Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: T-Jack to start against the Dirty Birds

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Bevell will now be able to use sprint outs bootlegs, and slide the pocket to help our o-line against a very good pass rusher in that DE Atlanta has. It's just another option we have now with a mobile QB. Either way you slice it, this is the biggest game of the year with major playoff implications for both teams. I like the dynamic that a mobile QB brings.

Show us you have mature'd TJ, and make Chilldress have a tough decision in the weeks to come.
    No so worried abotu Abrham. He only plays on passing downs. He is ATLs Lance Johnstone.
    I am more worried about the CB blitzs that was used to control the bootleg.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Maybe we can counter them CB blitzes with a flanker screen, or a end around, causing loss of containment on whatever side thy blitz from.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

I'm just excited to hear he is starting.
    I'm not sold he's as good as he performed in the last 1.5 games, but I've backed him from day 1 and will continue to do so.
    I really don't expect him to consistently throw 2-4 TDs and 200+ yards, but as long as we manage to remain in that vicinity I think we'll come out OK as long as our Def continues to play well.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'm not sold he's as good as he performed in the last 1.5 games, but I've backed him from day 1 and will continue to do so.
    I really don't expect him to consistently throw 2-4 TDs and 200+ yards, but as long as we manage to remain in that vicinity I think we'll come out OK as long as our Def continues to play well.
    I agree... I've wanted Jackson in there from the start.

I don't think he'll always throw for multiple TDs, but the fact that he threw for a TD and zero picks against a (winless) team that Ferrotte (who also leads the NFL in picks...) threw 2 picks against , I feel safer with Jackson.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

I don't think he'll always throw for multiple TDs, but the fact that he threw for a TD and zero picks against a (winless) team that Ferrotte (who also leads the NFL in picks...) threw 2 picks against , I feel safer with Jackson.
    I was upset when they benched Jackson after two games.
    I must admit however that after Gus started a few and showed he didn't totally suck (at least at that point), I was more comfortable leaving him in as the starter...mainly because I don't want to play musical QBs.
    Every time Gus went down the past 6 weeks I was hoping and praying that Tjack would be back and finally he's here...and looking much better than I even expected.
    Gus going down to injury was the best possible scenario for everybody, including Gus' ego.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

[size=14pt]Tarvaris Jackson to Start Sunday[/size]
    Sean Jensen of the Pioneer Press reports that Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said Jackson will start Sunday
    against the Falcons and Gus Frerotte will back him up.
    ;D

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Mr" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:

[size=14pt]Tarvaris Jackson to Start Sunday[/size]
    Sean Jensen of the Pioneer Press reports that Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said Jackson will start Sunday
    against the Falcons and Gus Frerotte will back him up.
    ;D
    lol
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Consistency time.
    :-

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

This is gonna be a tought game, but really, we went to az and beat a cardinal team that is giving up less passing and rushing yards than the falcons.
    Again it will be a tough game but we should have them handled by the 3rd quater
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

T-Jack to start against the Dirty Birds
    I think we all know this was obvious.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast