Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Tapeh released

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tapeh released

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I think Marrdro is the only one that trusts Chilly and the FO. Sorry bud I had to do it.
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.
    I haven't given any sort of booming trust for either one of late.
    Go dig through my limited posts.
    I have only pointed out who is responsible for what.

As to Tapeh, I kindof liked the move at the time and really thought he was gonna be a upgrade and am a bit mystified over this recent turn of events.

Obviously the FO (Which includes the medical staff that guessed right on AD) got this one wrong. Makes one wonder what kindof screening they actually did on the guy.

By the way, I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this by the way, however, Tahi has been on the field when we actually do use a FB but the FB's role in this scheme is (much like the rest of the NFL) diminishing as the H-back kindof sets become more prevalent.

Af for all you T-rich crotchsniffers.......Have you checked out his stats/role/participation in the Jets offensive scheme this year?
    He has stayed healthy this year but is seldom used.
    Oh Marr,

This is all part of your "out with the old, in with the new campaign." It's all fine and dandy if you ignore the risk of letting a proven vet go and replacing him with youth. There is always risk associated with that. In this scenario, it failed.

Tahi has sucked. Watch him try to lead block next time. He misses or gets blown up. Catching out of the backfield he doesn't do anything that TRich or Sauce can't do. How many times did we replace TRich with Tahi, because of different skill sets? Very few. Tahi only saw time when Richardson was injured.

The scheme really doesn't matter here, nor does the type of FB. Richardson to Tapeh/Tahi was a severe downgrade. To deny that and say "we wouldn't be using TRich anyways" is a complete lie. Richardson was used often in our scheme and was great when he was used. We let him walk purely because we thought we could get a younger, long term solution. In fact Tapeh's only plus over Richardson was age.

Now obviously no one could have foreseen this, but Tapeh was McMullen like (much worse actually) in his Viking Career. The best option now IMO is to completely abandon FB, or maybe put Sauce there. My thoughts this season have been that we have missed TRich this year.
    Either way we are clearly worse off than Mr. Tony Richardson.

For those who find FB unimportant, I cannot agree more, especially in our offense. Against 8 in the box you need a lead blocker to establish the point of attack. Pounding the ball down the middle sets up big runs, and the FB block is always an important one. I'm sure we could look at some of AD's long runs and find an FB in there. Goalling scenarios are also very important. Tahi as lead blocker during 3rd and goal from the 1? LMAO.
    Bit of crow to eat here. Our run game was great and no FB to be seen, even on goalline downs, where we used AD as a decoy once to get the CT TD. I wasn't totally wrong because a suggested ditching the FB all together, and TRich has been unreplaceable, but I was wrong. Still, I'm happy with the results.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I think Marrdro is the only one that trusts Chilly and the FO. Sorry bud I had to do it.
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.
    I haven't given any sort of booming trust for either one of late.
    Go dig through my limited posts.
    I have only pointed out who is responsible for what.

As to Tapeh, I kindof liked the move at the time and really thought he was gonna be a upgrade and am a bit mystified over this recent turn of events.

Obviously the FO (Which includes the medical staff that guessed right on AD) got this one wrong. Makes one wonder what kindof screening they actually did on the guy.

By the way, I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this by the way, however, Tahi has been on the field when we actually do use a FB but the FB's role in this scheme is (much like the rest of the NFL) diminishing as the H-back kindof sets become more prevalent.

Af for all you T-rich crotchsniffers.......Have you checked out his stats/role/participation in the Jets offensive scheme this year?
    He has stayed healthy this year but is seldom used.
    Oh Marr,

This is all part of your "out with the old, in with the new campaign." It's all fine and dandy if you ignore the risk of letting a proven vet go and replacing him with youth. There is always risk associated with that. In this scenario, it failed.

Tahi has sucked. Watch him try to lead block next time. He misses or gets blown up. Catching out of the backfield he doesn't do anything that TRich or Sauce can't do. How many times did we replace TRich with Tahi, because of different skill sets? Very few. Tahi only saw time when Richardson was injured.

The scheme really doesn't matter here, nor does the type of FB. Richardson to Tapeh/Tahi was a severe downgrade. To deny that and say "we wouldn't be using TRich anyways" is a complete lie. Richardson was used often in our scheme and was great when he was used. We let him walk purely because we thought we could get a younger, long term solution. In fact Tapeh's only plus over Richardson was age.

Now obviously no one could have foreseen this, but Tapeh was McMullen like (much worse actually) in his Viking Career. The best option now IMO is to completely abandon FB, or maybe put Sauce there. My thoughts this season have been that we have missed TRich this year.
    Either way we are clearly worse off than Mr. Tony Richardson.

For those who find FB unimportant, I cannot agree more, especially in our offense. Against 8 in the box you need a lead blocker to establish the point of attack. Pounding the ball down the middle sets up big runs, and the FB block is always an important one. I'm sure we could look at some of AD's long runs and find an FB in there. Goalling scenarios are also very important. Tahi as lead blocker during 3rd and goal from the 1? LMAO.
    Bit of crow to eat here. Our run game was great and no FB to be seen, even on goalline downs, where we used AD as a decoy once to get the CT TD. I wasn't totally wrong because a suggested ditching the FB all together, and TRich has been unreplaceable, but I was wrong. Still, I'm happy with the results.
    A Vikings fan called in to the Sirius show yesterday (I swear it was BleedingPandG) and he asked a question
    about the Chiller looking confused.

Anyway, long story short, they got down into the weeds a bit and mentioned that we need to go away from the FB a bit more and use 2 TE's instead of a FB in certain situations as it would cause the D more to worry about.

Made sense to me.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

"marstc09" wrote:
    Actually the Superstar and Dubay were talking about this Sunday. Petersons big runs last year were in a single back set. Which leads me to believe that the OL sucks this year. I think Birk and Hutch are solid but the rest are garbage.
    Tony Richardson was often used as the H-Back in the Ace.
    He was often set left.
    Sure, it was a single back formation, but the FB was still in the game.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789