Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Tahi

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    68

    Tahi

    What do you guys think of him? We released Tapeh..Never re-signed Richardson, and now we are stuck with Tahi..

    Do you think Kleinnsaucer should be in at FB?
    Or do you approve of Tahi?
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tahi

    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.

  3. #3
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Tahi

    Garbage

    I see him miss blocks and drop passes every game

  4. #4
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,459

    Re: Tahi

    Tahi has a problem getting out of his funky three point stance quickly.
    He should just go to a set, so he can hit the hole faster.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Tahi

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.


    As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

    And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.
    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Tahi

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.


    As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

    And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.

    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.

    :
    The days of the black belt DB are gone also.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Tahi

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.


    As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

    And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.
    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.
    :
    The days of the black belt DB are gone also.
    I think that the Cover 2 might be on the down slide.


    Teams figured out how to exploit it, adjustments were made and more adjustments followed.
    Teams that are patient and can move the ball consistently without shooting themselves in the foot with penalties can exploit it with long sustained drives that keep your offense off the field.

    Can't put points up if your Cover 2 D can't get off the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Tahi

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.


    As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

    And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.

    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.

    :
    The days of the black belt DB are gone also.
    I think that the Cover 2 might be on the down slide.


    Teams figured out how to exploit it, adjustments were made and more adjustments followed.
    Teams that are patient and can move the ball consistently without shooting themselves in the foot with penalties can exploit it with long sustained drives that keep your offense off the field.

    Can't put points up if your Cover 2 D can't get off the field.
    [size=36pt]Ya Think![/size]

    How many years have we been seeing that happen to us?

    2 5YD passes = 1st down.

    Simple math.

    If I didn't know better, I think you are finally starting to see things my way. Both on offense & defense.

    That's worth a move up a few on the ole spreadsheet.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Tahi

    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.


    As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

    And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.
    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.
    :
    The days of the black belt DB are gone also.
    I think that the Cover 2 might be on the down slide.


    Teams figured out how to exploit it, adjustments were made and more adjustments followed.
    Teams that are patient and can move the ball consistently without shooting themselves in the foot with penalties can exploit it with long sustained drives that keep your offense off the field.

    Can't put points up if your Cover 2 D can't get off the field.
    [size=36pt]Ya Think![/size]

    How many years have we been seeing that happen to us?

    2 5YD passes = 1st down.

    Simple math.

    If I didn't know better, I think you are finally starting to see things my way. Both on offense & defense.

    That's worth a move up a few on the ole spreadsheet.
    Just cause I explain the premise of a scheme doesn't mean I like it.
    :P

    Seriously, find one place were I said I was a huge fan of the Cover 2.
    Without an above average DL and a stellar MLB it just won't work especially if you have a D-coord who is clueless on how to use those players.

    Now the WCO, that is a different story.
    I love it to death and like the variant the Chiller seems to be trying to employ.
    If the players can execute it without making dumb mistakes it will tear a Cover 2 defense up.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: Tahi

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=48696.msg856684#msg856684 date=1224718418]
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

    Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.


    As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

    And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.

    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.

    :
    The days of the black belt DB are gone also.
    I think that the Cover 2 might be on the down slide.


    Teams figured out how to exploit it, adjustments were made and more adjustments followed.
    Teams that are patient and can move the ball consistently without shooting themselves in the foot with penalties can exploit it with long sustained drives that keep your offense off the field.

    Can't put points up if your Cover 2 D can't get off the field.
    [size=36pt]Ya Think![/size]

    How many years have we been seeing that happen to us?

    2 5YD passes = 1st down.

    Simple math.

    If I didn't know better, I think you are finally starting to see things my way. Both on offense & defense.

    That's worth a move up a few on the ole spreadsheet.
    Just cause I explain the premise of a scheme doesn't mean I like it.

    :P

    Seriously, find one place were I said I was a huge fan of the Cover 2.
    Without an above average DL and a stellar MLB it just won't work especially if you have a D-coord who is clueless on how to use those players.

    Now the WCO, that is a different story.
    I love it to death and like the variant the Chiller seems to be trying to employ.
    If the players can execute it without making dumb mistakes it will tear a Cover 2 defense up.
    [/quote]


    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I am a huge fan of the Cover 2. I'm glad these cats finally moved away from the Tampa 2
    :P


    Seriously though. Del put up a nice thread a few months before you started that I know you will like.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=18497.0

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tahi is horrible!
    By gagarr in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 591
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 11:44 AM
  2. Tahi hurt
    By Sajid28 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 11-10-2009, 12:09 PM
  3. How about Tahi?
    By Randy Moss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 11:26 PM
  4. Congratz singersp on the Naufahu Tahi (38) G!!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 01:13 PM
  5. Naufahu Tahi playing many roles
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 12:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •