singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Tale of Two Williams

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tale of Two Williams

That article is a bunch of crap, I saw the interview that Childress gave when he made those comments and he did not seem to have any ill feelings for Pat and actually praised him a bit! And Thomlin has been happy to have him back in workouts.

This is another case of a writer trying to create news instead of reporting it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Childress used words like "chronic" and "degenerative" to describe his (Kevin Williams') knee condition.
    That doesn't sound good at all. Is there any validity to that claim?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    It was a quote from Childress.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Yeah, but we don't know what context that quote was made in. I didn't see the interview, but for all I know it could have gone like this:
    Reporter: Can you comment on Kevin's knee?
    Childress: He had some swelling. The team doctors tell me that his condition is chronic and degenerative, so it will always kinda be ther. But it should pose no real risk to his playing time this season. Or next season for the matter.

Who knows, it could have been worse. whackthepack, you said you saw the interview. Do you remember the context that quote was in? Given the fact that nobody else has picked up on it yet, I just can't get worried yet.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Yeah, but we don't know what context that quote was made in. I didn't see the interview, but for all I know it could have gone like this:
    Childress: He had some swelling. The team doctors tell me that his condition is chronic and degenerative, so it will always kinda be ther. But it should pose no real risk to his playing time this season. Or next season for the matter.

Who knows, it could have been worse. whackthepack, you said you saw the interview. Do you remember the context that quote was in? Given the fact that nobody else has picked up on it yet, I just can't get worried yet.
    It is true that reporters can spin things any way. It could have been-

Reporter: Any update on Kevin's knee?
    Childress: Looks to be fine as of now. I don't think it's a chronic or degenerative condition so it's a lot better than expected. Looks like he won't miss any time and will be good to go for the first preseason game.

:lol: The reporter will only clip out the "it's a chronic or degenerative" and take it out of context. That's why you have to look for an asterisk that says "taken in context".

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Hell, if it has always been there, it sure didn't show a couple of years ago.. I am not at all wooried about that.. I am sure he will be just fine..

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Unfortunately the part about Kevin's knee is correct, it is not taken out of context. It is the part about Childress having ill feeling towards Pat that was fabricated.

This has been a problem with Kevin since his college days and last year with the knee injury apparently has made it worse, hopefully it is something he can play with and still have a great career!

The good news is Kevin lost a bunch of weight and he looks in great shape he doesn't have the paunch he was carrying last year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.