Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Talk about homers. 75% of Falcons fans polled think they will win Sunday

as yet I haven't stuck my neck out and put any figures down regarding this season. I reckon we have a fair chance of 9-7 and maybe even 10-6, either of which would at least put us in with the chance of a Wild Card spot.
    It may be that the team surprises not just us but the rest of the NFL as well.. we shall have to wait and see. After Sunday we will have a little more idea of what may or may not be possible this season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I get a kick out of those of you who think you have to say the Vikes will win every game this year, or your not a vikings fan. Its like talking to 12 year olds. Just because I think our head coach sucks, the right side of the line sucks, our special teams sucks, our D sucks against the pass, and we have about the greenest QB ever to play the game, doesnt mean im not as big as fan as the rest of ya. I think if people actually were putting money down on vikings wins, the bravado optimism would be in check. Has nothing at all to how much of a fan you are, its realism. On the flip side, right now no one knows what can happen. We could be in the SB.
    Your response intrigues me my friend.

Keep in my my friend that alot of my optimism is based on what we can deduce from offseason moves, OTA's and some meaningless pre-season games, however, there are indicators out there that gives one hope.

With that said, Can I get some additional info from you?

a.
    Why do you think our HC sucks?
    Is it a gut reaction or is it based on the fact they the he as well as the staff have had made what appears to be 2 good drafts, decent FA pickups and had a solid preseason.
    Not outstanding but solid mind you?
    He appears to have the team buying into his program, and has the backing of the owner as well as at least looking like he is maturing into his role as the head coach.
    b.
    Why do you thing the Right side of the OL sucks.
    Seems that they minimized thier pre-snap penalities during the preseason (when you think it would be a problem) as well as effectively protected our QB's, all the while opening several wholes for backs that got decent yardage.
    c.
    I'll give you the special teams.
    Hopefully all that crappy tackling was a result of players getting reps that aren't here anymore.
    d. Hmmm, again, the D looked pretty decent agains the pass in preseason.
    I am a little hesitant to just buy off on the fact the Ray Edwards seems to be emerging and the drafting of Robison has fixed this but it appears that our new D-coord my have a few new wrinkles that might fit our players.
    Again, what is your beef here.
    e. Green huh.
    I gotta give you that as well. Sure I don't expect the kid to be the next Steve Young at this point in his career but he did show some advancement during the offseason.
    Didn't make any dumb mistakes in the limited time he played during preseason and appears to have a pretty good understanding of a very complicated offensive scheme.

Seems to me that you are only taking into account what happened last year for your retort and might have missed what has been going on during the offseason.

Please correct me if I am wrong or missing your point my friend.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I get a kick out of those of you who think you have to say the Vikes will win every game this year, or your not a vikings fan. Its like talking to 12 year olds. Just because I think our head coach sucks, the right side of the line sucks, our special teams sucks, our D sucks against the pass, and we have about the greenest QB ever to play the game, doesnt mean im not as big as fan as the rest of ya. I think if people actually were putting money down on vikings wins, the bravado optimism would be in check. Has nothing at all to how much of a fan you are, its realism. On the flip side, right now no one knows what can happen. We could be in the SB.
    Your response intrigues me my friend.

Keep in my my friend that alot of my optimism is based on what we can deduce from offseason moves, OTA's and some meaningless pre-season games, however, there are indicators out there that gives one hope.

With that said, Can I get some additional info from you?

a.
    Why do you think our HC sucks?
    Is it a gut reaction or is it based on the fact they the he as well as the staff have had made what appears to be 2 good drafts, decent FA pickups and had a solid preseason.
    Not outstanding but solid mind you?
    He appears to have the team buying into his program, and has the backing of the owner as well as at least looking like he is maturing into his role as the head coach.
    b.
    Why do you thing the Right side of the OL sucks.
    Seems that they minimized thier pre-snap penalities during the preseason (when you think it would be a problem) as well as effectively protected our QB's, all the while opening several wholes for backs that got decent yardage.
    c.
    I'll give you the special teams.
    Hopefully all that crappy tackling was a result of players getting reps that aren't here anymore.
    d. Hmmm, again, the D looked pretty decent agains the pass in preseason.
    I am a little hesitant to just buy off on the fact the Ray Edwards seems to be emerging and the drafting of Robison has fixed this but it appears that our new D-coord my have a few new wrinkles that might fit our players.
    Again, what is your beef here.
    e. Green huh.
    I gotta give you that as well. Sure I don't expect the kid to be the next Steve Young at this point in his career but he did show some advancement during the offseason.
    Didn't make any dumb mistakes in the limited time he played during preseason and appears to have a pretty good understanding of a very complicated offensive scheme.

