Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tapeh released

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tapeh released

Our FB has gone from elite to so bad that we shouldn't even use one anymore.

All parties involved lost here.

It is my tendency to appoint blame. Chilldress and the front office get all blame here. We should never have let Richardson walk in the first place.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    Sure am glad we let Tony Richardson go.
    so where are those 'cats' who were saying Tapeh was a better option since he will be a long term solution, and Richardson would be good for one or maybe two years....?
    I'd love to hear their input on that one.
    I wouldn't call anyone out for that. Tapeh lied about an injury. Well, "withheld information," perhaps is a nicer way to put it. Richardson is up there in years, and Tapeh would have been a good long term option. But we still never should have let a pro-bowl fullback go when he's leading for one of the best running backs in football.
    +1 all the way.
    Exactly, its not like Tapeh didn't have talent and versatility.
    This is just extremely disappointing though, and i have to believe that there is more to this story.
    My questions revolve around:

1. Did we give him a physical?
    2. If so, how did our assessment of him not reveal a recent surgery?
    3. if this was such a minor scope (the procedure itself) that they could did not notice he had surgery, how is he still not ready to play ball 6 weeks into the season?
    FFS there is a college QB that had his knee scoped and he played two weeks later. (Please don't go into the details of knee surgeries.
    I have have orthoscopic, recontructive and microfracture).
    4. Did Tapeh develop some sort of infection in his knee and that is why he can't participate now? Can he not phyically play currently?
    5. or has Tapeh been languishing on the bench out of punishment for not reporting the surgery while they have quietly working out a settlement for him to repay some bonus money before they cut him?
    6. if so, i call BS. tahi sucks and Tapeh could have helped this team.
    Was there no reconciliation to be had here?

Why have we not benched Tahi and plugged the Sauce yet?

Again, this may be my biggest disappointment of the season.
    my point was more directed to the many comments along the lines of "the coaches know what they're doing"
    "they wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think he would be an upgrade"
    "trust the FO"
    So far all the coaches and FO have done is bring in useless players from philly who don't last a season, bring in mediocre talent, (who can't stay on the field btw) instead of going after big name players because "Chilly had a bad experience with TO"
    putting all his eggs in the TJ basket, amongst others.

At some point you have to realize when all you do is sign nobody's to your team, your team becomes a nobody.
    SOMETIMES, you find a hidden gem that just hasn't gotten a chance to shine, but more often then not, those players who aren't starting, don't for a reason.
    Tapeh is one of them.
    How can you honestly say he'd be an improvement for us and would be along term solution when a) he was injured, (doesn't sound like someone who'll be around long term)
    b) hasn't had much chance to perform, and noone paid any attention to him in philly, so you can't assess his play.
    So i ask you, Why do you think he would have been better than Richardson?

Keep in mind Peterson said himself, the one player out there who helped him the most was Richardson.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=The Dropper link=topic=48598.msg853541#msg853541 date=1224179221]
    Sure am glad we let Tony Richardson go.
    so where are those 'cats' who were saying Tapeh was a better option since he will be a long term solution, and Richardson would be good for one or maybe two years....?
    I'd love to hear their input on that one.
    I wouldn't call anyone out for that. Tapeh lied about an injury. Well, "withheld information," perhaps is a nicer way to put it. Richardson is up there in years, and Tapeh would have been a good long term option. But we still never should have let a pro-bowl fullback go when he's leading for one of the best running backs in football.
    +1 all the way.
    Exactly, its not like Tapeh didn't have talent and versatility.
    This is just extremely disappointing though, and i have to believe that there is more to this story.
    My questions revolve around:

1. Did we give him a physical?
    2. If so, how did our assessment of him not reveal a recent surgery?
    3. if this was such a minor scope (the procedure itself) that they could did not notice he had surgery, how is he still not ready to play ball 6 weeks into the season?
    FFS there is a college QB that had his knee scoped and he played two weeks later. (Please don't go into the details of knee surgeries.
    I have have orthoscopic, recontructive and microfracture).
    4. Did Tapeh develop some sort of infection in his knee and that is why he can't participate now? Can he not phyically play currently?
    5. or has Tapeh been languishing on the bench out of punishment for not reporting the surgery while they have quietly working out a settlement for him to repay some bonus money before they cut him?
    6. if so, i call BS. tahi sucks and Tapeh could have helped this team.
    Was there no reconciliation to be had here?

Why have we not benched Tahi and plugged the Sauce yet?

Again, this may be my biggest disappointment of the season.
    my point was more directed to the many comments along the lines of "the coaches know what they're doing"
    "they wouldn't have brought him in if they didn't think he would be an upgrade"
    "trust the FO"

So far all the coaches and FO have done is bring in useless players from philly who don't last a season, bring in mediocre talent, (who can't stay on the field btw) instead of going after big name players because "Chilly had a bad experience with TO"
    putting all his eggs in the TJ basket, amongst others.

At some point you have to realize when all you do is sign nobody's to your team, your team becomes a nobody.
    SOMETIMES, you find a hidden gem that just hasn't gotten a chance to shine, but more often then not, those players who aren't starting, don't for a reason.
    Tapeh is one of them.
    How can you honestly say he'd be an improvement for us and would be along term solution when a) he was injured, (doesn't sound like someone who'll be around long term)
    b) hasn't had much chance to perform, and noone paid any attention to him in philly, so you can't assess his play.
    So i ask you, Why do you think he would have been better than Richardson?

Keep in mind Peterson said himself, the one player out there who helped him the most was Richardson.
    [/quote]

I think Marrdro is the only one that trusts Chilly and the FO. Sorry bud I had to do it.
    ;D

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"V" wrote:
    Our FB has gone from elite to so bad that we shouldn't even use one anymore.

All parties involved lost here.

It is my tendency to appoint blame. Chilldress and the front office get all blame here. We should never have let Richardson walk in the first place.
    I can totally agree with keeping Richardson.
    That guy was and still is a beast.

However I am not going to get my underwear in a bunch over cutting Tapeh.
    Did anyone here stop and think it is in the contract to release any kind of information such as surgeries?
    I would be surprised if it weren't.
    It's amazing to me how people here continue to blame the guy for every fucking thing.
    Amazing!

Hey did you know Rice had limited participation today in practice?
    That Childress' fault.
    The only "pattern" I see as CMac suggested is people continuously blaming Childress when anything goes wrong.
    I guess it is Childress' fault that Tapeh didn't follow what most likely is in his contract.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    I think Marrdro is the only one that trusts Chilly and the FO. Sorry bud I had to do it.
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.
    I haven't given any sort of booming trust for either one of late.
    Go dig through my limited posts.
    I have only pointed out who is responsible for what.

As to Tapeh, I kindof liked the move at the time and really thought he was gonna be a upgrade and am a bit mystified over this recent turn of events.

Obviously the FO (Which includes the medical staff that guessed right on AD) got this one wrong. Makes one wonder what kindof screening they actually did on the guy.

By the way, I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this by the way, however, Tahi has been on the field when we actually do use a FB but the FB's role in this scheme is (much like the rest of the NFL) diminishing as the H-back kindof sets become more prevalent.

Af for all you T-rich crotchsniffers.......Have you checked out his stats/role/participation in the Jets offensive scheme this year?
    He has stayed healthy this year but is seldom used.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.

As to Tapeh, I kindof liked the move at the time and really thought he was gonna be a upgrade and am a bit mystified over this recent turn of events.

Obviously the FO (Which includes the medical staff that guessed right on AD) got this one wrong. Makes one wonder what kindof screening they actually did on the guy.

By the way, I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this by the way, however, Tahi has been on the field when we actually do use a FB but the FB's role in this scheme is (much like the rest of the NFL) diminishing as the H-back kindof sets become more prevalent.

Af for all you T-rich crotchsniffers.......Have you checked out his stats/role/participation in the Jets offensive scheme this year?
    Have you thought maybe thats due to the scheme they run?
    I'm not too familiar with the Jets, i'm not sure what they run, but I'm guessing it doesn't involve a lot of fullbacks.

Remeber when we hired Childress first...
    One of the first moves he made was to sign that fullback from the rams.
    Makes me think that we were going to use the FB a bit.
    He's old fashioned, so he believes in running,
    (with a fullback at times) and stopping the run.
    Why do you think Richardson wouldn't be used here?
    Thats like saying that Michael Turner was no good because he wasn't used much in San Diego.
    Its not due to lack of talent, but more due to the fact their offensive philosophy didn't have a rotation at runningback.
    LT is their full-time back.

I bet if Richardson were here, he would be used just as much as last year
    (assuming he stays healthy)

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.

I'm not too familiar with the Jets, i'm not sure what they run, but I'm guessing it doesn't involve a lot of fullbacks.

Thats like saying that Michael Turner was no good because he wasn't used much in San Diego.
    Its not due to lack of talent, but more due to the fact their offensive philosophy didn't have a rotation at runningback.

Have you thought about our scheme?

Sure he brought Tony in (or at least the FO did) and then right away he (they) started signing guys like Dugan to long term contracts as well as bringing in Mills.

Seems to me that the scheme we are running here is geared more along the lines of a H-back who can block, run and most importantly, get out and catch a ball once in a while instead of the thicknecked blocking back of old.

Again, the NFL is getting away from those cats.
    Again, think about it.
    Both FB's in the Probowl from last year are pretty much a passing thought these days.
    Heck I am not even sure if Lorenzo is even on a roster.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.

Sure he brought Tony in (or at least the FO did) and then right away he (they) started signing guys like Dugan to long term contracts as well as bringing in Mills.

Seems to me that the scheme we are running here is geared more along the lines of a H-back who can block, run and most importantly, get out and catch a ball once in a while instead of the thicknecked blocking back of old.

Again, think about it.
    Both FB's in the Probowl from last year are pretty much a passing thought these days.
    Richardson is that type of player.
    He blocks very well.
    He comes out of the back field and catches passes once in a while and is pretty darn good at YAC once he catches the ball.

Lorenzo is on the Ravens roster I believe but I think he's been hurt.
    Don't hold me to this but I believe I am correct.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.

Again, think about it.
    then explain to me why they signed richardson in the first place, if we had Dugan already, had Kleinsasser, had Richard Angulo.
    Sure the NFL is getting away from those 'cats', but the NFL is also getting away from a run first offense, but we still suck at passing, and can't defend it, so that argument can't always fly.
    The NFL is also getting away from pocket passers, and starting towards guys with some mobility, does that Make Manning useless?
    hell no.

also, maybe you forgot, but Richardson does have legs, so he can get out and catch some balls if needed.
    He did a pretty good job of that in KC, and caught a few here (even though we don't really throw to RB's much at all).
    he doesn't need burning speed, just needs to get out there, and if someone ignores the RB, he'll be good for a few yards.
    Thats really all thats expected from a FB.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    ;D
    Hold on buckarooooooo.

Again, think about it.
    then explain to me why they signed richardson in the first place, if we had Dugan already, had Kleinsasser, had Richard Angulo.
    Sure the NFL is getting away from those 'cats', but the NFL is also getting away from a run first offense, but we still suck at passing, and can't defend it, so that argument can't always fly.
    The NFL is also getting away from pocket passers, and starting towards guys with some mobility, does that Make Manning useless?
    hell no.

also, maybe you forgot, but Richardson does have legs, so he can get out and catch some balls if needed.
    He did a pretty good job of that in KC, and caught a few here (even though we don't really throw to RB's much at all).
    he doesn't need burning speed, just needs to get out there, and if someone ignores the RB, he'll be good for a few yards.
    Thats really all thats expected from a FB.
    I kindof lump him in with the rest of the cats I refer to as "Bandaids".

If I read between the tea leaves I think they signed him for the following reasons.......

a.
    First focus was to get the running game going.
    This wouldn't be that easy as they had a OL that needed tweeking as they shifted to the ZB scheme.
    A good blocking FB would help keep a older, less mobile QB afoot.

b.
    He was a vet that fit the "Good Character" guy.
    Kindof a role model for the upcoming wave of youth that was coming in the next couple of years.

c.
    He didn't cost much.

Long story short, I don't think a traditional FB was ever part of the scheme.
    Again, he was a nice fit for a short term solution.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast