Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tahi plays his game, leads with head

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    who ever said that veterans lose their skills as they age is wrong.

look at what T-Rich is doing for the jets right now. and look at what farve did last year.

just becuase you get older doesnt mean that you have to be replaced. down the line yes. but i dont know why we didnt resign a PRO BOWLER.

he is going to be around another 2-3 years. so we should have resigned him instead of signing a guy who sits on the bench for nearly the same amount tony got... yeah. thats what i think
    Call me wrong if you want, however no one, including you has said anything to answer my question.

What is he doing over there to make them better.
    Again, I have watched a good portion of each of thier games and he doesn't even get on the field much anymore.

Then, as I said earlier, how has his depatured impacted us, especially in the run production area.

Quick question, based on how many games he played last year and his production, do you think he really warranted a Pro-bowl trip or do you think he got the knod just because of his past performances and fan appeal like most probowlers normally do?
    My question for you is, if he doesn't get on the field much, is that because there are other FB's taking his spot, or they just don't use a lot of fullbacks in their scheme.
    I don't watch a lot of jets fooball, so I'm not sure what they run.
    IF, its the case that no fullback gets lots of playing time, then your argument is dodging the point.
    The point is that Richardson is far better than Tapeh.
    If Richardson doesn't play much just because the scheme doesn't call for it, it hardly has much to do with his skill.
    Thats like getting two top tier MLB's to come here, and saying one sucks because we play a 4-3, and they won't get much playing time.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

look at what T-Rich is doing for the jets right now. and look at what farve did last year.

just becuase you get older doesnt mean that you have to be replaced. down the line yes. but i dont know why we didnt resign a PRO BOWLER.

he is going to be around another 2-3 years. so we should have resigned him instead of signing a guy who sits on the bench for nearly the same amount tony got... yeah. thats what i think
    Call me wrong if you want, however no one, including you has said anything to answer my question.

Again, I have watched a good portion of each of thier games and he doesn't even get on the field much anymore.

Then, as I said earlier, how has his depatured impacted us, especially in the run production area.

Quick question, based on how many games he played last year and his production, do you think he really warranted a Pro-bowl trip or do you think he got the knod just because of his past performances and fan appeal like most probowlers normally do?
    My question for you is, if he doesn't get on the field much, is that because there are other FB's taking his spot, or they just don't use a lot of fullbacks in their scheme.
    IF, its the case that no fullback gets lots of playing time, then your argument is dodging the point.
    If Richardson doesn't play much just because the scheme doesn't call for it, it hardly has much to do with his skill.
    Thats like getting two top tier MLB's to come here, and saying one sucks because we play a 4-3, and they won't get much playing time.
    Fair question.

They only carry one FB so you would think that T-rich he would see alot of time especially when thier big short yardage RB is hurt/not playing.

Could one say that the scheme doesn't dictate more time for him?
    Probably could, however, you could also say that because of the scheme, along with only 1 FB he should see more playing time.

Again, T-rich was a heck of a FB in his day.
    He finished out his time here and wasn't resigned mostly because of his inability to stay healthy and the need for the team to get younger at that position with a guy who would suit up every game.

I answered your question.
    Now answer mine........

Has his absence really shown up as a issue with respect to our production, especially in the running game?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Fair question.

They only carry one FB so you would think that T-rich he would see alot of time especially when thier big short yardage RB is hurt/not playing.

Probably could, however, you could also say that because of the scheme, along with only 1 FB he should see more playing time.

He finished out his time here and wasn't resigned mostly because of his inability to stay healthy and the need for the team to get younger at that position with a guy who would suit up every game.

Now answer mine........

Has his absence really shown up as a issue with respect to our production, especially in the running game?
    Yes, actually, I think it has.
    So far, there's been a total of 0 long runs broken.
    (i know the seasons still young)
    Thats because Richardson was very very good at mauling a LB, and moving into the secondary, knocking a safety, or a corner trying to come in from the other side, or even another LB.

Also the running production dips in the 2nd half.
    There could be a numbe rof reasons for that though, (playcalling, having to make up ground in the 3rd and 4th q, so abandoning run to pass, etc).

We're getting a decent amount of medium runs (4-8yds)
    but...
    by week 9, Peterson's rush average was 6.2 I believe, now its only 5.2 (not 100%, but its in that range)

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Fair question.

Now answer mine........

A great blocking FB is a beautiful thing.
    I'm not sure to the extent of lost production, but I bet you we could see a change if(which I agree with you marr) he stayed healthy.
    Tough decision and lets just hope Tahi can get the job done.

Now answer mine.....

If x and y are integers and their product is positive and odd, then which of the following cannot be the value of y?

A. -121
    B. -1
    C. 1
    D. 4
    E. 25

Blog Entries

D.
    Reason being, any even number multiplied by any integer will result in an even number

ex

x=?
    y=4

1x4=4
    2x4=8
    3x4=12
    4x4=16

None of those possible products are odd

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Fair question.

Now answer mine........

I'm not sure to the extent of lost production, but I bet you we could see a change if(which I agree with you marr) he stayed healthy.

Now answer mine.....

If x and y are integers and their product is positive and odd, then which of the following cannot be the value of y?

A. -121
    B. -1
    C. 1
    D. 4
    E. 25

D ???

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Fair question.

Now answer mine........

Now answer mine.....

A. -121
    B. -1
    C. 1
    D. 4
    E. 25
    D

4=JD Booty

This year the answer to Y cannot equal Booty because he's not ready ;D

Blog Entries

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:

Fair question.

Now answer mine........

Now answer mine.....

A. -121
    B. -1
    C. 1
    D. 4
    E. 25
    just out of curiosity Schutz, is that a school assignment or something? or are you just messen with us.
    How I long for math that simple.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i really liked when we signed tapeh but i guess tahi is getting the job done, good for him

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=SamOchoCinco link=topic=48119.msg843660#msg843660 date=1222433952]

Fair question.

Now answer mine........

Now answer mine.....

A. -121
    B. -1
    C. 1
    D. 4
    E. 25
    just out of curiosity Schutz, is that a school assignment or something? or are you just messen with us.

How I long for math that simple.
    [/quote]

Just a joke, I googled Math problem or something like that to put on there and that's the first thing that came up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast