norsefan1 is offline Rookie

Tampa Bay Buccaneers success is due largely to...the VIKINGS !

(P.S.- earlier this week this was a letter written by me - a transplanted Minne-sotan - to my now neighbors in Tampa !)

Yes; you read it right here. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers success is due largely to MY Minny-sota Vikings !

You guys ( & girlies ) were the laughing stock of the NFL. You and your "dreamsickle" colors of orangish, red, and white...sheesh !
    With your fairy logo of "Buccanneer Brucey"
    and his "flaming feather", and cute hoopdey doo earing...man-o-live. You all should have been the Gay Bay Buccanneers, not the Tampa Bay Buccanneers...that is why I could never root for them dudes, and dudettes !

Then, you went and started it all. YOU stole who was going to be OUR Head Coach - Tony Dungy !
    Yea, read it right here; his Bio...
    http://www.answers.com/topic/tony-dungy . If your Buccaneer pewter-tinted glasses will allow you to read the details that you MAY not remember:

1. Played his College Ball, and Graduated from the University of MINNY-Sota !

2. Was Defensive Coordinator during the Playoff years for the MINNY-Sota Vikings !

A. He took what he learned in MINNY-Sota during his College years, and spent several years playing under the Head Coach that also played

AGAINST the MINNY-Sota Vikings in Super Bowl. This helped to prepare Tony Dungy to return to his HOME LAND, and be our D- Coordinator.

This is where he SHOULD have stayed...just like Forrest Gump in "Greenbow, Alabama" !
    But noooo...

3. The stinkin' BUCS had to look WAY up North in the Hinterland where I was a borned, and read our Press Clippings about this young Tony Dungy-
    http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-65914763.html . REMEMBER...he was OURS !
    Going to be OUR next head Coach.

4. But then, your new Rich Owner guy, had to go a meddlin'. Yea, he surrepticiously sent an emissary to plant the seed...

"Come to the Gulf Coast of Florida, ...with the Gulf Breezes, and the nice beaches, blah, blah, blah !!
    ( You make me sick with this drivel )
    And just like you wuz Forrest Gump later in life, and you wuz a "Gazillionaire" you BOUGHT the guy !
    Or, rather, should I SAY you STOLE the man!

5. Just like the Republicans STOLE the Elections away from Al Gore ( poor guy ) in '2000, and from the other sweet fellow John Kerry in '2004.
    MINNY-Sotans like us know this stuff all too well for the last decade or so. NOW, those Republicans are trying to steal it away from Al Franken !
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **************************

So, it's done with...1996. You put the knife in our back. The deed was done. The MAN moved down here to Tampa, Florida.
    But, YOU were not satisfied with THAT....nooooo you weren't. YOUZE GUYS stole anudder Coach right from under us ! You stole our
    Linebacker's Coach - Monte Kiffin. Yea, does that name sound familiar?? He engineered your #%(*@#%)(@& Defense for your SUPA BOWL!
    That SUPER BOWL should been ALL Purple & Gold !

Ok, let's make it simple for you since you are Tampa Bay Bucs fans...DUHHH !
    1. In 1995, and for eternity past you stunk it up like a Polecat that's cornered by a hound dog. P U !
    2. In 1996 you decided enough of that and you STOLE the 2 best Coaches from our MINNY-Sota Vikings Staff!
    3. Along with your Coaches you started picking off players from our Minny-Sota Vikings previous Playoff Roster ( Wuz GONNA be SUPA BOWL Roster !)
    - ( 1996 ) Todd Scott, then in subsequent years... ( remember these names helped get you into those early year's Playoffs...HUH??)
    - Brad Culpepper
    - Todd Washington
    ( Have you ever heard the the O-LINE is the Cornerstone of a Super Bowl TEAM? The next 6 guys )
    - Randall Mc Daniel
    - Jeff Christy
    - Tim Irwin
    - Todd Steussie
    - BRAD JOHNSON ( Winning QB in your ONLY SUPA BOWL !
    * F. Y. I.- We have BEEN there 4 X !! We ain't no ROOKIES at Super Bowls ! *
    - Chris Hovan
    ( yea, even to the Current day you hurt us )
    - Michael Bennett

Ok, even after all that is said, and done...do you know WHO you have given us in consolation after ALL of those people have blessed your Roster for a decade+, got you to the Playoff, won your 1 and ONLY Super Bowl appearance, and even kept you in the Playoffs through last year. Do you REAAALLY want to know WHO we have left TODAY to show for all of that!!?? DO YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW ??!?!! %&$*%$%&

It is our back up Defensive Tackle - ELLIS WYMS !

Now, when WE meet you guys this Sunday at 1 PM EST on YOUR HOME TURF ( I really shouldda said "Sand", this is Florida you know ! )...THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE !

You Pewter and Burgundy ( or whatever stupid color it is you say that is on that fairy flag of yours' ! )

Even though you are a Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan, EVEN though you grew up somewhere else, and should STILL 40 years later have the proper
    Allegiances to your "Home land", you cannot SAY ( you MAY be ignorant, just can't SAY you are ! ) that you are ignorant any more.
    They take our Coach, and then LEAVE the NFC North... JUST to run, and hide from us. Not THIS year !
    : )

So, NOW as my man Paul Harvey says ..." you know the REST of the story" !

P. S.- Do NOT even begin to think that I am BITTER of something like that about your stinkin' 1 SUPER BOWL WIN !
    %$(&@$%^%

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers success is due largely to...the VIKINGS !

I bet he really hates the Cowboys then.

CarolinaBlue27 is offline Waterboy

Please destroy the Bucs this weekend in Tampa. I hate the Bucs more then any other team. Go Vikings!!!

GO PANTHERS!!!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"CarolinaBlue27" wrote:
    Please destroy the Bucs this weekend in Tampa. I hate the Bucs more then any other team. Go Vikings!!!

GO PANTHERS!!!
    We've lost the last 5 in a row down there. I'm not going to be placing any large bets on this one.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

That is two franchises you have directly sent to the superbowl.. hell Dallas you set up for a decade.
    ;D

Care to deal with us Packers to the east.. wait you did give us Gilbert Brown.. an anchor for a Superbowl.. thanks.

TeamSoftware is online now Rookie

We've lost the last 5 in a row down there. I'm not going to be placing any large bets on this one.
    If we are 0-5 against Tampa in the last 5 meetings, we should win this one since this is our new status quo. Example we were 0-5 against the Packers, and won the game.

Right?

Krumb is offline Pro-Bowler

lol good read , it's going to take a hell of an effort to beat the Buc's , but the look in AD's eyes after he scored late last week makes me believe that he can hold this team on his back and do what needs to be done again , Berrian needs to have an impact too , can't get shut out again.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

he forgot the only loss on that 15-1 season came down there in tampa also!!...

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Beat the Bucs.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

norsefan1 is offline Rookie

It is a really nice day here in Sunny Tampa, Florida.

Really, I am just jealous about Tony Dungy leaving. He was the best "Coach" of any type that we have had here in the last 2 decades.

All will be forgiven IF we get to play a HOME ("NFC representative") game IN TAMPA on Feb. 1, 2009
    : )

Read- http://www.tampabaysuperbowl.com/