Seems to me that you are only taking into account what happened last year for your retort and might have missed what has been going on during the offseason.

Please correct me if I am wrong or missing your point my friend.
    :
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

TheKnuck is offline Asst. Coach

if we don't optimism coming into a new year, we have nothing.
    i'm a cubs fan for crap sakes!!!!
    optimism will get you far.
    period.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    I don't think Nodak said anything about you being less of a fan.

If we put up a poll on PPO, I don't think anyone with a straight face could say we would win all of our games.

Most of the sentiment is that we finish somewhere between 5-11 and 8-8, even with our cool Defense.
    The best record I think that I have seen predicted by "a" fan/member is 10-6.
    CC, reread my post.
    marstc09 said (jokingly) that 100% of the people on PP.O would say that we are going to win on Sunday.
    I replied (jokingly) that you and StillPurple, both of who are known critics of Childress, would say otherwise.

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    I think 100% would say that the Vikings are going to win!
    Nope.
    StillPurple and CCtheBest would say we lose.
    So 99.9%. ;D
    Nowhere in that post, nowhere, did I accuse anyone of being less of a fan.
    And nowhere did I claim or imply that the Vikings would go 16-0.
    I was referring to a specific game, and I stick to my statement.
    If a poll were put up on PP.O regarding Sunday's game, I would be surprised if you or StillPurple would vote for a Vikings win.

Bravado optimism?
    For Sunday?
    Not at all.
    I wold have no issues with putting money down on the Vikings.
    Right now in Vegas it is a pick 'em game - no spread, even though the Vikings are the favorites on the line.
    That, my friend, is a good bet.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

LOL how was i owned? Not going to turn this into a Childress bashing thread. I dont think things were addressed that should have been. Heck maybe Wade and Fergie will work out, but I would have moved heaven and earth to get a real WR here. Kinda hard tho when ya cant even have a .500 record.

My point was you can be negative, and a realist, and a fan. Putting on purple blinders doesnt make ya one.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"CCthebest" wrote:
    LOL how was i owned? Not going to turn this into a Childress bashing thread. I dont think things were addressed that should have been. Heck maybe Wade and Fergie will work out, but I would have moved heaven and earth to get a real WR here. Kinda hard tho when ya cant even have a .500 record.

My point was you can be negative, and a realist, and a fan. Putting on purple blinders doesnt make ya one.
    Honestly, I've just been waiting to use that animation. I laugh every time I watch it.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"CCthebest" wrote:

And being optimistic about actual things that have happened doesn't mean you are looking through purple blinders either.

It might mean that some improvement actually did happen.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Bravado optimism?
    For Sunday?
    Not at all.
    I wold have no issues with putting money down on the Vikings.
    Right now in Vegas it is a pick 'em game - no spread, even though the Vikings are the favorites on the line.
    That, my friend, is a good bet.
    Its actually a 3 point spread. I still think the Vikes got it covered though.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"CCthebest" wrote:

CC, what you have conveniently ignored in numerous other threads during the offseason is this same issue.
    You came in complaining and people brought up valid points about the marginal veteran receivers that were available during FA that wanted big coin.
    You complained but didn't offer any viable alternatives and then disappeared and resurfaced later in another thread a while later spouting off the same thing.
    This last offseason wasn't exactly the best situation for picking up a viable WR that didn't want more than they were worth.
    That's one of the reasons some people get distraught when you post your thoughts, you have a reptutatino of complaining, disappearing, and offering no viable alternatives.
    There's nothing wrong with critiquing the team, that was never the issue.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast