Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Is T-Jack "The Guy?"

http://min.scout.com/2/720177.html
    The daily questions about the future of Tarvaris Jackson has led to speculation that the Vikings will look elsewhere for a starter. If the playoff teams and their QB situations mean anything, the Vikings may have to look at the draft to find a long-term answer if T-Jack isn't "the guy" for Brad Childress' offense...
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Is T-Jack "The Guy?"

It may force the hand, not this off season but next off season.
    We will see!

MindFreak is offline Starter

Just get him 1 more legit receiving weapon, coupled with a healthy Rice, and the best run game in the NFL and he should be fine next year. If we get him another weapon and he still looks lost out there, then it's time to move on
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

...only 937 more new threads addressing this topic before opening kickoff 2008!
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Very nice read my friend.
    Couple of comments.

Define groom.

Does that mean let him sit on the bench and learn over time watching/practicing so the fans don't beeeyyyyatccchh cause we loose a few games or is it to let him learn on the field through experience with the understanding that you can't set your expectations to high for a kid while he is learing under the "thrown to the wolves method" ?

Seems to me that both process take time.

Under the bench scenario you would/will still have that little thing nagging question in the back of your head of "What will he do under real game situations"? Will all the time I spent in practice help him under those conditiions.

The only problems I see associated with watching him learn on the field vice holding a clipboard is that when he does bad the whole world sees his errors right along with you and the staff.
    You sure will figure out alot quicker if the kid has the stuff.
    Only problem is the one I worry about the most and that is to find out that you've ruined the kids physique by throwing him to the wolves.

Although that is a serious concern I don't think it is warranted with TJ.
    Seems he has been able to handle the highs and lows with a pretty even/good attitude.

It would seem that the plan for a successful quarterback – at least as it pertained to 2007 success – was one of two things. First was to take a quarterback with a premium first-round pick. Short of that, the blueprint for success centered on taking a mid-round or late-round quarterback and grooming him for an extended period of time.
    .......at least not yet.
    I sure the hell hope next year is yet.
    I think it will be.
    Truth be told and I've fessed up to it in a couple of threads.
    He played better than I thought he would this year and I haven't really seen the pressure crack him as some thought it would.

The days of making due with quarterbacks that are sub-par just doesn’t cut it in the NFL anymore. With the emphasis on passing that has emerged in recent years, having a field general is of primary importance and, at this point, it doesn’t look like T-Jack is that guy…at least not yet.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MindFreak is offline Starter

"Prophet" wrote:
    I'll take the over
    ;D
    You can't be let down if you don't expect the world

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I say consider any alternatives that come along, but be prepared to go into 2008 with TJack as our starter again.
    There just are not many viable options at the QB position.

There are some, to be sure - Anderson, Lossman, etc.
    But the front office needs to consider what price they will come at, and whether or not they would be a solution or a band aid.
    If we do bring someone is, it would be to compete for the starting job with TJack, so even with a QB acquisition we could still see TJack under center in August.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Deja vu

He is "The Guy" to start the opening game of 2008.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I say consider any alternatives that come along, but be prepared to go into 2008 with TJack as our starter again.
    There just are not many viable options at the QB position.

There are some, to be sure - Anderson, Lossman, etc.
    But the front office needs to consider what price they will come at, and whether or not they would be a solution or a band aid.
    If we do bring someone is, it would be to compete for the starting job with TJack, so even with a QB acquisition we could still see TJack under center in August.
    I've resolved myself to that fact and have almost convinced myself that it is a good thing/smart move by the staff to have suffered through the growing pains.

I hope that the pain is justified with significant improvement next year my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    Ditto How many more do we need asking the exact same thing? ???

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast