SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

Now that some of the tailgating lots are being developed is there a new plan for tailgating? Has anyone heard or read about what we can do?

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

I can't be sure of this, but I think that even though some of the Washington Ave. lot has been lost to development, it isn't completely gone (at least not yet). I think it will continue to exist, though smaller, for this season. It definitely is THE place to tailgate before a Vikings game.

If anyone who is in the Minneapolis area could confirm this, I'm sure a lot of fans on here would appreciate knowing the facts regarding the Washington Ave. lots during the coming season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

ManODaHour is offline Waterboy

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

"purplepat" wrote:
    I can't be sure of this, but I think that even though some of the Washington Ave. lot has been lost to development, it isn't completely gone (at least not yet). I think it will continue to exist, though smaller, for this season. It definitely is THE place to tailgate before a Vikings game.
    :coming from an every sunday tailgater from out of town:

Haven't been by there since last season, but I didn't think they were going to take any more from the Washington lots than they took last year. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not, but it would be a shame if they take any more. Where the heck do they intend on putting (up with) us???

Tailgating is an artform! Tailgating is football! Tailgating is Minnesotan! Tailgating is a Minnesotan Football Artform!!!

Skol! Vikings!!
    SKOL! VIKINGS!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

I read on the Star Tribune message boards the other day that the Washington Ave. lots are now reduced to about 20% of the space they used to have. That is a pretty dramatic reduction. All those tailgaters will have to go someplace.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

when is the best time to get a parking spot at the dome on gameday

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

"magicci" wrote:
    when is the best time to get a parking spot at the dome on gameday
    It depends if you want to tailgate. If so, the Washington Avenue lots are the best bet, and 8 am should get you in. Generally parking is $20 at those lots.

If it's just parking you're looking for, you can find that most times on a Sunday. There's plenty of lots and ramps downtown. If you want to get within a couple of blocks from the dome plan on $20 - $30. If you're not pressed for time, and don't mind walking a bit you can get it cheaper. There's plenty of lots, with employees flagging you to park. Personally, going downtown, I wouldn't take the Washington Avenue exit, that's the one most people take when they're going to the game, and it's s-l-o-w. It might be better to take one of the other downtown exits and drive to one of the ramps a few blocks from the dome.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

That's one thing that blew me away with the Metrodome. I can't imagine a game without tailgating. Going to both Badger games and Packer games, that is as much a part of the culture as going to the game itself.

Glad to hear you guys are getting chance to do some tailgating. Welcome to the 21st century!!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ManODaHour is offline Waterboy

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Glad to hear you guys are getting chance to do some tailgating. Welcome to the 21st century!!
    FYI, we've been tailgating for years - during and after the Met Stadium days. Unfortunately for us, we have had to do it a few blocks away from the Big Inflateable Toilet.

And just so you know, in Minnesota, sitting in someone's backyard, deer hunting tree stand, trailer park fallout shelter, or livestock pasture drinking a Schmitt's 30 pack of cans with a can of kraut on your weiner, doesn't qualify as tailgating.
    SKOL! VIKINGS!!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

TAILGATING ANYONE ??

"ManODaHour" wrote:

And just so you know, in Minnesota, sitting in someone's backyard, deer hunting tree stand, trailer park fallout shelter, or livestock pasture drinking a Schmitt's 30 pack of cans with a can of kraut on your weiner, doesn't qualify as tailgating.
    :-) That's your loss, not mine! Though I have to admit I've never done the fallout shelter.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.