Thread: Tahi hurt

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Tahi hurt

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Vikings explain Tahi horseplay injury to league
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ury-to-league/

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2009 9:26 PM ET

On Saturday, Vikings fullback Fahu Tahi and tailback Adrian Peterson supposedly got into a wrestling match in the locker room.
    Tahi supposedly injured his eye during the exchange.

The Vikings didn't disclose the injury on Saturday, supposedly because they believed it was no big deal and that Tahi would play.
    On Sunday morning, Tahi supposedly woke up with a swollen eye, and the team supposedly decided at that point that he wouldn't be able to play.

The Vikings then didn't disclose the injury until Tahi's name appeared on the list of inactive players, in the middle of the afternoon.
    Supposedly, Florio isn't a complete jackass.

=Z=
    Florio supposedly likes the Vikings, but hates Favre, Tahi, Allen, and Chilly.

Florio can suck my supposedly large penis.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

I tend to watch Tahi closely when reviewing the games. He really isn't that bad a blocker. He picks up his blocks and stones guys frequently. He stoned Ray Lewis (I believe) on AD's TD run, and he does make many blocks to spring AD.

I just think Tahi gets a bad rub by a lot of the posters. It's not all Tahi's fault that AD is not getting consistent yardage. Like Marrdro said, AD is not that patient of a runner, he chooses to try and hit lanes or break it to the outside before his blocks are made.

Well, flame away

"grpape" wrote:
    I tend to watch Tahi closely when reviewing the games. He really isn't that bad a blocker. He picks up his blocks and stones guys frequently. He stoned Ray Lewis (I believe) on AD's TD run, and he does make many blocks to spring AD.

I just think Tahi gets a bad rub by a lot of the posters. It's not all Tahi's fault that AD is not getting consistent yardage. Like Marrdro said, AD is not that patient of a runner, he chooses to try and hit lanes or break it to the outside before his blocks are made.

Well, flame away
    I see.

Well, I'll never forgive Tahi for what he did to my family.

But I guess I have to take your word for it on his blocking.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"grpape" wrote:

Well, flame away
    really? Because I've seen the exactly opposite many times.
    Sure he probably makes some good blocks, he wouldn't have a job if he didn't, but it seems more often than not he's getting pushed back, missing block, looking confused, etc.
    I was happy to see Kleinsasser getting reps at FB last week, and thrilled to see Dugan starting over Tahi on Sunday.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"grpape" wrote:

Well, flame away
    You, my friend, just got bumped up a couple of columns on the ole spreadsheet.

Excellent post.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:

Well, flame away
    You, my friend, just got bumped up a couple of columns on the ole spreadsheet.

Excellent post.
    Will this spreadsheet ever be published?
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Tahi makes a few decent blocks here and there but he also misses a few here and there.
    He appears to have decent hands coming out of the backfield but he is not very good at YAC.
    Personally, I think Dugan is better (not that it's saying much).

"Braddock" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:

Well, flame away
    You, My Farvish Friend, just got bumped up a couple of columns on the ole spreadsheet.

Excellent post.
    Will this spreadsheet ever be published?
    Nope.
    To many chuckleheads and yutzs on here who would then lobby to have Webby and the Hammer to ban me cause I had them lower than they thought they should be.

Long story short, to keep piece on PPO, the posters must trust me in that I have a good handle on who, what, where everyone should be on the spreadsheet at any given time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"ejmat" wrote:
    Tahi makes a few decent blocks here and there but he also misses a few here and there.
    He appears to have decent hands coming out of the backfield but he is not very good at YAC.
    And in the end, they get the job (as small as it is) done to the best of thier abilities.

Problem is, there is still a huge contingent on here who want Tahi to be a primary weapon out of the backfield.
    Alas, those days are gone, not only on the Vikes but in the NFL as well.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    And in the end, they get the job (as small as it is) done to the best of thier abilities.

Problem is, there is still a huge contingent on here who want Tahi to be a primary weapon out of the backfield.
    Alas, those days are gone, not only on the Vikes but in the NFL as well.
    How many people actually watch the blocking when AD gets the ball?

I think the biggest problem is that when the inevitable swing pass to Tahi gets called, more often than not, it ends up being a 3-yard gain and the "yutzes" just remember those plays.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast