Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Sweet Jesus....Reggie gets the flag lowered?!

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    The Packers have had a tradition of doing this over the past few years.

This hypersensitivity is insane. It's better to not recognize somebody because everyone can't be?

If this was not a Packer, would this issue even be on the board? I doubt it.

Also, why the anger over it? Doesn't it show the greed of our society today? If someone wants to lower their flag to honor someone, let them!

Aren't there other things to waste energy on???
    Actually, dude, this issue is getting a lot of press on the GB radio stations, Packer message boards, and other Packer places. And its equally (if not moreso) intense there. Big debatey thing.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

oh I know, I hear it too, and I think the whole issue is just a waste of peoples time... Considering the news out of Asia and Iraq, to freak over the lower of a flag to show respect...

think of it for a second...
    3 Straight Division Champs

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    The Packers have had a tradition of doing this over the past few years.

This hypersensitivity is insane. It's better to not recognize somebody because everyone can't be?

If this was not a Packer, would this issue even be on the board? I doubt it.

Also, why the anger over it? Doesn't it show the greed of our society today? If someone wants to lower their flag to honor someone, let them!

Aren't there other things to waste energy on???
    If this was not a Packer it would not be on the board, DUH! We are not taking anything away from RW, but there are others who are more deserving. I am a Veteran, and I doubt I will have that honor. What about the family in GB who has lost a servicemember, where is the public display of gratitude and sorrow for their loved one?

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Hey, im not saying I agree with it. I don't. Period. But I dont think it deserves the press, nor the hard feelings it is getting. I just think there are far bigger battles to fight. This one is a little one people think they have some control over... thats the problem...
    3 Straight Division Champs

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think it was just an error by the packers. Lower the packer flag or something else to honor White. I guess I don't have a opinion either way. Should there be all this comotion on the subject, probably not, but I can see how other people may be offended by it.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    Complete BS IMHO. Lower it when OJ dies too... he was great on the field.
    Reggie was also great off the field
    I feel saddened about his loss for those that loved him, and think he was way to young to go. Can't argue about him on the field, having personally met him on many occasions I can say that I didn't like him at all though.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Hey, im not saying I agree with it. I don't. Period. But I dont think it deserves the press, nor the hard feelings it is getting. I just think there are far bigger battles to fight. This one is a little one people think they have some control over... thats the problem...
    No, the problem lies with people electing NOT to fight the small battles, and saving themselves for "The Big Ones"...which never come. It leads to social/moral/political erosion.

My personal opinions of Reggie White aside, I agree that lowering the UNITED STATES flag for him is a slap in the face to everyone who has ever bled, fought, or died for it.

After all, let's face it, he "played a GAME". Whatever he may have sacrificed or suffered in his years of football were more than adequately compensated by boatloads of cash. As a "combat" veteran, I got chump change for being in the combat zone, and a silly ribbon to commemorate the event I took part in (My "Combat" consisted of 6 months in the Iran-Iraq war in '87-88, pulling mines out of the gulf...not real exciting).

People who make REAL sacrifices, people who face REAL danger, and people who die in the line of duty get SQUAT...and Reggie gets flags lowered in HIS honor.

If Bob Harlan were standing here now, I'd smack the taste right out of his mouth. What he believes to be an act "Honoring" a former player, is in fact an act dishonoring thousands of Americans. Bad call, Bob!!!

Caine

Wyndy11 is offline Rookie

It's causing quite a stink here. All the papers are covering it. The veterans are upset because the Packers flags are being flown at half mast. The veterans state the flags are only to be lowered by presidential decree.

"Wyndy11" wrote:
    It's causing quite a stink here. All the papers are covering it. The veterans are upset because the Packers flags are being flown at half mast. The veterans state the flags are only to be lowered by presidential decree.
    or by the governor. That's just what I heard.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"jackyl" wrote:
    "RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    Complete BS IMHO. Lower it when OJ dies too... he was great on the field.
    Reggie was also great off the field
    I feel saddened about his loss for those that loved him, and think he was way to young to go. Can't argue about him on the field, having personally met him on many occasions I can say that I didn't like him at all though.
    It was his voice that you didn't like about him right jackyl!! jk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast