Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Talk about homers. 75% of Falcons fans polled think they will win Sunday

Can't say I'm surprised. It's the first game of the season, everyone is at 0-0 and so has every reason to be optimistic for Sunday.
    In some ways the Falcons are in a win-win position. A lot may expect the Vikes to win given the poor ofeason that the Falcons have had, so a defeat for them wouldn't be a surprise. Likewise all the off-season antics may create an 'us against them' attitude which could take them a long way.

Either way let's not underestimate what may or may not happen Sunday. Actually I'm surprised we haven't had any Falcon fans on the board yet to discuss the game or run their mouths.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    I bet a similar poll on pp.o would result in >75% saying the Vikings will win.
    Probably higher.
    Who are the real homers?
    LOL!
    Dooohhh!

Truth is, if you don't see us as equals to ATL with a minute home field advantage in a stadium that isn't sold out, then you probably are a homer.
    LOL!
    I haven't look at the line on this game yet.
    Really haven't looked at this game yet without my purple glasses until just now.
    I have just been riding the purple wave into the season opener.

IMHO, there is a difference between wanting your team to win and actually thinking they will win.
    There are a handful of teams that I would assume to lose to, Colts, Pats, NO, SD, less than 50/50 chance to me.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    If Joey Harrington was the starting quarterback for my team, I wouldn't have too optimistic of a outlook either.

Vikings take it 23-6.
    They have a very optimistic outlook though.

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

I get a kick out of those of you who think you have to say the Vikes will win every game this year, or your not a vikings fan. Its like talking to 12 year olds. Just because I think our head coach sucks, the right side of the line sucks, our special teams sucks, our D sucks against the pass, and we have about the greenest QB ever to play the game, doesnt mean im not as big as fan as the rest of ya. I think if people actually were putting money down on vikings wins, the bravado optimism would be in check. Has nothing at all to how much of a fan you are, its realism. On the flip side, right now no one knows what can happen. We could be in the SB.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

The Line is Vikings +2.5
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I get a kick out of those of you who think you have to say the Vikes will win every game this year, or your not a vikings fan. Its like talking to 12 year olds. Just because I think our head coach sucks, the right side of the line sucks, our special teams sucks, our D sucks against the pass, and we have about the greenest QB ever to play the game, doesnt mean im not as big as fan as the rest of ya. I think if people actually were putting money down on vikings wins, the bravado optimism would be in check. Has nothing at all to how much of a fan you are, its realism. On the flip side, right now no one knows what can happen. We could be in the SB.
    Usually when I say the Vikings are going to go 16-0, I'm just joking around. I'm hoping for 9-7, anything more than that would be an unexpected surprise... but a very welcome one.

I know what you mean though, its nice to have conversation with level headed people (I'm not saying I'm one of them... I think that has been established).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I don't think Nodak said anything about you being less of a fan.

If we put up a poll on PPO, I don't think anyone with a straight face could say we would win all of our games.

Most of the sentiment is that we finish somewhere between 5-11 and 8-8, even with our cool Defense.
    The best record I think that I have seen predicted by "a" fan/member is 10-6.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    The Line is Vikings +2.5
    I would take that bet anytime.
    I believe we are giving the points.

8-8
    If I say that, then we are just average.

9-7
    If I say that, then we are one above average.

Hope for one above, who wants to be average.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"snowinapril" wrote:

8-8

If I say that, then we are just average.

9-7

If I say that, then we are one above average.

Hope for one above, who wants to be average.
    I don't think that 9-7 is to far out of reality.
    Of course all the things that suck on this team could impact that a bit.

Sure hope all that sucking (Which seemed to be all last years stuff) has been overcome by good coaching, new players as well as a bit of experience that our sucky team will get over the 17 week schedule.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast