Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73
  1. #1
    SharperImage's Avatar
    SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,728

    T-Jack good or bad?

    lets
    see
    10/23 130 yards 0TD 0INT.. that doesnt sound good. even tho he diddnt throw no picks, he threw no TD's. what do we do about this

  2. #2
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    Where did you get your stats?
    I've got
    20/38 for 225.
    Either way not confidence inspiring.
    I remain optimistic because,
    ummm, it's too late not to and he'll learn on the job hopefully.

  3. #3
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,877

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    Too early to tell.
    He is a project and has a lot of growing to do, bigger question, is how many mistakes/turnovers will he make in the progress.

    Also, you can't put the lack of TD throws solely on his shoulders.
    You have to have plays, players and field position to have the opportunity.
    Even if he has a solid year, I wouldn't look for a lot of TD passes, just hopeful he keeps it higher than the INT number.
    I'll take 15 TD's and 5 INT's over 30 TD's and 40 INT's.

    A better way to judge his effectiveness will be is how many times does an offensive series lead to a score, how much time do they take off the clock during a game, how many 3 and outs, how many turnovers does he create.... or the final score

  4. #4
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    lets
    see
    10/23 130 yards 0TD 0INT.. that doesnt sound good. even tho he diddnt throw no picks, he threw no TD's. what do we do about this
    We neither succumb nor contribute to the Chicken Little uprising.
    Predicting is surely ok at this point, however, judging is silly.
    We defer to a much more qualified judge of talent and coach.
    At least until the sky is falling.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  5. #5
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    I just want him to manage the game.
    I think our running backs will help us a lot.
    I believe he will throw some nice passes but not many TDs.
    Our running backs will have the bulk of them. He will be ok. I just want very few mistakes.
    And of course our special teams to pull their head out of their .......

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    "SharperImage" wrote:
    lets
    see
    10/23 130 yards 0TD 0INT.. that doesnt sound good. even tho he diddnt throw no picks, he threw no TD's. what do we do about this
    Last year, Tarvaris looked "lights out" in the pre-season.
    And when he got into real games, he looked horrendous.

    That should tell you all you need to know about extrapolating pre-season to the regular season.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    TJ and our offense only needs to be average in order for us to win games this year.
    I think that is an attainable goal for them right now.


    Last night, however, I was a little disappointed.
    Not in his play (which was not great), but in the fact that he looked like he knew all week long that he was only going to play one series, and the starting job was his regardless.
    I would have liked to see a little more effort, especially in the last game before a home opener that still isn't sold out.
    The crowd could have used something to get excited about...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    What I have seen so far from T-Jacks:

    - Panic in the pocket
    - Very inaccurate throws
    - A deep ball that was totally underthrown, allowing the coverage to almost pick it off
    - A throw into the flat so late and inaccurate, it was almost picked off for 6

    I have very serious doubts that Tarvaris can make it in the NFL. He doesn't seem to have the attributes you need (calm in the pocket, accuracy, zippy, tight throws into the "window", reading the pressure and reacting, etc.). I see a guy who has a cannon arm, but no accuracy.

  9. #9
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    lets
    see
    10/23 130 yards 0TD 0INT.. that doesnt sound good. even tho he diddnt throw no picks, he threw no TD's. what do we do about this
    Last year, Tarvaris looked "lights out" in the pre-season.
    And when he got into real games, he looked horrendous.

    That should tell you all you need to know about extrapolating pre-season to the regular season.

    =Z=
    Maybe the local station should have dubbed in last years preseason instead and passed it off as this years preseason.
    LOL!


  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: T-Jack good or bad?

    "StillPurple" wrote:
    What I have seen so far from T-Jacks:

    - Panic in the pocket
    - Very inaccurate throws
    - A deep ball that was totally underthrown, allowing the coverage to almost pick it off
    - A throw into the flat so late and inaccurate, it was almost picked off for 6

    I have very serious doubts that Tarvaris can make it in the NFL. He doesn't seem to have the attributes you need (calm in the pocket, accuracy, zippy, tight throws into the "window", reading the pressure and reacting, etc.). I see a guy who has a cannon arm, but no accuracy.
    You see only what you want to see.

    Panic in the pocket?
    Are you serious?
    Your arguments against TJack would have a little more merit if you at least tried to come up with something that resembled real life.
    You can talk about his accuracy or you can talk about his decision to throw to the flat yesterday (which was actually very accurate, just a bad decision because of where the defender was positioned).
    But as soon as you say something like "Panic in the Pocket" you completely lose all credibility because that is the one thing that TJack hasn't show us.
    Even in the Seattle game, where the defense came after him with everything he didn't panic.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good Woman-Good Man-Solid Family-Courage Abundant
    By Infidel in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 08:47 PM
  2. (MERGED) GOOD BYE T-JACK
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 08:12 PM
  3. T-Jack Sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 07:14 PM
  4. T-Jack sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 10:51 AM
  5. T-Jack Sig
    By Braddock in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 03:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •