favre earned the respect of the team, it wasn't just presented to him.

    ...On whether Favre will return next season: "He's going to come back and play. He's theater. He's dramatic. He's going to tell this guy, 'I'm not playing.' ... But here's what he won't do. He won't go to any offseason programs. He won't go to training camp. Let's look at the difference. Here's Peyton Manning. Peyton Manning's all about his team. Peyton Manning, he's helping to put in the offense. He's there in the offseason. He's working with those young receivers. Pierre Garcon and the other kid, I can't even think of his name ... (Austin Collie). He loses Marvin Harrison. He loses (Anthony) Gonzalez before the season started. ... Peyton works with these guys in offseason programs in Indianapolis, and he's teaching them how to play offensive receiver because that's what quarterbacks (should do). Brett didn't do that last year. He won't do it this year."...
    Again, the media brings it up all the time. If you break down the actual waffling that he does that isn't blown up by the media it's a different story.

    I wish he would go to camp too and teach the young'uns. Guess what, he did teach them regardless of going to camp. Sometimes when you want one of the best you have to suffer through their idiosyncrasies. That's part of life, you don't have to agree with it.

    ...More on whether Favre will return: "He'll be back there. Keep in mind, how did Minnesota do last year? They won the division championship. They went to the playoffs. (Philadelphia) beat them, but they went to the playoffs. So Brett Favre goes in there. This team, I think they have the best personnel in football. They defend the run better than anybody for three straight years. They rush the passer; they're the leading pass-rush team in football. They've got two of the best running backs in football. They've got one of the great offensive lines in football. And last year with Gus Frerotte and Tarvaris Jackson, whatever his name is, they won the division and they went to the playoffs. Green Bay went to the playoffs with Aaron Rodgers. Last year Favre played with the Jets. They didn't make the playoffs, did they?"

    On Favre lifting the Jets to playoff contention: "The same squad? The same players go to the championship game with a rookie quarterback that led the league in interceptions."
    Yes, they did go to the playoffs with two hacks at QB, nobody denies that. We'll never know how far the Vikings would have gone with Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels at the helm this year. But, I'm willing to bet that the season would not have been one of the most entertaining seasons ever to see the Vikings play. The guy that took Fran Tarkenton back onto the Vikings squad from the Jints said it himself, "to be a good coach you need a darn good QB, an understanding wife, and a good dog." My guess is that Tarvaris Jackson nor Sage Rosenfels fit the bill for a 'darned good QB' and it was readily apparent to everyone, not just you Fran, that the Vikings were a damn good team going into the '09 season, good enough to lure in a darn good QB for a last chance at glory.

    ...On the possibility of the Vikings acquiring Donovan McNabb: "I've heard the same rumor you (have) that if Favre doesn't come back because of (Brad) Childress that he would try to trade for Donovan McNabb. It probably would be a good thing for Childress to do if he could. And Donovan may like to have a change of scenery with a team that good. If you're a quarterback, you just want to be on a team that has a chance. ... Minnesota's in a much easier division than Philadelphia."
    Pour on the hate Fran. Face it, you didn't make a lot of coin when you were the man at MN and you resort to degrading a QB that plays in your old slot. Pour on the love for McNabb, talk about a guy that chokes in the big games, holy shit, what a hypocrite you are Fran. You are one of the reasons I really got hooked on the Vikings and the NFL and now you sound like a bumbling idiot. Lucky for you they are starting to recognize the long-term effects on concussions. Maybe you can get a settlement and rot in Georgia with Ron Mexico.
    WOW!!! What an incredible response!

  6. #16
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    Can't believe I used to look up to Fran The Man as my hero....Now all he is,is a ZERO... :laugh:


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  7. #17
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    NordicNed wrote:
    Can't believe I used to look up to Fran The Man as my hero....Now all he is,is a ZERO... :laugh:

    He's a mental midget, none of us will ever look up to him again.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  8. #18
    Purplefeet's Avatar
    Purplefeet is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    48

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    Great knowing that even after Favre proved Fran wrong with a great season (better than Tarkenton's MVP season by far)old #10 was still wanting the Vikings to lose so he could run his mouth and say I told you so.

    Shows right there Fran who the real team player is, who the selfish one is. After your comments this year you shouldn't consider yourself a Viking anymore but a bitter and sad old man that thinks far too much of himself. Do yourself a favor and shut you mouth.

  9. #19
    1hotchev is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    I realize Fran has become old uncle smedly, the old coot says things now and then that are off. way off... But he was the greatest Q.B the Vikings have ever had, before you all praise Farve, and you have, he played 1 year for the vikes, he will go to the hall in green. the season is over.... I wonder what Fran the scram would have done on that play. run or pass?

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    191

    Re:Tarkenton Speaks

    It is just sad how pathetic Tarkenton has looked in discussing Favre this season.

    Tark was always about himself ... that is why he and Grant butted heads and he got run out of town the first time. He then whined his way back in, and simply never got the job done.

    He sounds jaded and jealous every time he touches on this subject and it is really sad. This is a guy who should still be one of the faces of this team and he has been a recluse since retiring. Now he wants to act like he is still a part of the Vikings?

    Just makes me shake my head. Seriously Fran ... it is time to move on. No matter how much you bag on Favre and love McNabb ... nothing will change the fact that Favre has more Super Bowl rings than Tark and McNabb combined.
    None

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Congratz V4L on the Tarkenton (10) G!!!!!!!!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM
  2. Tarkenton or Farve?
    By Tom2Bucs in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 07:00 AM
  3. Tarkenton Jersey
    By Ltrey33 in forum Tix & Such
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 09:02 AM
  4. Tarkenton Video
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 02:14 AM
  5. Tarkenton "G"
    By CrazyVikingsFan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 07-06-2006, 01:27 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •