Thread: Take your pick

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Take your pick

After Brett Favre, Rice was probably Minnesotaís second-best offensive player. And while itís just one great season compared to Petersonís two great (Ď07 and Ď08) years and one pretty good year (Ď09), itís enough to make me wonder if Rice might eventually end up being the Vikings best draftee from 2007 Ė not A.P.
    Take your pick
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Take your pick

Nice read and can see where the author is coming from. If Favre didn't come this year then it would be interesting to see how much effect that has on Rice's figures this season. I appreciate that Rice had put in a lot of work in the offseason in order to improve his game but do wonder how much Favre contributed to that. Any other QB might not have been given the leeway that he was in order to get the ball out more than 5 yds beyond the LOS.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

AngloVike wrote:
    Nice read and can see where the author is coming from. If Favre didn't come this year then it would be interesting to see how much effect that has on Rice's figures this season. I appreciate that Rice had put in a lot of work in the offseason in order to improve his game but do wonder how much Favre contributed to that. Any other QB might not have been given the leeway that he was in order to get the ball out more than 5 yds beyond the LOS.
    I hear ya about the Noodle, but if one were to look real close, one would see that El Syd made some fantastic plays on balls that weren't really that well thrown.

That catch in the endzone were the Noodle threw it short and El Syd reached over the defender and took it away (in mid air) has to be one of the prettiest catches I've ever seen.

The "Toe Tap" on the sideline of the Panther game (I think) was another example of what the kid is made of. Even the announcers said there is no way he could make that catch while the ref had his head in the replay booth.

Again, props to the Noodle, but all of our recievers, El Syd included, made some pretty fantastic catches this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    [quote]AngloVike wrote:
    I hear ya about the Noodle, but if one were to look real close, one would see that El Syd made some fantastic plays on balls that weren't really that well thrown.

That catch in the endzone were the Noodle threw it short and El Syd reached over the defender and took it away (in mid air) has to be one of the prettiest catches I've ever seen.

The "Toe Tap" on the sideline of the Panther game (I think)quote]

I think the toe tap was in the Steelers game. unless there was another one in the panther game. I don't remember anyone making any good plays in that game.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Oh I have no doubt that Sidney contributed a lot to his improvement last season without a doubt - my worry is that he may regress if we don't have a QB that is willing/able/allowed to throw more than a dump pass when he drops back.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

uhhhh forgive my post, i am a total noob with quoting and stuff.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

AngloVike wrote:
    Oh I have no doubt that Sidney contributed a lot to his improvement last season without a doubt - my worry is that he may regress if we don't have a QB that is willing/able/allowed to throw more than a dump pass when he drops back.

qft
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    uhhhh forgive my post, i am a total noob with quoting and stuff.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!