Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Is T-Jack "The Guy?"

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    In my humble opinion ,If the margin of error was bigger for the chiller(14-18) TJ wouldn´t be our starting QB next season(It would be a develop. season behind a Vet Qb who could teach Tarvarias),but reality says this will be a "must" winning season for him and to bring a new Qb would require some learning time even If He is a vet.
    I guess Childress believes TJ
    is the"best" option in a short term despite his carac. rookie errors,bad decisions,mental fragility or non consitant games.

Either way we probably get a vet. second row Qb in FA or a Rookie prospect ,If the A option struggles......
    Were you been hiding?
    ;D

You know I would almost agree with you with one exception here.
    I don't think it is a "Must Win" for the Chiller from the Ownerships standpoint.

I believe they were well aware of the impact that going young/developing a QB this way was gonna cause.
    The only ones that believe that the Chiller is in any kindof danger are guys/gals like us on websites like this and certain local hacks that don't like the Chiller and wish he was gone.

Long story short, our win loss records along with how TJ does next year will have no impact on his job stability.
    (my opinion of course)
    if this coming year isnt a must win, then ownership doesnt have a clue..sharper, winfield (now on and off injuries), pat williams, birk..these guys play prominent roles on this team, and they arent getting any younger..by the time t-jack figures it out, we will have been stripped of some of our most talented players and biggest contributors
    its rumored that this offseason could leave alot of very good players available, and if we dont capitolize on that by trading some of our draft picks and spending the huge amount of left over cap space money then thatd just be another waste of a season like the last 2 have been

wilf is trying to get a stadium deal done with the state, so hed better show us all that hes willing to do whatever he can to put the best football team out on the field
    Every organization has aging Vets on it that may or may not continue to return.
    Yes, the four people you listed are valuable to the organization, but everyone is going to be replaced eventually.
    Sharper and Winfield particularly, even though I like them and hope they are around for a few more years, are replaceable.
    Hell, Winfield was out for several games and we still won most of them.
    Pat would be more difficult to replace, but not impossible.
    Birk, IMHO, is the only one who is hard to replace, and I believe that Cook is being kept around specifically for that reason.

If there are some good names available, then by all names pursue them.
    But never never NEVER break the bank and trade away a lot of draft picks just to acquire a few big names for a "win now" year.
    That often equates to a "lose later" situation.

Instead, I would prefer the front office to continue to build their young players up.
    We are well on our way to building a talented, young core of players.
    And that, while often takes longer to get to a winning record, also translates into more long term success.
    I want the Vikings to be the next dynasty.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    In my humble opinion ,If the margin of error was bigger for the chiller(14-18) TJ wouldn´t be our starting QB next season(It would be a develop. season behind a Vet Qb who could teach Tarvarias),but reality says this will be a "must" winning season for him and to bring a new Qb would require some learning time even If He is a vet.
    is the"best" option in a short term despite his carac. rookie errors,bad decisions,mental fragility or non consitant games.

Either way we probably get a vet. second row Qb in FA or a Rookie prospect ,If the A option struggles......
    Were you been hiding?

;D

I don't think it is a "Must Win" for the Chiller from the Ownerships standpoint.

I believe they were well aware of the impact that going young/developing a QB this way was gonna cause.
    The only ones that believe that the Chiller is in any kindof danger are guys/gals like us on websites like this and certain local hacks that don't like the Chiller and wish he was gone.

Long story short, our win loss records along with how TJ does next year will have no impact on his job stability.
    (my opinion of course)
    if this coming year isnt a must win, then ownership doesnt have a clue..sharper, winfield (now on and off injuries), pat williams, birk..these guys play prominent roles on this team, and they arent getting any younger..by the time t-jack figures it out, we will have been stripped of some of our most talented players and biggest contributors
    its rumored that this offseason could leave alot of very good players available, and if we dont capitolize on that by trading some of our draft picks and spending the huge amount of left over cap space money then thatd just be another waste of a season like the last 2 have been

wilf is trying to get a stadium deal done with the state, so hed better show us all that hes willing to do whatever he can to put the best football team out on the field
    Yes, the four people you listed are valuable to the organization, but everyone is going to be replaced eventually.
    Sharper and Winfield particularly, even though I like them and hope they are around for a few more years, are replaceable.
    Birk, IMHO, is the only one who is hard to replace, and I believe that Cook is being kept around specifically for that reason.

But never never NEVER break the bank and trade away a lot of draft picks just to acquire a few big names for a "win now" year.

Instead, I would prefer the front office to continue to build their young players up.
    And that, while often takes longer to get to a winning record, also translates into more long term success.
    Why do you articulate the same thought I have so much better.

Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

JellyBean2144 is offline Pro-Bowler

We gotta let the guy grow. He will be ok. I trust that T-Jack will get better. Remember, people questioned Bill Belichick
    back when they had Drew Bledose and some dude named...Tom Brady. Drew went down with an injury (I think) Tom stepped in and the rest is history.

Will T-Jack be the next Tom Brady? It would be great, but I just want T-Jack to be "T-Jack." He will be fine as our QB. And if we go a different route, the next QB will be fine. We just gotta throw our support behind these guys and cheer them on.

T-Jack is the QB.

Frostbite is offline Coach

Well...can't speak for the diatant future about T. Jack but I think it's safe to say he's our QB for the 08 season. Can he keep the starting job? Who's going to challenge him for it? Nobody currently on the roster. Assuming we pick up a FA QB (Not Much Out There) or trade for a Vet QB in the off-season (also possible) Tarvaris looks to be in a win/win situation. He basically controls his own destiny from the start of TC. The starting job is his until he looses it.

Could he be the future guy?? Lot of question marks remain about this. Actual skill level/Tallent...Durability...Mechcanics....Learning Curve...and consistancy are still all viable issues at this point. I think Childress has made his position pretty clear on the matter as well. We should be hoping for the best from him in 08. I know I am still on the fence about his long term contribution to the team. Can he be a leader? Can he lead by example and motivate others? Does he have good chemistry with others in the organization as a whole, and especially with his team mates?

Is he willing to be dedicated and work hard in the off-season to come in with the mental tuffness, and concentration needed to show improvements, that would begin to show the type of performance needed to take a team beyond the regular season?

Will adding some key personnel help him, especially a savy WR? Personally I am anxious to see T.Jack at the start of the 08 season. I think a lot of these questions will be on the way to having answers.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Were you been hiding?

;D

(my opinion of course)

theyre still prospects and we have no idea how good they will eventually be..by saying that, you are assuming that eric frampton totally replces sharper, mccauley replaces winfield, some schmo replaces pat williams, and jack sparrow replaces matt birk..these arent average joes that i listed, sharper is probably the best safety in the nfl in the past 10 years, winfield has played at a pro bowl level without getting fan votes, pat williams single handedly turned this run defense completely around, and matt birk has been a top 3 center in the nfl nearly his entire career..if you really think these guys can simply be replaced like nothing by simply developing late round draft picks then you are expecting wayyyy too much from this coaching staff

everybody eventually gets replaced, yes, but theres no guarentee at all that the replacements are half as good as the vets we currently have

we have an elite running game, and an elite run stopping defense..we got within a win of the playoffs with absolutely no passing game, and nearly no passing defense..if we balanced those things out by spending the money for a great passing offense and pass defense, this is a superbowl contending football team without a doubt

i understand your point of view, but the fact is, theres no guarentee that you find or develop guys that get any better at their positions than pat williams, darren sharper, matt birk, antoine winfield

i want a dynasty too, but id take 2-3 years of being a championship contender over sitting around watching the veterans play their asses off just to get held back because we choose to throw young inexpensive guys into the fire at quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver and defensive end
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"JellyBean2144" wrote:
    We gotta let the guy grow. He will be ok. I trust that T-Jack will get better. Remember, people questioned Bill Belichick
    back when they had Drew Bledose and some dude named...Tom Brady. Drew went down with an injury (I think) Tom stepped in and the rest is history.

Will T-Jack be the next Tom Brady? It would be great, but I just want T-Jack to be "T-Jack." He will be fine as our QB. And if we go a different route, the next QB will be fine. We just gotta throw our support behind these guys and cheer them on.

T-Jack is the QB.
    he can grow, but why does he have to grow by being out on the field holding the rest of the team back?

you said for yourself "he will be okay. i trust that t-jack will get better"..he will be okay at some point down the road, but he certainly isnt okay right now..he certainly didnt really improve this year, especially since his last 2 games were a couple of his worst of the year, so hes certainly not getting better..im sure he eventually will be better and will some day be capable of competing for a starting job, but until then, get a veteran whether it be donovan mcnabb, derek anderson, or even chad pennington for all i care..just get somebody that is clearly better that can give us a chance to win games until jackson can outright win the job back

its a win/win for the organization/tarvaris jackson/and the fans..we put somebody out there capable of more than 2000 yards and 9 TDs a season which gives us a chance to win while we wait til jackson can play at this level
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:

T-Jack is the QB.
    he can grow, but why does he have to grow by being out on the field holding the rest of the team back?

you said for yourself "he will be okay. i trust that t-jack will get better"..he will be okay at some point down the road, but he certainly isnt okay right now..he certainly didnt really improve this year, especially since his last 2 games were a couple of his worst of the year, so hes certainly not getting better..im sure he eventually will be better and will some day be capable of competing for a starting job, but until then, get a veteran whether it be donovan mcnabb, derek anderson, or even chad pennington for all i care..just get somebody that is clearly better that can give us a chance to win games until jackson can outright win the job back

its a win/win for the organization/tarvaris jackson/and the fans..we put somebody out there capable of more than 2000 yards and 9 TDs a season which gives us a chance to win while we wait til jackson can play at this level
    Holding the team back? He had a winning record dude, the guy was winning games.

