Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Good... not great... too many Vikings fans are willing to settle for mediocrity.

I guess it's too much to ask for a great team.
    "Settle." Hmmmmmm...if I may. We fans cheer, root, yell, display passion, argue, analyze, and invest time and money. If Coaches, Owners, General Managers, settle for mediocrity, by the nature of business, they lose their jobs.

With respect, we fans support.....regardless of success, that's what a fan is/does. Coaches and Management, work to win and provide we fans with a great "product." We fans choose how we spend our time and money, our livelihood is not defined by the success of our favorite Team, at least I would hope as such. My point is simple.........we can debate all day long, and, per PP.O, we can get trivial and sophomoric about the debate; but, we are fans, and not even close to being accountable.

Fans don't settle, we have opinions, points of view, perspectives, money. Our ultimate vote, in the grand scheme of the NFL is our money. Now, don't mistake my point for a guy that has "settled." I just am a fan who is trying to support my Team. To be clear, if I were Shiancoe, and I felt the rest of PP.O mailed it in...I would call you out too... If We Fans participate by going to games and buying shit when our Team sucks, I guess you could argue that we are settling for mediocrity. But, that argument is flawed due to the fact that those are our most impactful ways to support our Team. So, stopping to go to games, and buy shit (merchandise, NFL Sunday Ticket) is not something I will do, as a fan. Am I happy the Vikes are 2-12? FUCK NO. Do I have many opinions? FUCK YES.

I hope that being a fan of the Vikes, who, BY THE WAY, has been through more than the majority of you, is not 'settling."

Ownership and Players, in the real world of work or get fired, settle. We fans settle with our checkbook.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Fans Settle when they don't agree with the direction of the team but still support the team with their checkbook at the same rate they do when the team is winning and doing what they want them to.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Fans Settle when they don't agree with the direction of the team but still support the team with their checkbook at the same rate they do when the team is winning and doing what they want them to.
    I only buy playoff tickets when the team is doing well, I hope that doesn't make me a fairweather fan.
    Last edited by jmcdon00; 12-21-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Lol

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    A more succinct way of saying exactly what I did...

So, is the suggestion a mutiny? A boycott? Should I cancel Sunday Ticket and buy an iPad? Maybe None of us should buy our kids a Harvin, Peterson, Ponder, or Allen jersey for Christmas?

Or, Is the answer constant complaining, criticizing, second guessing? See PP.O.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    This is now officially the Purple thread. (see all prior posts)
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456