Suick is offline Pro-Bowler

Super Bowl Thoughts

I've been "reflecting" lately about the Super Bowl in general. As time goes by and we approch 50 SB's, it occurs to me that some of the "luster" of winning a SB is fading.

I mean after a while the shear odds, all teams are going to win it. It seems lately to some degree the nuvo-rich are having their day(s). Look at the Saints, the Ravens, and the Bucs for God's sake. The Cardnals almost did it, and they have been the laughing stock for ever.

Don't get me wrong. I'll be frothing at the mouth and dancing naked if the day ever comes. But.......... I think winning it in the 70's would have been much sweeter.
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Super Bowl Thoughts

It's that damn parity. To me it is just painful when I see teams that have been related to the biggest losers in the NFL (Tampa and Saints) both having Lombardis while the team that has the second most playoff appearances in the NFL has zero Lombardis. That is more painful every year. What's next? The Lions?
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I think it is more prestigious to win it today. Approaching 50 super bowls does not mean its getting old, it just means there is an abundance of history.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Prophet wrote:
    It's that damn parity. To me it is just painful when I see teams that have been related to the biggest losers in the NFL (Tampa and Saints) both having Lombardis while the team that has the second most playoff appearances in the NFL has zero Lombardis. That is more painful every year. What's next? The Lions?
    Wish you hadn't said that, Proph... Now, since it's on the internet, the NFL gods will believe it and it's going to come true next year. DAMMIT!!!

:laugh:
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/16-general-nfl-discussion/1035365-the-official-super-bowl-xliv-thread

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

BadlandsVikings wrote:
    http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/16-general-nfl-discussion/1035365-the-official-super-bowl-xliv-thread
    If you would actually took time to read the thread, you would realize that this is a different topic.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Prophet wrote:
    BadlandsVikings wrote:
    snip
    If you would actually took time to read the thread, you would realize that this is a different topic.
    sorry wrong link

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

14 teams that have never won a Super Bowl, I think it is still relevant.