Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ranger is offline Coach

Re: Suck it up Butter cups

I really do think that a good quarterback and cornerback would make a massive difference.

Both issues may be addressed in the draft this upcoming year, although quarterback is always a dicey position in the first round.

Personally, I think we should sink or swim with TJ behind center.
    People are worried about his ego and emotional coping but...hahaha...screw that.
    He's a grown man.
    You want a quarterback with a strong will who can take failure.
    If he gets shellshocked from a rough opening season, well, he's probably not the right cat to be running the team anyway.

We have the backfield to make the team go.
    Let TJ try to establish some connections with his receivers, and maybe we'll start turning things around.
    I really doubt the playoffs are in the cards for us this year, but it's a great opportunity to see what the young guys have over a prolonged period of time.

We'd have a whole year of film on TJ and the kids at receiver to base draft day decisions on.
    Why not?

I'm not terribly disappointed in the way things are going this year, as I pretty much expected an uphill struggle.
    I just want to see more of TJ behind center to see if he's got the goods or not.

Ranger is offline Coach

"pack93z" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:
    Thanks for venting on us wolfman.
    We find it therapeutic to vent our frustrations on other Vikes fans who've been through the highs and lows of this francise.
    By the looks of it... yes I would say being a Vike fan must drive one a little crazed.

Forgo the darkness and step into the Green and Gold light for a little salvation
    ;D
    Wow, did you see how much fun Favre was having when he turned the ball over against the Bears?
    WOW!
    He was like a little turnover-prone kid out there!
    haha!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Ranger" wrote:
    I really do think that a good quarterback and cornerback would make a massive difference.

Both issues may be addressed in the draft this upcoming year, although quarterback is always a dicey position in the first round.

People are worried about his ego and emotional coping but...hahaha...screw that.
    He's a grown man.
    If he gets shellshocked from a rough opening season, well, he's probably not the right cat to be running the team anyway.

Let TJ try to establish some connections with his receivers, and maybe we'll start turning things around.
    I really doubt the playoffs are in the cards for us this year, but it's a great opportunity to see what the young guys have over a prolonged period of time.

We'd have a whole year of film on TJ and the kids at receiver to base draft day decisions on.
    Why not?

I'm not terribly disappointed in the way things are going this year, as I pretty much expected an uphill struggle.
    I just want to see more of TJ behind center to see if he's got the goods or not.
    Remember, it wasn't until SanDiego drafted Phillip Rivers that Drew Breese really turned it on.

I think we should go with a RG or RT first round, possibly even a Center.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"SKOL" wrote:
    You will never turn me to the dark side.

Everytime I walk into the Metrodump, I get this feeling that it is a dungeon for which they punish the poor souls within. Between the facilities and the team, it is dark dark days in Minny-sota. Good thing once a year we fill it will lots of Green and spruce it up a bit.

BTW... it must piss you off only to have 7 home games a year.
    ;D

Ranger is offline Coach

"C" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:

He's a grown man.

Why not?

Remember, it wasn't until SanDiego drafted Phillip Rivers that Drew Breese really turned it on.

I think we should go with a RG or RT first round, possibly even a Center.
    Unless that RG is a once a century guard, there's no point in spending a first round pick on that position when it can be filled with the same player a few rounds lower.

Line help can be addressed in the middle rounds, but I'd prefer it getting addressed in free agency.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"pack93z" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

Everytime I walk into the Metrodump, I get this feeling that it is a dungeon for which they punish the poor souls within. Between the facilities and the team, it is dark dark days in Minny-sota. Good thing once a year we fill it will lots of Green and spruce it up a bit.

;D

I felt the same way walking into Cleveland Browns stadium.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Ranger is offline Coach

"pack93z" wrote:
    "SKOL" wrote:

;D

Dude, you guys wear cheese on your heads.
    Fake cheese.
    Dude.

[img width=450 height=698]http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/57/89/0000035789_20061116111108.jpg[/img]

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"Ranger" wrote:
    Fake cheese.
    Dude.
    This comming from fans that wear long gold locks on their heads... yep rather wear the cheese

Ranger is offline Coach

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Fake cheese.
    Dude.
    This comming from fans that wear long gold locks on their heads... yep rather wear the cheese
    I'd still rather have a weave than a fake cheese hat.
    haha

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"pack93z" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Fake cheese.
    Dude.

Your not suppose to wear chease on your head, your suppose to eat it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast