Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    swannyb is offline Training Camp

Tailgating for 2007

My biggest beef of the offseason, no mention on where Vikings fans are going to be able to tailgate for the 2007 season.
    The Rapid Park lot is officially closed, especially since the Twins held the ceremony today to mark the start of the work on the new stadium.
    I sure hope Mr.
    Wilf understands that tailgating is a big part of going to games and is also a big part of the Vikings community.
    That's how some of us on this forum/website probably met each other is by the good times shared tailgating before games.
    Please sound off with opinions or good places to tailgate for 2007, if you know of any.

JoeBu is offline Waterboy

Re: Tailgating for 2007

Can anyone provide any update on this tragic situation.
    I'm getting calls from all kinds of people with no answers.

I've contacted the Vikings Marketing Department and got a message back saying that they are working on getting the contracts done for the Star Trib lots and that people who had contracts last year would have first dibs....but she did not indicate if we could tailgate there or not.
    I believe it was not zoned for tailgating last year.
    I've left another message so we'll see.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The last I heard from the Vikings was that same basic response I have been getting all year: "We're working on a solution..."

I am have to place another call or send another email.
    It is getting pretty close to football season to still be looking for a tailgating location.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Damn, this thread got my hopes up.
    :'(
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Damn, this thread got my hopes up.
    :'(
    Same here
    :-

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I just talked to the ticket office.
    They said that they were still working out the details, but the latest rumor is that the Star Trib lots will be tailgating lots this year, with the price being $35 per carload.
    As soon as something is finalized, they plan on putting it on vikings.com.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    They said that they were still working out the details, but the latest rumor is that the Star Trib lots will be tailgating lots this year, with the price being $35 per carload.
    I'm in.
    Whatever truck/car is bringing the grill/ice/TV/Satellite dish etc I will chip in for your parking.

I just want a place to suds, bullshit and drink before the game with as many of you as we can get there.

(Notice how I used two different words to reference beer so I wouldn't look like an alchy?)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Are these the ones?

[img width=450 height=371]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/metrodome.jpg[/img]

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Are these the ones?

[img width=450 height=371]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h63/westvirginiavikings/metrodome.jpg[/img]
    Any of those sites look fine to me. What do you really need for tailgaiting? It's just a parking lot right?

$35 seems like alot to park your car, wasn't it $20 last year? I probably won't park there anyway, last year I just got dropped off by the gates and filled my pockets with as many brews as I could carry. ;D

Tailgating..... at the Metrodome.....

Two words.....

No More !!!!!!

There are what , like 1,000 parking spaces around the dome , a stadium with over 60,000 seats, yup... sounds smart !

It's hard to hate on the owners of these parking lots who are no doubt maKing a killing
    on all the condo's and offices going up there. And as a fan it sucks, but what would youR average business man do....

Sucks for the fans who LOVE tailgating, but easy to understand...

And Wilf can't do a thing about it at the dome. He dosen't own what few parking lots
    remain around the dome ....

That's why you see so many fans taking the train to the dome and just head into that corporate sponsered tailgate tent outside the dome...

NOT THE SAME !!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast