Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Supplemental Draft

Should Mike Williams be eligable for this year's supplemental draft, anything the Vikes maybe have a shot at getting him. If so, should we take him. If I am correct with the rules, whatever round we took him in is the round we would have to give up a draft pick in.

This was someone who the Vikings coveted going into draft Day. He could be an amazing compliment to Moss. He is definitely gifted and top-10 material. If I am correct, wasn't he Udeze's teammate at USC?

I, myself am half hoping for this to happen. If he isn't allowed back in, I can only hope that he would not be allowed back in school next year. Which would see his stock draft hopefully to our pick (as last in the draft 8) ).
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Supplemental Draft

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Should Mike Williams be eligable for this year's supplemental draft, anything the Vikes maybe have a shot at getting him. If so, should we take him. If I am correct with the rules, whatever round we took him in is the round we would have to give up a draft pick in.

This was someone who the Vikings coveted going into draft Day. He could be an amazing compliment to Moss. He is definitely gifted and top-10 material. If I am correct, wasn't he Udeze's teammate at USC?

I, myself am half hoping for this to happen. If he isn't allowed back in, I can only hope that he would not be allowed back in school next year. Which would see his stock draft hopefully to our pick (as last in the draft 8) ).

He is expected to go back to USC and play another year, but if he does go into the suplimental draft, we have no shot at getting him. He will get a first round bid in for him from a lot of teams, and we are 19th the list for him. No way none of the 18 teams ahead of us, put in a first round bid for him. I think he would have been the best WR in the draft this year, and would have been a huge steal, if he was drafted around 15 like he was expected too. I wish we could somehow get him, but we have pretty much no shot in hell.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Supplemental Draft

We would have no shot at getting him. Supplemental draft order is determined by a lottery of selecting the teams with less than 5 wins, 6-10 wins (where we are), and 11+ wins. Therefore there wouls still be about 6-7 teams picking before us in a best case scenario. Seeing as how alot of teams would have picked him in the top 10 anyway, he would be gone.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Supplemental Draft

[quote="ItalianStallion"]We would have no shot at getting him. Supplemental draft order is determined by a lottery of selecting the teams with less than 5 wins, 6-10 wins (where we are), and 11+ wins. Therefore there wouls still be about 6-7 teams picking before us in a best case scenario. Seeing as how alot of teams would have picked him in the top 10 anyway, he would be gone.

I thought they went by the last draft order? I could be wrong though. Either way, we won't get him.

Supplemental Draft

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    [quote]"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    We would have no shot at getting him. Supplemental draft order is determined by a lottery of selecting the teams with less than 5 wins, 6-10 wins (where we are), and 11+ wins. Therefore there wouls still be about 6-7 teams picking before us in a best case scenario. Seeing as how alot of teams would have picked him in the top 10 anyway, he would be gone.

I thought they went by the last draft order? I could be wrong though. Either way, we won't get him.
    Also, no way he gets past the chargers, with their pathetic WR corp.

Supplemental Draft

Well, I was thinking, how many of those teams picking before us addressed their WR need in this years draft? How many of them didn't really have much a need in the first place? How many of them would be willing to part with a their first rounder in a Supplemetnal Draft. Witht eh Draft class promising to be strong next year, how many people who take a shot at getting an Underclassman who would have missed all of their Mini-Camps and might be hard to sign to get him into trainign Camp on time?

For fans of a team who a got top-5 Pick in Moss at #21. And of a team who just got a top-10 Pick in Udeze at #19. You seem pretty sure we won't get him. Sounds a lot to me like all the people saying neither Smith or Udeze will be availble after 13, or at least by when we pick.

The Supplemental draft is by lottery.

Supplemental Draft

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Well, I was thinking, how many of those teams picking before us addressed their WR need in this years draft? How many of them didn't really have much a need in the first place? How many of them would be willing to part with a their first rounder in a Supplemetnal Draft. Witht eh Draft class promising to be strong next year, how many people who take a shot at getting an Underclassman who would have missed all of their Mini-Camps and might be hard to sign to get him into trainign Camp on time?

For fans of a team who a got top-5 Pick in Moss at #21. And of a team who just got a top-10 Pick in Udeze at #19. You seem pretty sure we won't get him. Sounds a lot to me like all the people saying neither Smith or Udeze will be availble after 13, or at least by when we pick.

The Supplemental draft is by lottery.

You do have a point there. I will admit I was one of those people saying that there is no way in hell we get Udeze. Udeze fell because of injury worries, and Moss fell because of off field worries, I don't see any reason, as of right now, for Mike to fall. Like I said before, no way the chargers pass on him, with how crappy their WR corp is. I find it is better not to expect to get a guy you want, then if you do get him, it feels even better. I would luv to get Mike, no doubt about that.

Supplemental Draft

If he's somehow there, we should definitely get him. He could prove to be another viable no. 2 option, and we definitely could use insurance in that position given Marcus Robinson's injury history. Just out of curiosity, is there any legal reason he can't be undrafted free agent? I'm sure there is because that would pretty much wipe out the draft otherwise, but just to be sure...
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

Supplemental Draft

there are plenty of worries about Mike Williams too. I didn't think that Chargers would pass up a WR this year, since they do have Drew Brees and if nothing else, Flutie. Plus they wanted Manning and he didn't want them.

However, like I said, getting players into camp is a big thing, especially when they are this young. Can he handle the pressure? If memory serves me, isn't his biggest asset his strength. Well, how iwll that transfer into such a tough league.

Williams was a #8 overall pick. I don't see him going before that in a Supplemental draft.

Supplemental Draft

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    there are plenty of worries about Mike Williams too. I didn't think that Chargers would pass up a WR this year, since they do have Drew Brees and if nothing else, Flutie. Plus they wanted Manning and he didn't want them.

However, like I said, getting players into camp is a big thing, especially when they are this young. Can he handle the pressure? If memory serves me, isn't his biggest asset his strength. Well, how iwll that transfer into such a tough league.

Williams was a #8 overall pick. I don't see him going before that in a Supplemental draft.

I think he actually might go higher in the supplimental draft than he would have in the regular draft. By the time the supplimental draft would be held, most teams will have seen what they have at WR and know if they really need a WR. But during the draft, teams could pass him, thinking they could draft a WR in a different round, with how deep the WR's were in this draft. plus, they could decide to pass on drafting williams, and look at free agent WR's to fill that spot. If he is in the supplimental draft, there will be some desperate teams in need of a WR, who didn't get to draft one and didn't sign ones they liked in FA after the draft, or maybe a good WR gets injured in training camp. I think there will be many more teams looking at him in the supplimental draft, IF he gets to enter it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast