Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Is T-Jack "The Guy?"

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I say consider any alternatives that come along, but be prepared to go into 2008 with TJack as our starter again.
    There just are not many viable options at the QB position.

There are some, to be sure - Anderson, Lossman, etc.
    But the front office needs to consider what price they will come at, and whether or not they would be a solution or a band aid.
    If we do bring someone is, it would be to compete for the starting job with TJack, so even with a QB acquisition we could still see TJack under center in August.
    I've resolved myself to that fact and have almost convinced myself that it is a good thing/smart move by the staff to have suffered through the growing pains.

I hope that the pain is justified with significant improvement next year my friend.
    I actually agree with ya Marr (someone check the weather reports, I hear hell froze over). I'm glad they stuck with T-Jack, considering the other options. I feel like he has a lot of promise and I'm (believe it or not) hopeful that he's our starter next year.

I was talking to a Steelers fan the other day and he was saying that T-Jack has got to go, and I couldn't understand his logic. I know TJ's numbers aren't too far off from Rothlesburger's during his first season.

Anyways, give the kid one more year. Let the team develop as a unit.

Fire Childress.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I say consider any alternatives that come along, but be prepared to go into 2008 with TJack as our starter again.
    There just are not many viable options at the QB position.

There are some, to be sure - Anderson, Lossman, etc.
    But the front office needs to consider what price they will come at, and whether or not they would be a solution or a band aid.
    If we do bring someone is, it would be to compete for the starting job with TJack, so even with a QB acquisition we could still see TJack under center in August.
    I've resolved myself to that fact and have almost convinced myself that it is a good thing/smart move by the staff to have suffered through the growing pains.

I hope that the pain is justified with significant improvement next year my friend.
    I actually agree with ya Marr (someone check the weather reports, I hear hell froze over). I'm glad they stuck with T-Jack, considering the other options. I feel like he has a lot of promise and I'm (believe it or not) hopeful that he's our starter next year.

I was talking to a Steelers fan the other day and he was saying that T-Jack has got to go, and I couldn't understand his logic. I know TJ's numbers aren't too far off from Rothlesburger's during his first season.

Anyways, give the kid one more year. Let the team develop as a unit.

Fire Childress.
    Your just trying to crack me up today aren't you.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"Garland" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    ...only 937 more new threads addressing this topic before opening kickoff 2008!
    Ditto How many more do we need asking the exact same thing? ???
    ^^^^
    \/\/\/\/

SEASON

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We can't decide this at this time.
    I say we bring in a real vet( Billy Volek looked preety good) to compete for the starting Job.
    If TJack wins he wins. If he doesn't he serves as our # two and gains valueable experience playing under a vet. When the vet faulters or gets hurt, he will then be ready to play and won't throw jump passes.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I say we bring in a real vet( Billy Volek looked preety good) to compete for the starting Job.
    If TJack wins he wins. If he doesn't he serves as our # two and gains valueable experience playing under a vet. When the vet faulters or gets hurt, he will then be ready to play and won't throw jump passes.
    Hey we could also ensure that the OL gives him a pocket with clear passing lanes so he does't have to jump up in the air to try to throw over them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Hey we could also ensure that the OL gives him a pocket with clear passing lanes so he does't have to jump up in the air to try to throw over them.
    Sure, I think the oline played great in some games and average in other games. The problem is due to his abilities at a Qb at this time, the Oline was under heavy pressure the entire game. No online would be able to sustain a perfect pocket every down when constantly blitzed. It's a catch 22. When you give the sharks blood, it only attracts more sharks. Jackson, showed that he was not yet an NFL level Qb and this attracted defenses to play the pass on the way to the run, which then put pressue on jackson and the oline while shutting down our running game.

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

In my humble opinion ,If the margin of error was bigger for the chiller(14-18) TJ wouldn´t be our starting QB next season(It would be a develop. season behind a Vet Qb who could teach Tarvarias),but reality says this will be a "must" winning season for him and to bring a new Qb would require some learning time even If He is a vet.
    I guess Childress believes TJ
    is the"best" option in a short term despite his carac. rookie errors,bad decisions,mental fragility or non consitant games.

Either way we probably get a vet. second row Qb in FA or a Rookie prospect ,If the A option struggles......
    El underdog.

"El" wrote:
    In my humble opinion ,If the margin of error was bigger for the chiller(14-18) TJ wouldn´t be our starting QB next season(It would be a develop. season behind a Vet Qb who could teach Tarvarias),but reality says this will be a "must" winning season for him and to bring a new Qb would require some learning time even If He is a vet.
    is the"best" option in a short term despite his carac. rookie errors,bad decisions,mental fragility or non consitant games.

Either way we probably get a vet. second row Qb in FA or a Rookie prospect ,If the A option struggles......
    Were you been hiding?
    ;D

You know I would almost agree with you with one exception here.
    I don't think it is a "Must Win" for the Chiller from the Ownerships standpoint.

I believe they were well aware of the impact that going young/developing a QB this way was gonna cause.
    The only ones that believe that the Chiller is in any kindof danger are guys/gals like us on websites like this and certain local hacks that don't like the Chiller and wish he was gone.

Long story short, our win loss records along with how TJ does next year will have no impact on his job stability.
    (my opinion of course)

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Were you been hiding?

;D

I don't think it is a "Must Win" for the Chiller from the Ownerships standpoint.

I believe they were well aware of the impact that going young/developing a QB this way was gonna cause.
    The only ones that believe that the Chiller is in any kindof danger are guys/gals like us on websites like this and certain local hacks that don't like the Chiller and wish he was gone.

Long story short, our win loss records along with how TJ does next year will have no impact on his job stability.
    (my opinion of course)
    if this coming year isnt a must win, then ownership doesnt have a clue..sharper, winfield (now on and off injuries), pat williams, birk..these guys play prominent roles on this team, and they arent getting any younger..by the time t-jack figures it out, we will have been stripped of some of our most talented players and biggest contributors

its rumored that this offseason could leave alot of very good players available, and if we dont capitolize on that by trading some of our draft picks and spending the huge amount of left over cap space money then thatd just be another waste of a season like the last 2 have been

wilf is trying to get a stadium deal done with the state, so hed better show us all that hes willing to do whatever he can to put the best football team out on the field
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "El" wrote:

Were you been hiding?

;D

(my opinion of course)
    if this coming year isnt a must win, then ownership doesnt have a clue..sharper, winfield (now on and off injuries), pat williams, birk..these guys play prominent roles on this team, and they arent getting any younger..by the time t-jack figures it out, we will have been stripped of some of our most talented players and biggest contributors
    its rumored that this offseason could leave alot of very good players available, and if we dont capitolize on that by trading some of our draft picks and spending the huge amount of left over cap space money then thatd just be another waste of a season like the last 2 have been

wilf is trying to get a stadium deal done with the state, so hed better show us all that hes willing to do whatever he can to put the best football team out on the field
    See that is a old mindset that just doesn't apply with this organization anymore.

When a team can resign thier quality vets, draft well and use FA wisely to fix other holes you should never have to worry about all your "Star" players aging and going away with the end result of the team sucking after they are gone.

If they are doing thier job wisely they will always have someone waiting in the wings incase one of those guys goes down, retires or leaves for a bigger salary.

Long story short, good players come and go.
    What a organization does to limit that impact is what is the key to ensuring that we have a winning organization.

Additionally, I am not sure what rumors you are listening to but the FA market this year is gonna be even worse than last years.
    If you think this organization is gonna take the Redskin way of trading away most of thier draft picks and using all of thier CAP on over priced, plan B FA's then you need to go look for another team to cheer for as you will be dissapointed again this year.

Look for them to draft wisely, chase a WR/DE and possibly a backup QB in the market this year my friend.

And guess what, as I said above, the ownership group is well aware of the plan not only for this year but for follow on years as well.
    Long story short, the Chillers job is not in question unless you are a local sports hack that doesn't like him because he isn't free with info or a Vikings fan who can't see what the organization is trying to build here.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast