Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tahi

Tahi

What do you guys think of him? We released Tapeh..Never re-signed Richardson, and now we are stuck with Tahi..

Do you think Kleinnsaucer should be in at FB?
    Or do you approve of Tahi?
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Tahi

Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Garbage

I see him miss blocks and drop passes every game

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Tahi has a problem getting out of his funky three point stance quickly.
    He should just go to a set, so he can hit the hole faster.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Personally I would be in favor of eliminating the fullback and using both the 2 TE formation and the T formation with AD/CT in the backfield at the same time.

Those two formations give us more talent on the field for the defense to have to account for than any formation that uses Tahi.
    What he said.

As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.
    Simply amazes me how that happens around here.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

What he said.

As for Tahi, it appears he is going the way of other players who now replace a fan favorite.
    Be it based on real play/observations or not, he will always suck in their eyes.
    One need only to look at the roster (H-back types) to see that this staff just isn't in the market for the prototypical "Thick Neck" FB and if one were to expand ones vision a bit one would see that the league is that way.

And yet, we still pine for the days of old and the old dudes that used to play that way.

:
    The days of the black belt DB are gone also.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

What he said.

:
    I think that the Cover 2 might be on the down slide.

Teams figured out how to exploit it, adjustments were made and more adjustments followed.
    Teams that are patient and can move the ball consistently without shooting themselves in the foot with penalties can exploit it with long sustained drives that keep your offense off the field.

Can't put points up if your Cover 2 D can't get off the field.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

What he said.

:

Teams figured out how to exploit it, adjustments were made and more adjustments followed.
    Teams that are patient and can move the ball consistently without shooting themselves in the foot with penalties can exploit it with long sustained drives that keep your offense off the field.

[size=36pt]Ya Think![/size]

How many years have we been seeing that happen to us?

2 5YD passes = 1st down.

Simple math.

If I didn't know better, I think you are finally starting to see things my way. Both on offense & defense.

That's worth a move up a few on the ole spreadsheet.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

What he said.

:

2 5YD passes = 1st down.

Simple math.

If I didn't know better, I think you are finally starting to see things my way. Both on offense & defense.

Just cause I explain the premise of a scheme doesn't mean I like it.
    :P

Seriously, find one place were I said I was a huge fan of the Cover 2.
    Without an above average DL and a stellar MLB it just won't work especially if you have a D-coord who is clueless on how to use those players.

Now the WCO, that is a different story.
    I love it to death and like the variant the Chiller seems to be trying to employ.
    If the players can execute it without making dumb mistakes it will tear a Cover 2 defense up.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=UffDaVikes link=topic=48696.msg856684#msg856684 date=1224718418]

What he said.

:

2 5YD passes = 1st down.

Simple math.

Just cause I explain the premise of a scheme doesn't mean I like it.

Seriously, find one place were I said I was a huge fan of the Cover 2.
    Without an above average DL and a stellar MLB it just won't work especially if you have a D-coord who is clueless on how to use those players.

Now the WCO, that is a different story.
    I love it to death and like the variant the Chiller seems to be trying to employ.
    If the players can execute it without making dumb mistakes it will tear a Cover 2 defense up.
    [/quote]

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am a huge fan of the Cover 2. I'm glad these cats finally moved away from the Tampa 2

Seriously though. Del put up a nice thread a few months before you started that I know you will like.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=18497.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast