Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tahi hurt

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Tahi hurt

"gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Vikings explain Tahi horseplay injury to league
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ury-to-league/

Posted by Mike Florio on November 3, 2009 9:26 PM ET

On Saturday, Vikings fullback Fahu Tahi and tailback Adrian Peterson supposedly got into a wrestling match in the locker room.
    Tahi supposedly injured his eye during the exchange.

The Vikings didn't disclose the injury on Saturday, supposedly because they believed it was no big deal and that Tahi would play.
    On Sunday morning, Tahi supposedly woke up with a swollen eye, and the team supposedly decided at that point that he wouldn't be able to play.

The Vikings then didn't disclose the injury until Tahi's name appeared on the list of inactive players, in the middle of the afternoon.

I was watching Inside the NFL this week, and in the locker room after the game highlights, Favre is leading a cheer...Tahi is standing next to him. You can see the black eye clearly (not swollen like in Rocky, but certainly not pretty). The guy is a beast, a huge chest with tats all over.

I seem to recall many here didn't like Tapeh either...even before his "misrepresentation". [size=10pt]Could that be because he only played a couple of games for us?[/size]
    I'm pretty happy with the chemistry of our team. I think it's great to cycle guys in and out, keep them fresh. I have no problem with Tahi playing, although I'd like too see a little more consistency in his blocking, and for him to become more comfortable receiving passes.
    As I said in a earlier post, which is backed up by several posts (from others) in this thread........
    No one will like any of our FB's ever cause they just aren't used as weapons.

Most on here pine for a guy that is used as a offensive weapon (mainly as a pass catcher) and unfortunately, this staff doesn't use them that way.

Huh?
    I think most would like Tahi to hit the right man opening a hole or pick up a blitz now and again.
    Which I would expect from any other FB and for the most part all I expect.
    A FB that could run and catch in short yardage would be grand, but not necessary.
    Do you really think that if he wasn't hitting the right man at least once in awhile, this staff wouldn't shit can him?
    :

Comeon, just cause you don't think he is getting to his spots doesn't mean he isn't.
    All it means is you just don't see what he is doing (or isn't) the same way the coaches (or a few of us on here at ppo) see it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Lol Marr you and the like 2 people are the only ones who think he doesn't miss or whiff many blocks

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:

On Saturday, Vikings fullback Fahu Tahi and tailback Adrian Peterson supposedly got into a wrestling match in the locker room.

The Vikings didn't disclose the injury on Saturday, supposedly because they believed it was no big deal and that Tahi would play.
    On Sunday morning, Tahi supposedly woke up with a swollen eye, and the team supposedly decided at that point that he wouldn't be able to play.

The Vikings then didn't disclose the injury until Tahi's name appeared on the list of inactive players, in the middle of the afternoon.

I was watching Inside the NFL this week, and in the locker room after the game highlights, Favre is leading a cheer...Tahi is standing next to him. You can see the black eye clearly (not swollen like in Rocky, but certainly not pretty). The guy is a beast, a huge chest with tats all over.

I seem to recall many here didn't like Tapeh either...even before his "misrepresentation". [size=10pt]Could that be because he only played a couple of games for us?[/size]
    I'm pretty happy with the chemistry of our team. I think it's great to cycle guys in and out, keep them fresh. I have no problem with Tahi playing, although I'd like too see a little more consistency in his blocking, and for him to become more comfortable receiving passes.
    As I said in a earlier post, which is backed up by several posts (from others) in this thread........

Most on here pine for a guy that is used as a offensive weapon (mainly as a pass catcher) and unfortunately, this staff doesn't use them that way.

Huh?
    I think most would like Tahi to hit the right man opening a hole or pick up a blitz now and again.
    A FB that could run and catch in short yardage would be grand, but not necessary.
    Do you really think that if he wasn't hitting the right man at least once in awhile, this staff wouldn't shit can him?

:

Comeon, just cause you don't think he is getting to his spots doesn't mean he isn't.
    All it means is you just don't see what he is doing (or isn't) the same way the coaches (or a few of us on here at ppo) see it.

Do you really think hitting the right man once in a while is acceptable?
    Hell, Birk hit the right guy more than once in a while and you harp on him like its your job.
    Williamson caught the ball once in a while.
    I fully believe Tahi won't be a Viking next year.
    And he's done nothing to help his case yet.

"V4L" wrote:
    Lol Marr you and the like 2 people are the only ones who think he doesn't miss or whiff many blocks

You see, thats how rumors start.
    I never said he doesn't miss blocks.
    In fact I think he misses a few more than he should.
    What I keep saying is that ...

a.
    Alot of people don't like him, not cause he misses tackles, but because he isn't seen by them as a viable offensive weapon.

b.
    I wouldn't want to be AD's lead blocker.
    I would look just as silly as Tahi.
    Think about it.
    By the time Tahi gets through to the line AD is making his first cut.
    In most cases, the cat Tahi is lining up to block has the lattitude to cut with AD.
    Tahi, on the other hand, doesn't as he is almost always between OLmen.

Again, I believe that if ole Tahi missed as many blocks as some seem to think on here, the HC would have shitcanned him long ago.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingMike" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=53978.msg1013464#msg1013464 date=1257306135]

Huh?
    Do you really think that if he wasn't hitting the right man at least once in awhile, this staff wouldn't pooh can him?

:

Do you really think hitting the right man once in a while is acceptable?
    Hell, Birk hit the right guy more than once in a while and you harp on him like its your job.
    Williamson caught the ball once in a while.
    I fully believe Tahi won't be a Viking next year.
    And he's done nothing to help his case yet.
    [/quote]
    Does it really matter what I think?
    It really matters what the coaches think. He seems to be still on the team.
    :

Lets stop to think about Birk for a minute.
    You don't think that maybe if I harped on a cat of Matts rep/history with this team, you don't think I would harp on a cat like Tahi if he didn't deserve it.

Gimme a break my friend.
    When a cat isn't playing up to snuff I will hack on him regardless of who the hell he is.

Again, one more time for possible penetration.
    Tahi is doing what is asked of him.
    As soon as people recognize that then they will watch him in a new light.

My job my ass.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

a.
    Alot of people don't like him, not cause he misses tackles, but because he isn't seen by them as a viable offensive weapon.
    I don't think anybody doesn't like him for missed tackles :P

assuming you mean blocks, You would still be incorrect IMO.
    My issue with him is not just his receiving, mainly his blocking.
    Alot of people here keep saying they don't like his blocks.
    If he can't be a good receiver fine, I don't see why we keep throwing to him, but its not his fault they throw to him. My issue with him is he's not good at anything really.
    He's not a good blocker.

Again, I believe that if ole Tahi missed as many blocks as some seem to think on here, the HC would have shitcanned him long ago.

Really?
    TJ missed quite a few throws, Williamson missed quite a few balls, Cook missed quite a few blocks, and it took a long time to bench/cut them.
    Remember Tahi's been here for 2 seasons, Hard to shitcan him long ago when he wasn't here that long ago.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Quite a bold statement, considering 95% of people here, and even the coaches* disagreed.

*as evident by them going after Weaver in the offseason.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

a.
    I don't think anybody doesn't like him for missed tackles :P

assuming you mean blocks, You would still be incorrect IMO.
    My issue with him is not just his receiving, mainly his blocking.
    Alot of people here keep saying they don't like his blocks.
    If he can't be a good receiver fine, I don't see why we keep throwing to him, but its not his fault they throw to him. My issue with him is he's not good at anything really.
    He's not a good blocker.

Really?
    TJ missed quite a few throws, Williamson missed quite a few balls, Cook missed quite a few blocks, and it took a long time to bench/cut them.
    Remember Tahi's been here for 2 seasons, Hard to shitcan him long ago when he wasn't here that long ago.
    You might be right but those cats were given a little to much grace period.
    Lets not forget what was going on with the roster back then.

Now, I think that if a player wasn't cutting it he would be gone.
    Roster is deep and talented enough that they can live with out a guy now.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:

You might be right but those cats were given a little to much grace period.
    one might think Tahi's been given the same thing.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Quite a bold statement, considering 95% of people here, and even the coaches* disagreed.

*as evident by them going after Weaver in the offseason.
    So was Weaver a replacement for Tahi or for Mills?
    Something to think about.
    Mills was brought in for something, my guess, that offensive threat you all craved.

To bad it didn't work out, cause I think Tahi would still be on the roster even if we got Weaver.
    At least something to think about......

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast