Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    nikoli is offline Rookie

Superbowl Also Proves That Our Oline...

is a lot better than a lot of you gave them credit for. The same Patriot Oline that so many of your were pimping got ravaged by the same Dline that our Oline stoned for four quarters. That's right, our Oline manhandled the NYG Dline. The only time the NYG DL got after Tarvaris was when Tarvaris held the ball too long. Otherwise our OL did a stellar job against an extremely talented DL.

Now I'm sure the excuses will come flying out of the woodwork here. But the bottom line is that our OL didn't look that bad all season. Is our OL the best? Nope, but it's pretty darn good and it's time all the haters give credit where credit is due.

I would also agree with the post below that DE is our biggest need. Get Suggs in here and get him here NOW!!!
    The language and concepts contained herein are
    guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the
    place where the guy with the horns and pointed
    stick conducts his business.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Superbowl Also Proves That Our Oline...

"nikoli" wrote:
    is a lot better than a lot of you gave them credit for. The same Patriot Oline that so many of your were pimping got ravaged by the same Dline that our Oline stoned for four quarters. That's right, our Oline manhandled the NYG Dline. The only time the NYG DL got after Tarvaris was when Tarvaris held the ball too long. Otherwise our OL did a stellar job against an extremely talented DL.

Now I'm sure the excuses will come flying out of the woodwork here. But the bottom line is that our OL didn't look that bad all season. Is our OL the best? Nope, but it's pretty darn good and it's time all the haters give credit where credit is due.

I would also agree with the post below that DE is our biggest need. Get Suggs in here and get him here NOW!!!
    You still trying to sell this.
    ;D

Gotta give ya credit. At least you defend your points.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Giants were a different team at times this season.
    They didn't get really motivated until late, maybe it was the last game of the season.

We will see.

Our O-line is good, but to span the comparison leaves a lot of variables in the middle.

I wish it was that easy of a measuring stick.

Json is offline GM

If the Giants can beat the Patriots in the SB there should be NO EXCUSE for the Vikings to never go and in win the entire thing within my lifetime!!!
    The Giants have given me hope, which is a tough pill to swallow considering I HATE THE GIANTS!!!

As for our O-Line, somebody said it best....the Giants where a different team late in the season and more importantly in the playoffs.
    Our O-Line is dominant at times but the Vikes MUST make some changes on that defensive line of ours.
    Udeze has gotta come in and relieve a player on downs but can not start!
    E. James can also go considering the guy has done jack crap since he arrived to the team besides get injured again, and again, and again.
    Suggs would be a nice addition but we know Chilly much better then that...he will draft the guys he wants and then go sign a 3rd string DE with more money then 80% of the starters in the league.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

All parts have to work to be successful.
    We can have the best O-line in the universe but without the rest of the team hitting all cylinders, we can't accomplish team greatness.
    A defensive pass rush from the D-line would be an added bonus and another step towards that team greatness.

Json is offline GM

As for our O-Line, somebody said it best....the Giants where a different team late in the season and more importantly in the playoffs.
    Our O-Line is dominant at times but the Vikes MUST make some changes on that defensive line of ours.
    E. James can also go considering the guy has done jack crap since he arrived to the team besides get injured again, and again, and again.
    Suggs would be a nice addition but we know Chilly much better then that...he will draft the guys he wants and then go sign a 3rd string DE with more money then 80% of the starters in the league.
    To better verify my point above....whats the name of our TE again???

"Json" wrote:
    If the Giants can beat the Patriots in the SB there should be NO EXCUSE for the Vikings to never go and in win the entire thing within my lifetime!!!
    The Giants have given me hope, which is a tough pill to swallow considering I HATE THE GIANTS!!!

I think we have pretty much put it to bed that the Chiller really doesn't make that call my friend.

Several really good links out there that actually lay out who does what when it comes to getting talent on the team, but suffice it to say, the Chillers role isn't as significant as you see to believe.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...?topic=41952.0
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

nikoli is offline Rookie

I knew the "different team" thing would come up. So I might remind you guys that this is the same team that sacked McNabb like 10 times and hit him another 15 times... in like week 3 or 4.
    The language and concepts contained herein are
    guaranteed not to cause eternal torment in the
    place where the guy with the horns and pointed
    stick conducts his business.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Even the most myopic fan of the NFL would have to give the offensive line of the team that won the 2007 rushing title some credit.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    Even the most myopic fan of the NFL would have to give the offensive line of the team that won the 2007 rushing title some credit.
    I think the outcome of the last thread we beat this to death in was that most agreed we were pretty damn good against the run but struggled at times with pass blocking.

I for one believe it is mostly related to the C and QB's ability to recognize and then make pre-snap adjustments to blitz packages (ala the last play of the season).

Both Cook (Birks adjustment) and AD (TJ's adjustment) blocked the same guy and let the blitzer through.

Most fans cannot understand that national press coverage regarding our teams running ability associated with the OL play has nothing to do with it pass blocking prowess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast