Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JWalkRulz84 is offline Rookie

Take with a Grain of Salt

First of all, I just wanted to say hello to all of you. I have been unable to post for a little while because I had to leave my college campus due to a family emergency.

With that said, If I took over the Vikings management, I would go crazy this offseason and make some amazing moves. Remember this is just what I would do...

#1 Move - Trade Randy Moss for LaVarr Arrington AND Washington's 1st Round Draft choice.

REASONING: Moss gives this team an unecessary emotional rollercoaster at times. Sometimes Moss is that unstoppable force to be reckoned with, other times you wonder why he is even playing. Arrington gives this defense a general on the defensive side of the ball. Something this team has really been lacking.

#2 Move - Trade Michael Bennett to Arizona for a 3rd Round Draft Choice.

REASONING: The Vikings really need to feature one back. Let a back get in to a rhythm. Whether it is Moore or Smith. Both have potential for stardom in this league with the O-Line and Culpepper leading them. They will only get a 3rd rounder because of the amount of quality running backs in the draft, free agency, and trading block. This drives Bennett's value down.

Free Agency Moves

With the money freed up from trades and cap room, these are the moves I would make...

#1 Signing - Edgerton Hartwell MLB

REASONING: This would give the Vikes an enormus presence in the middle of the field and give them one of the best linebacking corps in the NFL. They could also move one of their young linebackers to the outside. Probably Henderson.

#2 Signing - Itulu Mili TE

REASONING: Mili is a more athletic and a better blocker than Wiggens. He gives the Vikes an upgrade at TE eventhough Wiggens had a huge year, I believe Mili can do better than Wiggens and for cheaper. Plus Mili is more athletic.

#2 Signing - Andre Dyson CB

REASONING: This guy will come cheap due to the amount of free agent cornerbacks and he is much better than Brian Williams. Dyson and Winfield will be able to cover any duo in the NFL.

NFL DRAFT

9 (From Washington) - Thomas Davis S Georgia

REASONING: This guy is the best safety in the draft and a major upgrade from Brian Russell. Both him and Chavous can play either safety position.

18 - Antaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin

REASONING: Hawthorne will give a huge presence in the middle with Kevin Williams. Giving the Vikings one of the most promising front fours in all of football.

49 - Chris Henry WR West Virginia

REASONING: The Vikes will take a chance at another troubled receiver and this guy could very easily be a featured #1 receiver right out of college. Him and Burleson could be a very tough duo to defend against.

From here, the starting lineups would look something like this...

OFFENSE
    QB - Daunte Culpepper
    RB - Onterrio Smith/Mewelde Moore
    FB - Jim Kleinsasser
    WR - Nate Burleson
    WR - Chris Henry/Marcus Robinson
    TE - Itulu Mili
    LT - Bryant Mckinnie
    LG - Chris Liwienski
    C - Matt Birk
    RG - David Dixon
    RT - Rosenthal

DEFENSE
    DE - Kenechi Udeze
    DE - Kenny Mixon/Lance Johnstone
    DT - Kevin Williams
    DT - Antaj Hawthorne
    WLB - LaVarr Arrington
    MLB - Edgerton Hartwell
    SLB - EJ Henderson/Donatarrius Thomas
    CB - Antoine Winfield
    CB - Andre Dyson/Brian Williams
    SS - Corey Chavous
    FS - Thomas Davis

This would give the Vikes a very championship caliber team.
    [img:ebda3835f6]http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/packer/img/insider/wallpaper/111504/walk640.jpg[/img:ebda3835f6]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Antaj Hawthorne, I don't like that pick personally, he didn't show me that much this past season and I really think that Wisconsin D was overrated. Look who they beat, and look who they lost to.

Itula Mili, we would never go after IMO just because Wiggins did a helluva job this year and we are getting Kleinny back next year and he will do the bulk of the blocking.

I would love to get Dyson and Hartwell, but with the cheap @ss McCombs at the hell we will not dish out any cash for them!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Del Rio Guest

REASONING: This guy will come cheap due to the amount of free agent cornerbacks and he is much better than Brian Williams. Dyson and Winfield will be able to cover any duo in the NFL.

Dyson can stay away. He would fit in with what we have now, but not with what we need to be serious contenders. Plus Dyson said he would never play for the Vikings.

I went to school with him he used to live 5 houses down from me until his brother Kevin was signed by the Titans. He plays basketball in our cities summer league and so we always sit and shoot the shit.

I asked him about trying to cover Moss, he laughed at me said no one can and everybody knows it. Told him to play for the Vikings he said never in 100 years would he play for Minnesota LOL. He hates the cold.

He is better then what we have I guess but not much. You have a point though after the year he has had the price would be cheap.

Del Rio Guest

Also with Sasser coming back I see no point in signing Mili. Wiggens earned a roster spot to be resigned and from what I understand he brings a lot of attitude to the team who is struggling to find itself.

Also I'm not sure Mili would indeed be cheaper.

All thos moves would make us a better team for now but Moss will stay, so right there half of the plan is out the window. And our first round draft pick will be a LB.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Take with a Grain of Salt

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:
    First of all, I just wanted to say hello to all of you. I have been unable to post for a little while because I had to leave my college campus due to a family emergency.

With that said, If I took over the Vikings management, I would go crazy this offseason and make some amazing moves. Remember this is just what I would do...

#1 Move - Trade Randy Moss for LaVarr Arrington AND Washington's 1st Round Draft choice.

REASONING: Moss gives this team an unecessary emotional rollercoaster at times. Sometimes Moss is that unstoppable force to be reckoned with, other times you wonder why he is even playing. Arrington gives this defense a general on the defensive side of the ball. Something this team has really been lacking.

REASONING: The Vikings really need to feature one back. Let a back get in to a rhythm. Whether it is Moore or Smith. Both have potential for stardom in this league with the O-Line and Culpepper leading them. They will only get a 3rd rounder because of the amount of quality running backs in the draft, free agency, and trading block. This drives Bennett's value down.

Free Agency Moves

With the money freed up from trades and cap room, these are the moves I would make...

#1 Signing - Edgerton Hartwell MLB

REASONING: This would give the Vikes an enormus presence in the middle of the field and give them one of the best linebacking corps in the NFL. They could also move one of their young linebackers to the outside. Probably Henderson.

#2 Signing - Itulu Mili TE

REASONING: Mili is a more athletic and a better blocker than Wiggens. He gives the Vikes an upgrade at TE eventhough Wiggens had a huge year, I believe Mili can do better than Wiggens and for cheaper. Plus Mili is more athletic.

NFL DRAFT

9 (From Washington) - Thomas Davis S Georgia

REASONING: This guy is the best safety in the draft and a major upgrade from Brian Russell. Both him and Chavous can play either safety position.

18 - Antaj Hawthorne DT Wisconsin

REASONING: Hawthorne will give a huge presence in the middle with Kevin Williams. Giving the Vikings one of the most promising front fours in all of football.

49 - Chris Henry WR West Virginia

REASONING: The Vikes will take a chance at another troubled receiver and this guy could very easily be a featured #1 receiver right out of college. Him and Burleson could be a very tough duo to defend against.

From here, the starting lineups would look something like this...

OFFENSE
    QB - Daunte Culpepper
    RB - Onterrio Smith/Mewelde Moore
    FB - Jim Kleinsasser
    WR - Nate Burleson
    WR - Chris Henry/Marcus Robinson
    TE - Itulu Mili
    LT - Bryant Mckinnie
    LG - Chris Liwienski
    C - Matt Birk
    RG - David Dixon
    RT - Rosenthal

DEFENSE
    DE - Kenechi Udeze
    DE - Kenny Mixon/Lance Johnstone
    DT - Kevin Williams
    DT - Antaj Hawthorne
    WLB - LaVarr Arrington
    MLB - Edgerton Hartwell
    SLB - EJ Henderson/Donatarrius Thomas
    CB - Antoine Winfield
    CB - Andre Dyson/Brian Williams
    SS - Corey Chavous
    FS - Thomas Davis

This would give the Vikes a very championship caliber team.
    The costs for both Moss and Bennett are way too low for what they are worth...Arrington in particular is a wild card...he has been injured and we don't know what we would really be getting. Bennett for a THIRD rounder...kinda low for someone who was a FIRST rounder AND a year removed from a 1000+-yard season. No deal on both...MAYBE the Washington deal IF we get Smoot too!

You Packer fans will propose ANY deal that would rid your team of having to play against Moss two times a year!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

if i was owner these are the things i would do.

1) keep moss.

2) get smoot and bell, and jermaine mayberry in f.a.
    resign-
    brain russell
    willie offord
    dixon
    CC

3) draft thomas davis. ernest shazor. o tackle. wide reciever. DT.

4)trade bennet for a second round pick.

that would be a great offseason.

Mossville is offline Starter

"JWalkRulz84" wrote:

FINALLY!!!! someone has football knowledge and knows we will not get anything higher than that for Bennett!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coming from a Packer fan I am amazed, however, you do know your football! I would agree with all of your moves expect the Moss trade. I would hope they could pull maybe another few draft choices out of the deal in order for that to work. But much props to knowing how much Bennett is actually worth this offseason. He could possibly command more next year but to much talent at RB this year FA or in the draft.....Why would teams trade for Bennett when they could try and Sign Edge or Alexander as FAs

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Mossville" wrote:
    "JWalkRulz84" wrote:

FINALLY!!!! someone has football knowledge and knows we will not get anything higher than that for Bennett!!!!!!!!!!!!! Coming from a Packer fan I am amazed, however, you do know your football! I would agree with all of your moves expect the Moss trade. I would hope they could pull maybe another few draft choices out of the deal in order for that to work. But much props to knowing how much Bennett is actually worth this offseason. He could possibly command more next year but to much talent at RB this year FA or in the draft.....Why would teams trade for Bennett when they could try and Sign Edge or Alexander as FAs
    That may be true, but if we just turn around and draft another RB, we don't really come out ahead...a third rounder may be all that he commands, but I wouldn't trade him for that...it would be better just to keep him and get another year out of him before he leaves in FA, then just sign someone else to replace his roster spot. I advocate filling most of our holes on defense via FA, and supplementing this by making good choices with our draft picks that we already have.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Mossville is offline Starter

I guess I didn't really say above that I am against trading any of our backs because our return isn't going to be what they are worth. I am just agreeing with the value of pick we would receive in return.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

We are over looking the fact that we need a denfense end and need to get rid of Kenny Mixon.

He had a couple of good games but most of the season was a complete nonfactor. He couldn't rush
    against my dead grandmother!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast