Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Tahi is horrible!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    They can't all be Mike Alstott.

Caine
    Or the Fridge...... hmy:
    or Tony Richardson... hmy:
    Back in the day, yes, agree.
    did you miss the post about how much Richardson played this year?
    Reps and Play are two different functions.

I actually watched alot of Jets games this year and Ole Tony was a player that I paid particular attention to my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Interestingly, looking at that same profootballfocus site it shows that Richardson played in 553 snaps last season compared to Tahi's 311. Richardson was second only to Mclain and Polite in snaps, yet, Marrdro argued Richardson hardly played last season with the Jets.

on a side-note....are those stats even remotely correct. I seem to remember Tahi getting a TD last year and it's not on that site.
    two excellent points.

1. Jets use a FB quite a bit (despite Marr saying he watches alot of Jets and they don't.

and 2.
    Tahi scored one receiving TD last year, which PFF doesn't list. Kinda goes against their credibility.
    You need to use the "Recieving" stats Filter.
    None

bsmithberkley wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Interestingly, looking at that same profootballfocus site it shows that Richardson played in 553 snaps last season compared to Tahi's 311. Richardson was second only to Mclain and Polite in snaps, yet, Marrdro argued Richardson hardly played last season with the Jets.

on a side-note....are those stats even remotely correct. I seem to remember Tahi getting a TD last year and it's not on that site.
    two excellent points.

1. Jets use a FB quite a bit (despite Marr saying he watches alot of Jets and they don't.

and 2.
    Tahi scored one receiving TD last year, which PFF doesn't list. Kinda goes against their credibility.
    Bleed struggles with that site.

On a side note, he has used it a couple of times of late so maybe he is warming up to it a bit.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

two excellent points.

and 2.

On a side note, he has used it a couple of times of late so maybe he is warming up to it a bit.
    to clarify, I have no issues with the actual, verifyable stats such as yards, TD's, averages, etc. its their made-up stats, the hazy or borderline stats such as drops, missed tackles, etc. that I have an issue with, because they're clearly wrong at times.

Anybody will tell you, Berrian had more than 3 drops.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

two excellent points.

and 2.

to clarify, I have no issues with the actual, verifyable stats such as yards, TD's, averages, etc. its their made-up stats, the hazy or borderline stats such as drops, missed tackles, etc. that I have an issue with, because they're clearly wrong at times.

If it's on the internet it must be right.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Prophet wrote:

two excellent points.

and 2.

I'm with ya Sam, just didn't want to type all that out.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

bsmithberkley wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    3. With respect to TAHI, if you are going to be a blocking FB you need to be a "Hitter" on every play and execute make blocks, wear down the defense. I keep looking for Tahi's "mean streak" and I don't see it. You have to generate value. He is not a viable run decoy or passing decoy. His only redeeming value is as a "surprise" pass catcher out of the backfield which can only be used sparingly for it to be effective.
    Therein lies the rub. Most on here, even though they won't admit it anymore, want Tahi to be a offensive weapon. Problem is, they just don't use him that way so how is he ever to become a "Valued" player as you mention.......?

The FB position will not go away, but, it would be nice to have a FB that brings more to the game than Tahi.
    Name me a team were the FB is used as a weapon and Weaver doesn't count as that cat stepped in and played RB......
    No rub, I would include a "top end" blocker as a weapon as well.

As for the FB as a weapon, you have the "blocking studs":

Polite MIA
    Mughelli ATL
    Anderson DAL
    Johnson CIN
    Hoover CAR
    McClain BAL

The Guys who Contribute on offense are more limited.

Weaver
    Tolbert
    McClain

Like every starter on the roster, I want them to have the potential to be a standout at his position. Just don't see him being one of those guys.
    I can tell you Polite is a pretty elite FB. He is a great blocker and look at his statistics on 3rd or 4th and short yardage. He is ridiculously awesome! That is the type of FB that any club would want on their team and is considered effective. Tahi is not very effective at all.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Peyton Hillis is also pretty damn good.. Can recieve, run and block

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

bump for marrdro

ejmat wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    bsmithberkley wrote:
    3. With respect to TAHI, if you are going to be a blocking FB you need to be a "Hitter" on every play and execute make blocks, wear down the defense. I keep looking for Tahi's "mean streak" and I don't see it. You have to generate value. He is not a viable run decoy or passing decoy. His only redeeming value is as a "surprise" pass catcher out of the backfield which can only be used sparingly for it to be effective.
    Therein lies the rub. Most on here, even though they won't admit it anymore, want Tahi to be a offensive weapon. Problem is, they just don't use him that way so how is he ever to become a "Valued" player as you mention.......?

The FB position will not go away, but, it would be nice to have a FB that brings more to the game than Tahi.
    Name me a team were the FB is used as a weapon and Weaver doesn't count as that cat stepped in and played RB......
    No rub, I would include a "top end" blocker as a weapon as well.

As for the FB as a weapon, you have the "blocking studs":

Polite MIA
    Mughelli ATL
    Anderson DAL
    Johnson CIN
    Hoover CAR
    McClain BAL

The Guys who Contribute on offense are more limited.

Weaver
    Tolbert
    McClain

Like every starter on the roster, I want them to have the potential to be a standout at his position. Just don't see him being one of those guys.
    I can tell you Polite is a pretty elite FB. He is a great blocker and look at his statistics on 3rd or 4th and short yardage. He is ridiculously awesome! That is the type of FB that any club would want on their team and is considered effective. Tahi is not very effective at all.
    So your definition of effective can be traced to both blocking as well as offensive production then?

Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast