Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support Your QB

Doc_Rebil is offline Waterboy

Support Your QB

As fans we need to support our starting qb. T Jack is young, athletic, and has a great arm with a desire to win. He showed alot of improvement in the final games of last year compared to when he started the season. And for a first year starting i dont think an 8-4 record is so bad. People need to realize that quarterbacks struggle when they first enter the league. Did either of the Manning brothers tear up the competition when they entered the NFL? No, and now they both have superbowl rings. Did Brett Favre experience instant success? No, he is the interception record holder and yet he is considered to be one of the greatest. T Jack isnt the only one at blame for last years struggles. He had one of the worst recieving cores in the NFL, and what more could you expect from a young qb who had to throw the ball to recievers who couldnt catch. Now we have Bernard Berrian and Sidney Rice, two GOOD recievers. Combine them with the greatest running game in the NFL and the best front 7 on Defense and improvement will be seen in T Jack. He will get more possesions b/c the defense will create more stops and the offense is much improved from where it was last year. We dont need to take over games because the system doesnt call for that to happen, and we have Peterson and Taylor to handle the load. This is a team posed for a playoff run in a wide open NFC and T Jack will have a break out season and make all the doubters out there eat their words.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Support Your QB

I understand your frustration, but there are already so many threads on this topic it would have been better off in one of those threads.

I think we need one "Official Tjack Thread" to consolidate all of them

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I feel the same way but there is no way of getting everyone on the same side here, alot of fans tend to look only at the negatives, I tend to look at poth the positives and the negatives weighing them with the situation the coaching staff put him in. For most fans felt Tarvaris wouldn't even be playing till maybe this or next year. Due to QB problems he was forced into a bad situation but handled it darn well IMO. I look foward to the day that everybody is on the same page, the WR's are in timing with the QB, they are not dropping passes, the offensive line shows some consistancy in both the passing and run blocking without the rediculous penalties. I believe as the offense grows things will come hand in hand, this is the ultimate team sport and we are yet to see everyone around Tarvaris do there job consistently, when this happens and Tarvaris shows the inability to become part of this we got an issue but maybe not because I have faith that John David Booty can come in a manage football games for us.

Right now what we know is that when our offensive line is playing consistent and not being penalized we are usually fairly efficent on offense. See our 5 game win streak. I too believe that some reliable talented WR's will do Tarvaris wonders. A QB must have his weapons and he must have confidence in them to go out and make plays.

One of biggest concerns I have is not Tarvaris Jackson, its our play calling and game management.
    I would like to see some more aggresiveness with the play calling regardless of the system. Let Tarvaris call audibles, give him an opportunity to read and react. Hopefully in his third year we see more of this as he has a better understanding of what defenses are doing. In the end I think all Tarvaris doubters will feel relieved when he becomes the QB he was meant to be. I love his work ethic and the coaches he has are dedicated, he listens to information and does what he is told.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Im a TJack supporter as well, but as suggested, there are a lot of TJack threads to post in...you're a new guy, so you wouldn't know...Welcome to the site BTW, you'll love it here, you should make an intro post in the Free Beer forum
    ;D

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I understand your frustration, but there are already so many threads on this topic it would have been better off in one of those threads.

Serioulsy enough of teh fucking threads! >

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Serioulsy enough of teh fricken threads! >
    Dude nobody is forcing you to read them, chill out.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome.
    Since this is your first post we will give you a pass here.

There are many threads discussing TJ supporting him, and a lot not supporting him.

Here is a nice little guideline for new members.

Skol.

[size=13pt]NEW MEMBER SURVIVAL GUIDE TO PP.O[/size]

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

Lmao. I just posted this same idea in the Tarvaris vs. Booty thread. Great minds...

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Serioulsy enough of teh fricken threads! >
    Dude nobody is forcing you to read them, chill out.
    Honestly how many do we need? Is there anything at this point that has not been talked about. Its not being forced to read but when you open up PPO and you see 4-5 different threads all about the same thing(T-Jack) it gets a frustrating. Is it wrong to say enough is enough and just have one merged thread. Is it not all the same argument or eventually turns into it? I guarantee that we could have a thread about TJack going fishing and it would thenn into the exact same argument. People are tired of having an argument about how bad he will be I(and Others) are just tired of the same argument over and over again. I bet if we counted we would see at least 20 threads started in the last month all about the same thing,.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"The" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

Lmao. I just posted this same idea in the Tarvaris vs. Booty thread. Great minds...

Combining all the TJ threads into 1 would make the internet implode.

Then Al Gore would have to make a new one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast