Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Survey from the Minnesota Vikings

Just curious, did anyone else get selected for an online survey for the Vikings?
    According to the email, they sent it out to some of the season ticket holders (although I don't know what %).
    It was your basic survey, asking questions related to the overall game day experience and what would affect your decision to renew season tickets.
    There was also a section on the end that asked questions solely about the stadium drive.
    There were quite a few questions relating to the location, the need for tailgating, the roof, etc.

Two things stuck out in my mind.

1) They obviously realize that the lack of tailgating locations hurts them.
    They asked five or six questions about it.
    One question asked "If there was a location on site of the Metrodome where you could bring your own food and drink. but could not pull your car directly up to it, would you use it?".
    Kinda like tailgating without the tailgate I guess... personally I am not in favor of this, but it at least shows they are trying to improve our experience.

2) We were asked to rate how strongly certain things would affect our decision to renew or not, such as team performance on field, quality of concessions, ability to tailgate, etc...
    I realized while taking the survey, that team performance affects my decision to renew the least.
    Seriously, the team could tank or the team could win the superbowl, and I would renew either way.
    The quality of the stadium and the game day experience has a lot more to do with my decision than anything else.
    Am I a homer for thinking like this?
    Possibly...

I was glad to see the Viking taking an active interest in the fans' opinions.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Survey from the Minnesota Vikings

I filled out that survey as well.
    And I agree with you Nodak, team peformance has nothing to do with whether or not I will renew my season tickets.
    Heck I think they could lose every single game and I'd still renew!

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I agree WBL, team performance has nothing to do with anything really for me... I love the Vikings so i always will renew

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

I agree with all of you on this, but the more they lose, the more I get frustrated.. If they play and don't try their hardest to win, I get pissed off.. When the HC makes stupid decisions and loses the game for our Vikings, I get pissed..

I will always be a die hard fan of the Minnesota Vikings, but if they continue to have piss poor seasons like the last couple, then I would be very hesitant to renew season tickets. Especially if I live out of state to attend those games..

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I'm not a season ticket holder, but the teams performance has nothing to with anything for me either.
    If it did I wouldn't have driven on nasty roads to go to the Rams game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Yep, I received the survey & also replied to the "suggestions for improving my experience". This is what I wrote;

I would love to hear Paul Allen announcing the game vs. the current announcer. There is much more excitement in his radio broadcast.

There needs to be at the very least radio or TV’s in the bathrooms, broadcasting the game. Do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be waiting in line there & not knowing what is happening in the game? The same is true for the smoking areas. They do have TV's there, but no sound. Also there were several occasions where some of them weren’t even turned on during the games. Unless you are close to one, you do not see what is going on because you are behind people and can’t see around them. The video feeds need to be put up higher & sound added.

I feel Led Zeppelins “Immigrant Song” should be used as the opening intro song. The new Vikings song they added this year is terrible & one cannot even make out the words.

The player intros as they come out of the tunnel need to be brought back.

What happened to Ragnar being allowed to dance on the opposite side of the endzone from the cheerleaders between quarters? Many fans miss that.

They need to improve the speed of service at the concession lines. It takes way to long to wait in line & get your food.

The loss of quality & quantity of parking areas for tailgating is a real negative aspect of the experience. As it is now, I use Rapid Park & that is almost two miles from the stadium. And that will even be gone to make way for the new Twins ballpark. Other lots have been disappearing in recent years as well leaving mostly parking ramps or small private lots to park in. Any new stadium proposal should include a parking lot immediately surrounding the stadium like the old Met. Not only does it allow for parking & tailgating right at the stadium (a big, big positive for fans) but the revenue generated from the parking would be revenue that the Vikings would receive & would aide in the funding of the stadium. As it stands today only private owners of the small lots & ramps are benefiting from their fees & not the Vikings. Also we are at their mercy as to how much is being charged. At the ramp I've parked at, the fee varied from $20-$30 all season long & you never knew what was going to be charged until you arrived. I think $20 is a little high myself, but the $30-$35 that I saw is ridiculous.

Also, if the Vikings build an open-air stadium, you can count me out as being a season ticket holder. There are many younger children & older people who I see at the games. Many of which would not be able to tolerate the cold as well as others.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Noooo! The new stadium damm well better be outdoor or at least a retractable roof. I get all gittery seeing old video of the purple people eaters tearing up offenses in the snow. Look at Lambeau Field, it doesn't matter how cold, there are still tons of people there.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    Noooo! The new stadium damm well better be outdoor or at least a retractable roof. I get all gittery seeing old video of the purple people eaters tearing up offenses in the snow. Look at Lambeau Field, it doesn't matter how cold, there are still tons of people there.
    I'm totaly in favor of a retractable & that's what I voted for in the survey. I was against downtown Minneapolis as well unless they provided "on site" parking that was owned & operated by the Vikings.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WBLVikeBabe" wrote:
    I filled out that survey as well.
    And I agree with you Nodak, team peformance has nothing to do with whether or not I will renew my season tickets.
    Heck I think they could lose every single game and I'd still renew!
    Since I got my tickets via my uncle, I didn't get an invite to a survey.
    But, if financially able, I will buy season tickets every year, performance be darned.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

I like this. The organization is realizing that the fans are not as involved as of now. Maybe this new approach may also mean a more media and fan friendly Childress and Organization.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast