Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    lespatdry is offline Waterboy

Tailgating location(s)

Sorry if you see a million of these, but 8 of us are driving down from Winnipeg for the Saints game. We haven't been to see the Vikes for a couple of years now and it sounds like there have been some tailgating areas that have been eliminated.

Where would you recommend we park for tailgating and by what time would you suggest we park at the lot, in order to get a spot? We're big Vikes fans and looking forward to meeting up with more fans!

Thanks,

Lespatdry

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Tailgating location(s)

There is the official lot behind the Target Center sponsored by the Vikings....its about the only spots left.

lespatdry is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the info...what time would you think we would have to get there to get a spot?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Chug one down for me! :wink:

ManODaHour is offline Waterboy

I'm still planning on tailgating in the "original" lot (or what's left of it) on Washington Ave. next to the Liquor Depot. If that one is full, you can fall back to the lot in between the Liquor Depot and the River. We get there around 8am. Usually, not a problem until 9am-ish.

Good luck. Hope to see you there! I'll be washing some ribs down with a big mug of Bass while we watch pregames! Gotta love it!
    SKOL! VIKINGS!!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

ManO: I think I might hit up that lot as well. If so not quite as early. Look for me, I'll be the guy in the Vikings jersey :lol:

[color=red]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Isn't there still a little bit of that lot left on Washington across from the old spaghetti factory? That used to be THE place to tailgate!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

This is exactly the reason they need to build the new stadium away from downtown. A huge parking lot right next to the stadium is way better then the little ones scatterd about.

Whish I could make it down for the oppener but I'll be in my camper by Itasca St park sippin a cold one and screaming my head off instead.
    I.B.O.T. #213

We usually tailgate at the lot just north of the licker depot..we've been going there for 3 years now and it's just as fun as the one on Washington Ave. They even have port-a-potties....let me know if anyone plans on going maybe we can hook up and spread some Purple Pride!

We go to the rapid park lot by the target center, you get a free bus pass or you can pay 2 bucks for the light rail. Be there at 7am no matter what time the game is at. It sucks this year we have no late games until playoff time. The best thing about rapid park lot is it is big and people are not packed like wash ave lots. We parked at wash ave 2 years ago glad we decided to move. I do hope we can all tailgate together at one big lot in the next 5 years. But with the way this state is ran I highly doubt it. See you all at rapid park sun at 7am! Skol!!!!!
    You republican whore!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast