Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Summer work pays off for Rice

Summer work pays off for Rice

Sidney Rice ranks third in the NFL in receiving yards with 964 yards. Rice's improvement this season obviously has a lot to do with Brett Favre's arrival, but he also credits the work he did with Minneapolis native and Arizona Cardinals Pro Bowl receiver Larry Fitzgerald Jr. this summer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re:Summer work pays off for Rice

Rice is quickly turning into one of our favorite receivers. He seems like a great kid. I hope he sticks around with us for years to come, and also that he continues seeing similar success long after Favre's departure.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Rice is quickly turning into one of our favorite receivers. He seems like a great kid. I hope he sticks around with us for years to come, and also that he continues seeing similar success long after Favre's departure.
    I think we will.

Probably a real bad person to compare him to, but I'm gonna.

I think he has the same ball skills Plex did. Just get it close and he is gonna catch it. Put a QB back there who isn't hesitant to throw it his way and get it close, and that cat will catch it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    I think we will.

Probably a real bad person to compare him to, but I'm gonna.

I think he has the same ball skills Plex did. Just get it close and he is gonna catch it. Put a QB back there who isn't hesitant to throw it his way and get it close, and that cat will catch it.
    Totally agree, Rice has the ability to make good catches on bad balls (not that there have been many)

He gets good separation, is fast without blistering speed a la Williamson and where did that get him?

We have an awesome set of recievers and Rice is going to be huge in this league and like a few have said he seems a really well grounded guy.
    Purple till i die