Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Sweet Jesus....Reggie gets the flag lowered?!

"ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    I was reading the following article about Walter Payton, it said:

"Outside the church, 10 American flags flew at half-staff, while a flag with the number 34, and another with the Chicago Bears logo, flew high. "

http://www.dailyherald.com/special/payton/payton28.htm

How dare they fly a Bears flag at church for a football player! :roll:

End of sarcasm
    Ending the sarcasm?? It was just beginning!! :-)
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

ArizonaPackerFan is offline Training Camp

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    "ArizonaPackerFan" wrote:
    I was reading the following article about Walter Payton, it said:

"Outside the church, 10 American flags flew at half-staff, while a flag with the number 34, and another with the Chicago Bears logo, flew high. "

http://www.dailyherald.com/special/payton/payton28.htm

How dare they fly a Bears flag at church for a football player! :roll:

End of sarcasm
    Ending the sarcasm?? It was just beginning!! :-)

Vikadelic is offline Starter

F@#$ you and any other flag waving freaks that confuse a piece of cloth with reality. My Lord! Isn't there more to life than holding a piece of cloth up as a Deity. It is a freaking PIECE OF CLOTH. When my brother died in Somalia, I can guarantee you that he wasn't thinking about Old Glory. He was thinking about making it home to his family in the greatest country on earth.

The flag is nothing but a symbol. Allowing it to become the centerpiece for arguement over whom or when it should be lowered is complete nonsense. I have a strong feeling that if Reggie White would have been a Viking, many of the complainers would not exist on this site.

Stop worrying about the minutia in life. The entire NFL has lost a legendary player. If the Paqueer fans want to honor a very important person to their organization this way, so be it.

"Vikadelic" wrote:
    ..Allowing it to become the centerpiece for arguement over whom or when it should be lowered is complete nonsense.....
    I agree. I'm not a big fan of political correctness. It might be legally wrong, but to me it's morally right. I don't have a problem with it if it's the Packers, Bears, Vikings, or anyone else who lowers the flag half-staff.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks for the insightful contribution noob.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I'm not sure if I see following the flag code as being politically correct. Its more along the lines of patriotism.

But, again, I'm not particularly opinionated on it. Certainly not as much as the :sign2: .
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I'm not sure if I see following the flag code as being politically correct. Its more along the lines of patriotism.

But, again, I'm not particularly opinionated on it. Certainly not as much as the :sign2: .
    If the joined date is correct, it says I was a member before you. I just happened to stumble on this thread while looking for BigDogBovey to see if he is still around.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikadelic" wrote:
    F@#$ you and any other flag waving freaks that confuse a piece of cloth with reality. My Lord! Isn't there more to life than holding a piece of cloth up as a Deity. It is a freaking PIECE OF CLOTH. When my brother died in Somalia, I can guarantee you that he wasn't thinking about Old Glory. He was thinking about making it home to his family in the greatest country on earth.

The flag is nothing but a symbol. Allowing it to become the centerpiece for arguement over whom or when it should be lowered is complete nonsense. I have a strong feeling that if Reggie White would have been a Viking, many of the complainers would not exist on this site.

Stop worrying about the minutia in life. The entire NFL has lost a legendary player. If the Paqueer fans want to honor a very important person to their organization this way, so be it.
    Ok buddy, fellow Vik fan who never posts except now! You really brilliant! Just a piece of cloth? Say that to a Vietnam Vet or somebody who actually cares what the flag stands for. This is the problem with a lot of the youth today. They do not have a grasp of what the American flag stands for and what it represents. I am done posting in this thread. If somebody ever said that to me face...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456