Your f*cking hilarious olson, "somebody that gives us a chance to win". Uhhhh he was winning games.

I think Tarvaris Jackson has done well with the situation he has been put into. Sometimes guys get thrown into a superbowl situation, brady or ben for example. Jackson's path is much rougher, its comes with alot of offesnive line break downs, WR break downs and coaching break downs. Yet the guy keeps his composure and continues to work hard, and he hardly panics. I'm not crowning Tarvaris here, he's got alot to prove especailly in nationally televised games, if he can't win those then it don't even matter.

As we continue to add more weapons at WR Jackson he will become more confident that they can catch his nice deep balls. The offensive line cannot have break downs, the end of season was a break down believe it or not, we just where not run blocking period. The Bears game, the Chargers game we blocked those 8 and nine man fronts that we faced.

Bottom line if the offensive line can be consistent and we can get this guys some WR's we will be very explosive. Tarvaris is one of better running QB's in the league and thats exiting and dangerous.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:

T-Jack is the QB.

Your f*cking hilarious olson, "somebody that gives us a chance to win". Uhhhh he was winning games.

I think Tarvaris Jackson has done well with the situation he has been put into. Sometimes guys get thrown into a superbowl situation, brady or ben for example. Jackson's path is much rougher, its comes with alot of offesnive line break downs, WR break downs and coaching break downs. Yet the guy keeps his composure and continues to work hard, and he hardly panics. I'm not crowning Tarvaris here, he's got alot to prove especailly in nationally televised games, if he can't win those then it don't even matter.

As we continue to add more weapons at WR Jackson he will become more confident that they can catch his nice deep balls. The offensive line cannot have break downs, the end of season was a break down believe it or not, we just where not run blocking period. The Bears game, the Chargers game we blocked those 8 and nine man fronts that we faced.

Bottom line if the offensive line can be consistent and we can get this guys some WR's we will be very explosive. Tarvaris is one of better running QB's in the league and thats exiting and dangerous.
    I'm glad to see we agree on this one Tw.
    You are correct on every point IMO.
    1 out of 3 ain't bad 8)
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"olson_10" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Were you been hiding?

;D

(my opinion of course)

theyre still prospects and we have no idea how good they will eventually be..by saying that, you are assuming that eric frampton totally replces sharper, mccauley replaces winfield, some schmo replaces pat williams, and jack sparrow replaces matt birk..these arent average joes that i listed, sharper is probably the best safety in the nfl in the past 10 years, winfield has played at a pro bowl level without getting fan votes, pat williams single handedly turned this run defense completely around, and matt birk has been a top 3 center in the nfl nearly his entire career..if you really think these guys can simply be replaced like nothing by simply developing late round draft picks then you are expecting wayyyy too much from this coaching staff

everybody eventually gets replaced, yes, but theres no guarentee at all that the replacements are half as good as the vets we currently have

we have an elite running game, and an elite run stopping defense..we got within a win of the playoffs with absolutely no passing game, and nearly no passing defense..if we balanced those things out by spending the money for a great passing offense and pass defense, this is a superbowl contending football team without a doubt

i understand your point of view, but the fact is, theres no guarentee that you find or develop guys that get any better at their positions than pat williams, darren sharper, matt birk, antoine winfield

i want a dynasty too, but id take 2-3 years of being a championship contender over sitting around watching the veterans play their dimply buttocks off just to get held back because we choose to throw young inexpensive guys into the fire at quarterback, cornerback, wide receiver and defensive end
    And yet the teams that seem to always win seem to always have those guys waiting in the wings.

Look it is a crap shoot when it comes to drafting for the future but it is also a crap shoot when you bring in a Vet by giving up picks (your future) and spending huge amounts on one guy to the point you can't afford to have any depth behind him.

The right way to do it is to equip your front office with the right mix of scouts who can go out and actually scout the college ranks for the type of players you need.

Draft those players wisely, add a few undrafted FA that might slip through the cracks and then add Vet FA's if you have a hole were that a guy(s) might not work out.

To sit there and worry that all will be lost as the great players on this team age and say that the sky is falling is as I said earlier a old way of thinking when it comes to the way things were done around Winter Park.

We now have seen 2 pretty good drafts with almost every player starting or stepping in as a rotation guy or stepping up when someone (i.e Winfield) that can't be replaced goes down.
    We have seen the staff resign the best talent and let the malcontents go.
    We have seen them be frugal with thier CAP spending in an era when almost every team has money to resign thier best players and the only ones available are the discards and malcontents.

You go ahead and sit there and claim the sky is falling because you can only remember the days of poor drafting and FA signings and worry that the stars of this team are getting old and we will suck when they go.

I will sit here and watch a front office provide stability, fresh new talent and a clear vision for the future that currently is getting brighter every year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "JellyBean2144" wrote:

T-Jack is the QB.

Jelly and TW have it right.
    Great posts guys.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast