Thread: Tailgate help

Looper is offline Waterboy

Tailgate help

I plan on doing some tailgating for the game this Sunday at the new place over by the Target Center. Can someone tell me how early I need to get there to get a spot? Is there enough room for anyone who shows up or do I need to be there by certain time to be sure I get a spot. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was thinking of showing up around 11:00 maybe?

Also, how easy is it to catch a ride to the dome? Is there a line to get on the train?

Thanks.

Re: Tailgate help

"Looper" wrote:
    I plan on doing some tailgating for the game this Sunday at the new place over by the Target Center. Can someone tell me how early I need to get there to get a spot? Is there enough room for anyone who shows up or do I need to be there by certain time to be sure I get a spot. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was thinking of showing up around 11:00 maybe?

Also, how easy is it to catch a ride to the dome? Is there a line to get on the train?

Thanks.
    If nobody from around the TC will answer the only thing I could suggest is call KFAN or see there site, they should be able to help you and by the way Welcome aboard you have been here for a while so you know the board I am sure...quite standing on the sideline Join in the fun it football season...

good luck
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Tailgate help

On opening day, you might need to get there before 11. No one really knows, as the preseason games are no match or comparison for what the regular season brings, especially on opening day, or the day of a big game like the Packers. Some people will be in the lots at 8 AM. Considering the game won't start until 3:15 CDT, 11 AM might be OK, but I wouldn't push my luck. I'd get there early if at all possible. Another thing to do would be to hook up with someone on here (like Webby) who will be tailgating there who plans on getting there earlier than you do. If that person has a cell phone, you could communicate with each other as to how full the lot was getting at what time. That way, you could find out if you needed to get there sooner.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Looper is offline Waterboy

Tailgate help

Gracias PurplePat. I haven't tailgated at the dome before so I appreciate the reply.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Tailgate help

This is from Friday's Pioneer Press:

Posted on Fri, Sep. 10, 2004

A place to party

Fans seem to like new crosstown tailgating venue

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

With a promising season about to start, the Vikings have been pleasantly surprised with the new tailgating setup at Rapid Park in Minneapolis.

Although offices, lofts and other attractions have swallowed nearly 1,000 prime tailgating spots in the riverfront neighborhood near the Metrodome, team officials have been encouraged about the new arrangement heading into the 2004 season.

In the first exhibition game, played on Saturday, Aug. 14, nearly 500 fans paid $15 to park and party at Rapid Park, behind the Target Center, and took shuttles or the light rail to the Dome.

"The fans have adjusted well," said Steve LaCroix, the Vikings' vice president of sales and marketing. "We hope it'll continue to grow as the season progresses."

Vikings executive vice president Mike Kelly said transportation options to the Dome have eased the move to the opposite side of downtown. He added that fans have responded to the live music and appearances by the team's cheerleaders and its mascot, Ragnar.

Rapid Park has 1,400 spots available, LaCroix said, adding that the team is considering other tailgating spots elsewhere in the area.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman