Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Sweet Jesus....Reggie gets the flag lowered?!

"PurpleReign" wrote:
    Ok, I'm sorry....but the death of an athlete, no matter how great they were, is not grounds for lowering the AMERICAN FLAG. That is a bit much, in my view.

It wasn't done for Pat Tillman, so why should it be done for White? Why not lower it for Jerry Orbach too. An actor, but hey...he died too.

The death of a President or major political figure? Yes.

9/11..Pearl Harbor, etc.? Yes.

An athlete passing? No.

There are other ways to honor Reggie White. You don't lower the symbol of freedom that people have died and bled for, for somebody who played a game. Especially when soldiers are dying in Iraq right now. Why doesn't the flag get lowered for them?

Sorry, but that's how I feel about it.

Well you might as well get ready for the day Brett Favre or John Elway passes because you know for sure they will lower the flag for him and P. Manning.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Sweet Jesus....Reggie gets the flag lowered?!

"casper" wrote:
    lowering the flag of any nation is the respect of the died. it is a way a people can show respect of a person to the world... :scratch: of course thinking this way or lets say the way who ever choose to pay this kind of respect for this person :shock: why having said this :angryfire: isn't currently the US flag at Half Mast for the men and woman who are dieing EVERY DAY IN IRAQ and Afganistan :blackeye:
    my dog died last month. he was great companion and on a scale of 1 to 10 he was a 4mill. i should put in a request for the flag to be lowered every nov 9 in honor of his great service.

i agree casper, the flag should have allready been at half mast.

vwo32 is offline Training Camp

"2fat4uVike" wrote:
    Who is "they" doing the lowering of the flag?
    If "they" do this for Reggie, we're all going to get a new national day off when Bert Farve passes the pearly gates. :shock:
    You aint kidding about this. We will probably get a week off each year in rememberance of Favre.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Lots of political people have done much worse
    #-o What you talking about leeeroy :shock: non of that mokey business goes on roun here :usa2:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Del Rio Guest

:roll:

AMEN :rr: :laughing3:

ROTFLMAO

oh i supose now we are going to bring up the one round theory :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like a few spoters i knew :laughing3:

:happy9:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

I agree:

Reggie was a great man, on and off the field.

I agree:

I wasn't comfortable with the Packers lowering the flag for him. I also didn't like Bob Harlan's comments in which he basically said "we're going to do it whether you like it or not".

I personally feel, however:

Bringing up his political statements that people got worked up about years ago is just detracting from his memory. No offense to you, Italian, I mentioned this to a Packer fan on another board, who went further and published links to every group making some public statement against White.

There's a time and place for that, but to me, it's like spitting on his grave. He never asked the Packers to fly the flags at half-mast. If you want to give someone crap for it, make it Bob Harlan.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

PurpleReign is offline Rookie

Well you might as well get ready for the day Brett Favre or John Elway passes because you know for sure they will lower the flag for him and P. Manning
    I seriously doubt that. The Bears didn't lower the flag for Walter Payton. Johnny Unitas didn't get the flag lowered.

Christ, even Pat Tillman, who went to war and DIED for what the flag stands for, didn't even get it lowered.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Very touchy subject. Question, maybe I missed it but where were the flown at half mast?

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

The Packers have had a tradition of doing this over the past few years.

This hypersensitivity is insane. It's better to not recognize somebody because everyone can't be?

If this was not a Packer, would this issue even be on the board? I doubt it.

Also, why the anger over it? Doesn't it show the greed of our society today? If someone wants to lower their flag to honor someone, let them!

Aren't there other things to waste energy on???
    3 Straight Division Champs

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast