Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Superstitions or game-time rituals???

Does anyone have any interesting pre-game, post-game, or game-time rituals or superstitions????

In 1998, starting with the Green Bay game (wk 4 or 5, I believe), I rotated jerseys with Cris Carter for offense, John Randle for defense, and a white Vikings t-shirt worn as an undershirt for special teams. After this worked in Lambeau, I adopted that ritual for the remainder of the year and they continued to win, until Anderson missed a FG. I then, retired that ritual.

This year I started with my purple Moss jersey for home games, and white Moss jersey for away games. The only game they won that I was wearing the white jersey was Houston. Here are some interesting stats for this season:

games that I've watched at BW-3 they are 3-0(Cowboys, Jags, Bears 9/26)

games that I've been able to watch at home they are 1-5(Eagles,Colts,Packers,Bears12/5,Saints,Giants)

when I've bet on the game they're 1-2 (Bears(both), Giants)

when my girlfriend wears her jersey they're 2-4 (Giants,Cowboys,Eagles,Colts,Bears(both))

In my purple Moss jersey, they're 4-2

In my Randle jersey, they're 2-1

In my white Moss jersey, they're 1-2

When I wear my Vikings tie, the previous Friday, they're 2-0

Considering the above, I'm hoping the game isn't televised, so I'll have to go to BW-3's to watch (3-0), and I'll be wearing my purple Moss jersey (4-2). I definitely won't be betting on the game, and I'm considering a switch to the alternating jerseys, although I'm more comfortable doing that at home. I'm also thinking, Xmas eve might be the time to break out the alternating jerseys.

Man, I've got issues.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Oh yeah, I forgot, I fully accept responsibility for the losses to the Giants and Bears this season. I bet on both games, watched both at home, and my girlfriend was wearing her jersey.

Clearly, I am the one to blame.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't really have any superstitions with the vikings, but I had a ton when I played in high school.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

all the superstitions i have is if we make it to the super bowl, somebody has to find me tickets to go. i have been to 3 vikings games. they have won all three. and i still have my ohio state hat that i wore(lucky fishing hat) to all those games. lol

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Superstitions or game-time rituals???

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Does anyone have any interesting pre-game, post-game, or game-time rituals or superstitions????

In 1998, starting with the Green Bay game (wk 4 or 5, I believe), I rotated jerseys with Cris Carter for offense, John Randle for defense, and a white Vikings t-shirt worn as an undershirt for special teams. After this worked in Lambeau, I adopted that ritual for the remainder of the year and they continued to win, until Anderson missed a FG. I then, retired that ritual.

This year I started with my purple Moss jersey for home games, and white Moss jersey for away games. The only game they won that I was wearing the white jersey was Houston. Here are some interesting stats for this season:

games that I've been able to watch at home they are 1-5(Eagles,Colts,Packers,Bears12/5,Saints,Giants)

when my girlfriend wears her jersey they're 2-4 (Giants,Cowboys,Eagles,Colts,Bears(both))

Considering the above, I'm hoping the game isn't televised, so I'll have to go to BW-3's to watch (3-0), and I'll be wearing my purple Moss jersey (4-2). I definitely won't be betting on the game, and I'm considering a switch to the alternating jerseys, although I'm more comfortable doing that at home. I'm also thinking, Xmas eve might be the time to break out the alternating jerseys.

Man, I've got issues.
    ok, here is what you do.......wear your tie every friday with your girlfriends jersey underneath, then on gameday wear put on both cc and randle jersey in order of when the vikings get the ball. hide the gals jersey on gameday and dont bet on any games.....lol, this should do the trick...
    ps. if you try this and it doesnt work, dont come looking for me!!!!!

I already told my girlfriend she wasn't allowed to wear her jersey on gameday anymore. I checked the TV listings on yahoo and as of now, the 1:00 fox game in my area is Ravens and Giants.

Even if I wasn't a Vikings fan, I'd rather see the Seahawks and Vikings. The Ravens defense will completely dominate Manning, and the team (if there is one) who is able to score double digits will win. There will be fireworks in Minnesota, with 2 high powered offenses, and subpar defenses.

My prediction for Sunday is that the team with the most TD's will win, unless the other team scores enough points via FG's and safeties to have more points than what the team with the most TD's has. lol

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Superstitions or game-time rituals???

"JDogg926" wrote:

Man, I've got issues.
    What are they when your girlfriend doesn't wear any shirt?......
    <grinning> J/K dude.

Actually, I go to my Viking closet, think about who is going to have a good game, and preceed to wear that jersey.
    Sometimes though, I bring out the old jerserys, Tark, Randle, A.Carter to change it up a little.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

XTAP, I haven't tried the no-shirt thing for her, I usually have my son, who's not quite 2 on the weekends. Besides, I wouldn't be able to watch the game if she was topless. I've got a Carter jersey I've had since I was in 8th grade, I usually just use that for playing sandlot games. Still got Cunningham and Randle, Moss home and away, and hoping to get a Culpepper away jersey for Xmas.

Holy shit, XTAP, I just now realized you're from Youngstown, I'm from Warren and work in Youngstown.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Holy shit, XTAP, I just now realized you're from Youngstown, I'm from Warren and work in Youngstown.
    Then you are a hop skip and a jump away.
    Do you go to Sammy Max bar in Austintown? Thats the Viking bar where they show the games on Sunday. Viking Jim from CD93.3 is usually there.
    I usually watch from home, but sometimes head out to the bar to watch.

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast