Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahi hurt

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Tahi hurt

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Poor Tahi.
    A thick knecked knee bender who plays for a bunch of fans who want him to be Cris Carter.

:
    My biggest issue with him is his inability to turn... he catches balls as you'd expect, going across the field towards the sidelines... the issue is he's too big, too clumbsy to turn his momentum up field... as you'd expect, he's generally hit shortly after catching the ball and because he can't turn any of his momentum up field, he's generally dropped behind the LOS or for no gain versus being able to run through a tackler or at least fall forward for a few yards if he could turn his body faster.
    He needs to work on that body positioning some for me to be happy with his pass catching abilities... I'll leave the blocking assessment to those who actually enjoy watching that sort of stuff.
    Quick question......Do you think of Sauce as a offensive weapon or just a blocker?

Long story short, we have enough weapons on this team.
    The limited action that a FB sees in this scheme doesn't really dictate that he be a threat.
    Very true about the threat comment. I just wish he wouldn't whiff on so many of his blocks.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Poor Tahi.
    A thick knecked knee bender who plays for a bunch of fans who want him to be Cris Carter.

:
    My biggest issue with him is his inability to turn... he catches balls as you'd expect, going across the field towards the sidelines... the issue is he's too big, too clumbsy to turn his momentum up field... as you'd expect, he's generally hit shortly after catching the ball and because he can't turn any of his momentum up field, he's generally dropped behind the LOS or for no gain versus being able to run through a tackler or at least fall forward for a few yards if he could turn his body faster.
    He needs to work on that body positioning some for me to be happy with his pass catching abilities... I'll leave the blocking assessment to those who actually enjoy watching that sort of stuff.
    Quick question......Do you think of Sauce as a offensive weapon or just a blocker?

The limited action that a FB sees in this scheme doesn't really dictate that he be a threat.
    Very true about the threat comment. I just wish he wouldn't whiff on so many of his blocks.
    I have only seen one block this year that could constitue a whiff, however, in that instance, as I explained, his job was first, to make sure Big Mac could take his guy wide and then shift to the inside threat based on the blitz look that the D showed.

I have also discussed that I wouldn't want to be Mr. Tahi.
    Can you imagine what its like to be a lead blocker for a cat like AD.
    Think about it, you are almost to the guy in the lane AD is supposed to run to and whamp, AD goes another way and the defender goes with him leaving you look like a silly goon.

Long story short, does he perform flawlessly?
    Hell no.
    Most players don't.
    Could we find someone better?
    Maybe, but I suspect he would be labled as a bad player because we would see the same stuff from the new cat as we are seeing from Tahi.

I suspect, by the way, that as Tahi blocks more and more for AD, he might start to see the lanes like AD does and maybe, just maybe, make him a better/more effective blocker.

On a side note, he could also just get into AD's way if he started to opt out of his assigned blocking assignment/lane.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Poor Tahi.

:

See my bovers......(Old Teletype jargin for ya)
    ;D

Anyway, I don't think he wiffs.
    I think he is in the poor position of trying to lead block for one of the most dynamic runners we have ever seen.
    Given time, and reps, AD and Tahi will think as one.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Poor Tahi.

:
    I was going to say that I don't believe that people here care much what he can do with the ball, but I'm sure I'd be proven wrong.
    I agree with the sentiment you have expressed many times though, that we don't need Tahi to make plays.

Nonetheless, the guy isn't a great blocking fullback.
    He misses way too many assignments in the run game.
    I used to think that most fullbacks were about the same, with the ones that were known as the best generally having the benefit of a great running back behind them.
    That was my thought on Tony Richarson... solid but expendable because the next guy won't be a big drop-off.
    Tahi has proven me wrong, and his mistakes have been noticed at a position where you pretty much want to go unnoticed.

Here's my other thought: fullback is even more important for the Vikes because teams will load up on the line.
    All those guys near the ball mean that you need every blocker to engage and hold a block, and preferably get push.

Now the team did try to get someone that had been pretty solid in a similar system (Tapeh), but that obviously fell apart and here we are.

Still too bad about the injury.
    But he should know that if you mess with AD you're going to get hurt.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    And AD just keeps finding ways to make our team better... ;D

Just kidding, I don't mind Tahi as much as some seem to.
    Now that was funny

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

WOOOO!!!

Go AP!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Celebrating injuries (no matter how small) to a Vikings player are we?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    Celebrating injuries (no matter how small) to a Vikings player are we?
    LOL, I let that dog lie.
    Didn't think it was applicable, but nice of you to point it out for me.
    ;D

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Vikings explain Tahi horseplay injury to league
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ury-to-league/

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2009 9:26 PM ET

On Saturday, Vikings fullback Fahu Tahi and tailback Adrian Peterson supposedly got into a wrestling match in the locker room.
    Tahi supposedly injured his eye during the exchange.

The Vikings didn't disclose the injury on Saturday, supposedly because they believed it was no big deal and that Tahi would play.
    On Sunday morning, Tahi supposedly woke up with a swollen eye, and the team supposedly decided at that point that he wouldn't be able to play.

The Vikings then didn't disclose the injury until Tahi's name appeared on the list of inactive players, in the middle of the afternoon.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    Vikings explain Tahi horseplay injury to league
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ury-to-league/

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2009 9:26 PM ET

On Saturday, Vikings fullback Fahu Tahi and tailback Adrian Peterson supposedly got into a wrestling match in the locker room.
    Tahi supposedly injured his eye during the exchange.

The Vikings didn't disclose the injury on Saturday, supposedly because they believed it was no big deal and that Tahi would play.
    On Sunday morning, Tahi supposedly woke up with a swollen eye, and the team supposedly decided at that point that he wouldn't be able to play.

The Vikings then didn't disclose the injury until Tahi's name appeared on the list of inactive players, in the middle of the afternoon.
    Supposedly, Florio isn't a complete jackass.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast