Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Tale of Two Williams


    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    That article is a bunch of crap, I saw the interview that Childress gave when he made those comments and he did not seem to have any ill feelings for Pat and actually praised him a bit! And Thomlin has been happy to have him back in workouts.

    This is another case of a writer trying to create news instead of reporting it!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  3. #3
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    Childress used words like "chronic" and "degenerative" to describe his (Kevin Williams') knee condition.
    That doesn't sound good at all. Is there any validity to that claim?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #4
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

    I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #5
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

    I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    It was a quote from Childress.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

    I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    It was a quote from Childress.
    Yeah, but we don't know what context that quote was made in. I didn't see the interview, but for all I know it could have gone like this:
    Reporter: Can you comment on Kevin's knee?
    Childress: He had some swelling. The team doctors tell me that his condition is chronic and degenerative, so it will always kinda be ther. But it should pose no real risk to his playing time this season. Or next season for the matter.

    Who knows, it could have been worse. whackthepack, you said you saw the interview. Do you remember the context that quote was in? Given the fact that nobody else has picked up on it yet, I just can't get worried yet.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

    I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    It was a quote from Childress.
    Yeah, but we don't know what context that quote was made in. I didn't see the interview, but for all I know it could have gone like this:
    Reporter: Can you comment on Kevin's knee?
    Childress: He had some swelling. The team doctors tell me that his condition is chronic and degenerative, so it will always kinda be ther. But it should pose no real risk to his playing time this season. Or next season for the matter.

    Who knows, it could have been worse. whackthepack, you said you saw the interview. Do you remember the context that quote was in? Given the fact that nobody else has picked up on it yet, I just can't get worried yet.
    It is true that reporters can spin things any way. It could have been-

    Reporter: Any update on Kevin's knee?
    Childress: Looks to be fine as of now. I don't think it's a chronic or degenerative condition so it's a lot better than expected. Looks like he won't miss any time and will be good to go for the first preseason game.

    :lol: The reporter will only clip out the "it's a chronic or degenerative" and take it out of context. That's why you have to look for an asterisk that says "taken in context".

  8. #8
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    Hell, if it has always been there, it sure didn't show a couple of years ago.. I am not at all wooried about that.. I am sure he will be just fine..

  9. #9
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Tale of Two Williams

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I am not all that worried. A chronic and degenerative knee condition just means that it is something that will never go away, and will continue to get worse given enough time. This actually describes almost every knee condition. It may sound bad, but there is no reason to believe that Kevin will have knee problems this year, or the next, or the next, etc. It just means that someday his knee could begin to get worse. That day may come long after he is out of football.

    I agree with whackthepack, this is just an example of a reporter trying to make news where there isn't any.
    It was a quote from Childress.
    Yeah, but we don't know what context that quote was made in. I didn't see the interview, but for all I know it could have gone like this:
    Reporter: Can you comment on Kevin's knee?
    Childress: He had some swelling. The team doctors tell me that his condition is chronic and degenerative, so it will always kinda be ther. But it should pose no real risk to his playing time this season. Or next season for the matter.

    Who knows, it could have been worse. whackthepack, you said you saw the interview. Do you remember the context that quote was in? Given the fact that nobody else has picked up on it yet, I just can't get worried yet.
    Unfortunately the part about Kevin's knee is correct, it is not taken out of context. It is the part about Childress having ill feeling towards Pat that was fabricated.

    This has been a problem with Kevin since his college days and last year with the knee injury apparently has made it worse, hopefully it is something he can play with and still have a great career!

    The good news is Kevin lost a bunch of weight and he looks in great shape he doesn't have the paunch he was carrying last year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Similar Threads

  1. Happy 4/20 , A Stoner Tale from the Onion
    By jargomcfargo in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
  2. A Tale of Two Thrills
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
  3. Walkthrough: Tale of the Tackles
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 08:05 AM
  4. Edinger's Tale - Nice Read
    By Banana_Fish in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 10:25 PM
  5. Old wives tale
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2005, 07:16 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •