Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Surprised? Well, Vikes weren't all that bad to begin with

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I will admit to being one of the Tarvaris "haters" early on. I admit I was wrong. Tarvaris didn't look like an NFL QB, particularly with a 45 % completion rate in a "west coast" offense. It looked bad. He panicked too much. Our receivers were too raw and inexperienced and didn't "help out" at all (i.e. block downfield and help the QB by cutting routes off, etc.). Peterson was not yet up to speed, fully. The Cover 2 had holes in it.

That was then. This is NOW:

- Cover 2 abandoned for man coverage: results in corners being less confused. Pass D is better.
    - Tarvaris has massively improved. His completion % is now 75 %, and he has matured incredibly.
    - Receivers are better. Rice is developing nicely.

I did post, after week 1, that the Vikings "inside-out" philosophy (develop the lines and the rest will follow) was working. So I think I was partly right.

Back in July, I wrote something like, "If I am wrong about Tarvaris, I will admit it".

Here it is, Purple Pride Nation: I WAS WRONG ABOUT TARVARIS.

And I am glad I had to write that too.
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Very nice post my friend.
    Just one question.

When did we give up on the cover 2?
    I know I missed the game last week but up until then it was still a pretty dominant part of the scheme.

:
    You missed some great articles while you were gone .

They didn't abandon the cover 2, but have went away from it in certain plays.
    I am trying to get through all of them this weekend.

Some very interesting topics that I will have to read.

As to "Went Away" from it, didn't we have this discussion several times over the last 4 weeks? Its called opening the playbook.

;D
    That theory of yours was dismissed last week by one of the articles in one of the threads you missed.
    :P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Tarvaris still needs to do it against a good team and consistently for me to even consider hanging my hat on him.
    Completions to the flat is cool.
    Certainly.

We shall see.
    Hopefully so, cause I can't handle watching another touchy feely fest between childress and another young prospect.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "StillPurple" wrote:
    I will admit to being one of the Tarvaris "haters" early on. I admit I was wrong. Tarvaris didn't look like an NFL QB, particularly with a 45 % completion rate in a "west coast" offense. It looked bad. He panicked too much. Our receivers were too raw and inexperienced and didn't "help out" at all (i.e. block downfield and help the QB by cutting routes off, etc.). Peterson was not yet up to speed, fully. The Cover 2 had holes in it.

- Cover 2 abandoned for man coverage: results in corners being less confused. Pass D is better.
    - Tarvaris has massively improved. His completion % is now 75 %, and he has matured incredibly.

I did post, after week 1, that the Vikings "inside-out" philosophy (develop the lines and the rest will follow) was working. So I think I was partly right.

Back in July, I wrote something like, "If I am wrong about Tarvaris, I will admit it".

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Just one question.

I know I missed the game last week but up until then it was still a pretty dominant part of the scheme.

:

As to "Went Away" from it, didn't we have this discussion several times over the last 4 weeks? Its called opening the playbook.

;D
    That theory of yours was dismissed last week by one of the articles in one of the threads you missed.
    So what are you telling me, there is another article out there written by a sports hack who doesn't know anything about the game?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=StillPurple link=topic=40648.msg691008#msg691008 date=1197664146]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
    Just one question.

:

;D
    So what are you telling me, there is another article out there written by a sports hack who doesn't know anything about the game?

;D
    [/quote]

Could be. It depends on how some fan hacks interpret the article.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

I will say when I am wrong I am wrong> I am not totaly convinced that Chilly is the man so far. Is he getting it done so far. Yes. It seemed at first as though he was afraid to let
    the O coodinater do his job alone. I felt that TJack was the right guy all along and he needed time. My biggest problem with TJack was him not having a mental cock in his head and the other is him going head first insetad of sliding. However with that being said he also wouldnt have won at least one game had he just slid on one of those moments so I eat my words there. Now Chilly seems so have eveything going the right way and our D is gaining
    ground. The Most impressive thing to me is our drafting class. I feel the last 2 years we have the best draft in the nfl and have made the most of it. The only dissapointing thing is I feel we arent using rice enough, But I am taking it with what I can as A fan on the sideline. But I know he works very hard out there and puts every effort into it. So Chilly putting us into the playoffs will get my respect of we win all or all but one of these last games. Other than that I dont know where I stand. We have the players and talents is extremely high!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Yes they were. They have been playing much better the last month but they were that bad to begin with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12