Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Tahi plays his game, leads with head

"V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Hicks and Tapeh have done nothing all year. Especially Tapeh. The fact he comes is to replace Richardson, a pro bowler, only to lose his job to Tahi, a second-year no-name, signals underacheivement.

Anyways, Tahi. Good stuff. Roleplayer.
    Where's that crowd that was chirping about how Richardson was old and washed up, and Tapeh would be better at this point for us?
    What has T-rich done this year to help out over there in Lord Dickhead Land?

Tapeh, as with Tahi, are perfect fits for what the coaching staff want to do in this scheme and that won't change regardless of how much we beyyyyyatch about it my friend.

Besides, his presence doesn't seem to have impacted CT/AD's rushing yards per carry any. ;D

Richardson is helping greatly in the Jets rush game
    Exactly, and to suggest that an average FB fits the scheme better than a pro bowler is stupid. You build the scheme around pro bowlers. I don't see how giving AD a worse FB helps.
    I questioned that move as well (and still do).
    It makes no sense to me.
    Not only was Richardson a great player, but he was also a great person who I'm sure the other players enjoyed playing with.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Tony Richardson was a good FB but I like our two, Tapeh is a good player but Tahi is playing very good himself, and this started in the Pre-Season. Good to see guys that we bring in working there way up. Tapeh doesn't dress out because only so many can.

I don't think we miss Tony as much as some would like to think, our FB's are doing a fine job. I don't think there is an issue whatsoever.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"V" wrote:
    Hicks and Tapeh have done nothing all year. Especially Tapeh. The fact he comes is to replace Richardson, a pro bowler, only to lose his job to Tahi, a second-year no-name, signals underacheivement.

How can you say Hicks has done nothing all year?
    He has shut down three outstanding defensive ends.

I honestly dont understand how you can say that.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

Yes, I couldn't understand that either.
    Hicks said McKinnie gave him tips on how to defend against Indianapolis' Dwight Freeney. And he also has offered other advice after watching Vikings games.
    That's nice of McKinnie and it probably helped cause Hicks did a much better job than I EXPECTED.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=48119.msg843306#msg843306 date=1222350830]

Where's that crowd that was chirping about how Richardson was old and washed up, and Tapeh would be better at this point for us?
    What has T-rich done this year to help out over there in Lord Dickhead Land?

Tapeh, as with Tahi, are perfect fits for what the coaching staff want to do in this scheme and that won't change regardless of how much we beyyyyyatch about it my friend.

Besides, his presence doesn't seem to have impacted CT/AD's rushing yards per carry any. ;D

Richardson is helping greatly in the Jets rush game
    Exactly, and to suggest that an average FB fits the scheme better than a pro bowler is stupid. You build the scheme around pro bowlers. I don't see how giving AD a worse FB helps.
    I questioned that move as well (and still do).
    It makes no sense to me.
    Not only was Richardson a great player, but he was also a great person who I'm sure the other players enjoyed playing with.
    [/quote]
    OK, so you guys say he is helping greatly.........I ask again, what is he helping with?
    I have been watching them alot and if you guys were you would see that he doesn't get on the field much at all.

Additionally, if you look at our yards per carry (for both backs) even with Big Mac sitting out, I don't see any drop off.

Again, how is he missed?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Tony Richardson was a good FB but I like our two, Tapeh is a good player but Tahi is playing very good himself, and this started in the Pre-Season. Good to see guys that we bring in working there way up. Tapeh doesn't dress out because only so many can.

I don't think we miss Tony as much as some would like to think, our FB's are doing a fine job. I don't think there is an issue whatsoever.
    Not to mention that I like our FB's cause they are on the sidelines and available to play every game this week.
    With T-rich that hasn't/wasn't the case all the time.

Seriously guys, players get old and lose thier skills.
    New players have to replace them.
    Its the nature of the beast so why sit an pine over the loss of a guy who didn't play much at all last year?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

You guys do realize there are two Hicks on this team right?
    Me thinks he is talking about the FA Hicks (RB) who has been hurt.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "V" wrote:

You guys do realize there are two Hicks on this team right?
    Me thinks he is talking about the FA Hicks (RB) who has been hurt.
    Oh Yeah. I forgot for a moment that there are two Hicks on the team. Yes, the author was probably talking about the RB Maurice Hicks. It has to be him!

who ever said that veterans lose their skills as they age is wrong.

look at what T-Rich is doing for the jets right now. and look at what farve did last year.

just becuase you get older doesnt mean that you have to be replaced. down the line yes. but i dont know why we didnt resign a PRO BOWLER.

he is going to be around another 2-3 years. so we should have resigned him instead of signing a guy who sits on the bench for nearly the same amount tony got... yeah. thats what i think

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    who ever said that veterans lose their skills as they age is wrong.

look at what T-Rich is doing for the jets right now. and look at what farve did last year.

just becuase you get older doesnt mean that you have to be replaced. down the line yes. but i dont know why we didnt resign a PRO BOWLER.

he is going to be around another 2-3 years. so we should have resigned him instead of signing a guy who sits on the bench for nearly the same amount tony got... yeah. thats what i think
    Call me wrong if you want, however no one, including you has said anything to answer my question.

What is he doing over there to make them better.
    Again, I have watched a good portion of each of thier games and he doesn't even get on the field much anymore.

Then, as I said earlier, how has his depatured impacted us, especially in the run production area.

Quick question, based on how many games he played last year and his production, do you think he really warranted a Pro-bowl trip or do you think he got the knod just because of his past performances and fan appeal like most probowlers normally do?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast